Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking Int Transfer

Just looking at the website and it is saying that foreigners can make international transfers of funds

Vaguely remember that you have to have a work permit to do international transfers.

Anyway, what are the requirements?

Thank you

1 hour ago, hereforgood said:

I have sent money back at least 10 times to the US never been asked for anything did it all on the mobile app no issues whatsoever but I also done it with my k bank account who allow it as well

Hereforgood, did you have to go into the bank and arrange to use the Intn't Transfer on the mobile app, or did you just do the transfer straight away off your phone with no questions asked?

• Like 1

My BB phone app gives me the option, scroll over to other services, then down, to send up to ฿200k per day in the Swift transfer option. Haven't tried it yet though. I'm on a retirement visa. 

First I had to register for the service on their internet banking, not the app. The approval took less than a day., I continued to use the internet banking channel to effect transfers to UK. No problems, they do ask what the money will be used for but did not require any supporting documentation. Same with Dee Money, but registering with them required some documents to be uploaded to them tomorrow ID as I was not an existing client. Each has its own charging structure so it is worth comparing which is most advantageous to you.

9 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

First I had to register for the service on their internet banking, not the app. The approval took less than a day., I continued to use the internet banking channel to effect transfers to UK. No problems, they do ask what the money will be used for but did not require any supporting documentation. Same with Dee Money, but registering with them required some documents to be uploaded to them tomorrow ID as I was not an existing client. Each has its own charging structure so it is worth comparing which is most advantageous to you.

Lot of complaints with Dee in this topic... 

I wrote to the CEO of UOB two months ago and asked the question about international transfers, a very pleasant lady called me to explain. She said that as long as I had proof that the funds I wanted to transfer out, were brought into Thailand from overseas, there's not an issue. An FET or a foreign currency exchange form from ANY bank in Thailand, dated ANY time, would be fine. In my case, because I've been with the bank for over a decade, they could ask their Treasury Department to confirm, in case I didn't have the proof. Fortunately, I have copies of my foreign exchange receipts going back decades so this isn't a problem. Bless her, she even gave me her name and telephone number in case I had problem in the branch. 

51 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

I wrote to the CEO of UOB two months ago and asked the question about international transfers, a very pleasant lady called me to explain. She said that as long as I had proof that the funds I wanted to transfer out, were brought into Thailand from overseas, there's not an issue. An FET or a foreign currency exchange form from ANY bank in Thailand, dated ANY time, would be fine. In my case, because I've been with the bank for over a decade, they could ask their Treasury Department to confirm, in case I didn't have the proof. Fortunately, I have copies of my foreign exchange receipts going back decades so this isn't a problem. Bless her, she even gave me her name and telephone number in case I had problem in the branch. 

BBL labels these as FTT on statements.

16 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

BBL labels these as FTT on statements.

My two pensions are paid directly into BBL from overseas. The SWIFT address is Bangkok and the funds are then transferred to branch using Bahtnet. Those transfers show as Bahtnet and GPSD Head Office, not FTT.

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

My two pensions are paid directly into BBL from overseas. The SWIFT address is Bangkok and the funds are then transferred to branch using Bahtnet. Those transfers show as Bahtnet and GPSD Head Office, not FTT.

You're using the "original" electronic transfer method for SS benefits.  BBL should allow you to change to the newer IDD method which fill show transfers as FTT and will also remove the annoying restrictions on the account receiving the transfers.  You will need a different account at BBL to use the IDD method otherwise you will still have those restrictions.  To change to IDD you have to download a form specific to Thailand and then send to Manila.

5 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

You're using the "original" electronic transfer method for SS benefits.  BBL should allow you to change to the newer IDD method which fill show transfers as FTT and will also remove the annoying restrictions on the account receiving the transfers.  You will need a different account at BBL to use the IDD method otherwise you will still have those restrictions.  To change to IDD you have to download a form specific to Thailand and then send to Manila.

Not so, the method used is direct IDD and there are no restrictions on the account. What if progress is being in made in both those two areas, at the same time.

Edited by chiang mai
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Not so, the method used is direct IDD and there are no restrictions on the account.

OK.... I thought SSA/US Treasury used SWIFT for those transfers.... so I assumed it would show as FTT.  My bad, sorry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chiang mai said:

it seems UOB is overly restrictive in their policy for outbound transfers.  I know BBL and SCB don't restrict the outbound transfers to the amount of FET's you can show.

7 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

it seems UOB is overly restrictive in their policy for outbound transfers.  I know BBL and SCB don't restrict the outbound transfers to the amount of FET's you can show.

Neither does UOB, they don't restrict the number of FET's, the amounts, or the source of the FET.

Re. BBL transfers. the inbound payment is US SSc which probably would show as FTT except  H/O then transfers on to Chiang Mai. 

21 minutes ago, wimpy said:

Wonder if they would accept ATM receipts as proof of incoming foreign funds.

Even if they would, how do ATM receipts look like after a couple of months, you cannot read anything.

Edited by msbkk

My employer recently moved to TTB and I was pleasantly surprised that I could set-up an outbound international transfer via their banking app in just a couple of minutes with no other approvals required. If that approach doesn't work for BBL then you will need to visit a branch.

15 minutes ago, msbkk said:

Even if they would, how do ATM receipts look like after a couple of months, you cannot read anything.

If you keep them in a ziplock bag, they last much longer.

15 minutes ago, wimpy said:

If you keep them in a ziplock bag, they last much longer.

Ok, I personally do not have any international cash withdrawals as I do have Thai bank accounts where I transfer to. By the way I have done several outgoing transfers

via UOB without any documents required. This was done by internet banking.

8 hours ago, chiang mai said:

I recently changed from OA to O visa and had to prove my transfers from United States dollars to Thai baht to Bangkok Bank account. Bangkok Bank agreed FTT stands for foreign telegraphic transfer. They then went back 3 years and provided a printout of all of my ftt deposits for immigration office in hua hin.

The immigration office concurred and I got my Visa with no problem. So though my experience is different from yours it may be because I use wise as my transfer agent and transfer is done in THB. Take it as you will but I accomplished what I needed to with immigration.

In any event between the two of us we have probably helped a few people on this forum and I appreciate your help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RocketDog said:

I recently changed from OA to O visa and had to prove my transfers from United States dollars to Thai baht to Bangkok Bank account. Bangkok Bank agreed FTT stands for foreign telegraphic transfer. They then went back 3 years and provided a printout of all of my ftt deposits for immigration office in hua hin.

The immigration office concurred and I got my Visa with no problem. So though my experience is different from yours it may be because I use wise as my transfer agent and transfer is done in THB. Take it as you will but I accomplished what I needed to with immigration.

In any event between the two of us we have probably helped a few people on this forum and I appreciate your help.

Now I understand, thanks. Yours is a Wise transfer in Baht, mine is a recurring standing order which required upfront paperwork signed by BBL and Manilla US SSc beforehand. BBL sees each of your transfers as unique stand alone transfers. Mine are seen differently as a prearranged recurring set of transfers, hence labelled differently.

• Thumbs Up 1