Thailand Begins Operation of New Double-Track Railway, Boosting Transport and Logistics

I live in Muang Nakhon Pathom, which had a dual track for years, one for Westbound and one for Eastbound.

I guess the "dual track" means that areas where it was reduced to one has now been upgraded to a fully dual track the entire length.

At the moment they still use the old train station, the new one is still under construction, a concrete shell as it stands.

Just can't see transport companies abandoning their rotten highway trucks to use rail transport.

Maybe they will when the rail grid nationally is completed.....in what..20 years?

Edited by ChrisY1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I live in Muang Nakhon Pathom, which had a dual track for years, one for Westbound and one for Eastbound.

I guess the "dual track" means that areas where it was reduced to one has now been upgraded to a fully dual track the entire length.

At the moment they still use the old train station, the new one is still under construction, a concrete shell as it stands.

Malaysia has a rail from KL (Rawang) to the Thai boarder. 

The project recently completed, was called double track which included electrification. 

Maybe the new double-track railway from Nakhon Pathom to Chumphon is electrified? I would assume that they electrify. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Malaysia has a rail from KL (Rawang) to the Thai boarder. 

The project recently completed, was called double track which included electrification. 

Maybe the new double-track railway from Nakhon Pathom to Chumphon is electrified? I would assume that they electrify. 

The trains I see passing daily through here are diesel operated.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

........- the bridge over the Mae Klong River in Ratchaburi, targeted for development as a tourist attraction.......

Difficult to see how this could be a tourist attraction unlike the upstream Bridge over the River Kwai.

Interesting. I remember being a writer and editor of a government publication called "Thailand into the 90s" on the cusp of the new decade. The proud whispers about a dual track system were echoed back and forth across the editorial board table with some excitement. Then someone said that the same story had been discussed a decade before and nothing happened.

Now, it's here!

Snore....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1