New PL football season 2024/25 ⚽️

garygooner

I know the transfer window isn't over yet & City could spend that Alvarez money. Utd could still bring in a few more, but ... Who are your top 8 picks as it stands?  I'll start. 

1)   Arsenal 

2)  Man City 

3)  Liverpool 

4)  Aston Villa 

5)  Tottenham 

6)  Man Utd 

7)  Chelsea 

😎 Newcastle 

25 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

As well as the Alvarez money, I think we have also sold about £40m of players this summer and could rise to about £70m

I think your biggest concern is going into the new season without your own thread on ASEANNOW

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We have a thread. Just can't post in it. Mai pen rai

Start another one; others have. Will be busy enough now the season has started. You and @jellydog can keep it ticking over; plenty of others will offer sage advice and meaningful insights to add balance to the thread.😜

3 hours ago, champers said:

Start another one; others have. Will be busy enough now the season has started. You and @jellydog can keep it ticking over; plenty of others will offer sage advice and meaningful insights to add balance to the thread.😜

I get the feeling it's a matter of principle and that's why he won't start one. Which I respect....

Just need someone with less morale fibre to start one! 

On 8/13/2024 at 4:12 AM, champers said:

Done!

As much as I love football I find myself getting bored more quickly these days.

The Arsenal game wasn't great yesterday & started checking EFL scores on my phone just as much as watching the live match.  

On 8/13/2024 at 6:00 PM, RickG16 said:

I get the feeling it's a matter of principle and that's why he won't start one. Which I respect....

Just need someone with less morale fibre to start one! 

Nobody would be interested they frightened everyone off, 

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Nobody would be interested they frightened everyone off, 

I think with all these charges over their head there should be a City thread so we can discuss 

Well, the new PL table will soon be showing City & Arsenal as the top two teams, and Pool probably third. 

Spurs, Villa, Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle can fight for 4th ... outside chance Brighton.  

Well, just 3 games in & the PL is already taking a familiar pattern.

City looking good for their 5th title in a row & Haaland to get another golden boot. Arsenal & Liverpool just haven't strengthened enough.