What do security guards actually do in Thailand?

11 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Really CBA

Oh just remembered....this will annoy you.....wife frequently bought and brought them breakfast......and I have no idea why she did that.

44 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I don't want them to smile and nod at me.

is that what I am paying them for??

bob.

You are not paying them. They are employees of the Condominium and  responsible only to the designated  juristic entity designated to oversee them.  You pay a condominium fee. A small portion of the fee  is used to cover the cost of having the security guards. In effect, you contribute.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

In effect, you contribute.

so does the money that I earn/have saved go towards paying their salary?

yes or no.

bob.

Edited by bob smith

5 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

You are not paying them. They are employees of the Condominium and  responsible only to the designated  juristic entity designated to oversee them. 

....and who pays the jursitic salary??

me again?

bob.

• Like 1

1. Direct delivery riders to the drop off point. 

2. Ask delivery riders "everything" about the delivery.  What's in the box.. What's in the Box?

3. Eyeball anything I'm carrying into the building.

I plan to get a blow up and carry that in under my arm, my partner has pleaded with me not to do this.. but it's happening.

4. Amateur photography of everything, checklist number plates to confirm parking space usage

5. Saluting: They all salute even after telling them I'm not salute worthy.

There is always one though that doesn't get up or acknowledge farangs.. he's my favorite.

Yes, hate me, don't stand and salute at 2am in the morning when I'm sneaking to 7/11 to buy your horrible version of a kitkat.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Sufferin' succotash....move if they annoy you that much. 

won't it just be the same elsewhere?

I have many properties in Thailand and they are crawlin with security guards lazing about on the job.

bob.

Just now, bob smith said:

won't it just be the same elsewhere?

I have many properties in Thailand and they are crawlin with security guards lazing about on the job.

bob.

I would guess the nearest security guard to us would be a three hour round trip.

Robinson's in Chaiyaphum.

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

I would guess the nearest security guard to us would be a three hour round trip.

Robinson's in Chaiyaphum.

fair enough..

bit difficult to rent out a property that is in the sticks though when you aren't using it.

but yeah, next step is to buy a huge plot of land and erect a 15ft concrete wall around it.

bob.

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

really??

nothing to do with keeping me safe then?

bob.

Don't expect a lot from them Bob, they work for the Security company who are hired by the condo committee, they earn very small money. They'd take 5000 baht for your Rolex if the found a chance!

3 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Don't expect a lot from them Bob,

I don't.

But as they are indirectly on my payroll I just want to know a bit more about how it works here.

bob.

13 minutes ago, bob smith said:

fair enough..

bit difficult to rent out a property that is in the sticks though when you aren't using it.

but yeah, next step is to buy a huge plot of land and erect a 15ft concrete wall around it.

bob.

Went for 2m and that caused a stir.

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I don't.

But as they are indirectly on my payroll I just want to know a bit more about how it works here.

bob.

They answer to whoever they are contracted to. They walk around looking busy  occupied, at night they get as much sleep as they can get away with or sell anything they can get a baht or two for.

• Haha 1

The so called Security Guards   that are  in our  Village do  sweet F.A.  most of their 24 hours shifts ..  a better title for them is Gatekeepers,  & that's being generous

Edited by actonion

Just now, actonion said:

The so called security guards   that are  in our  village so  sweet F.A. 

same with mine, in all of my properties.

they seem like a complete waste of good money to me.

bob.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

they seem like a complete waste of good money to me

You can go to regular held meeting of your housing estate and suggest removing the guards to save money.

For housing estate, they might give road access to the local authority and open the roads for everybody. this is done a lot in older housing estates.

Good luck

5 minutes ago, SouthThailand said:

You can go to regular held meeting of your housing estate and suggest removing the guards to save money.

For housing estate, they might give road access to the local authority and open the roads for everybody. this is done a lot in older housing estates.

Good luck

is this what usually happens with very old estates? they no longer become secured projects and instead open up?

bob.

It is stimulating the economy. Watch the guards carefully and you will detect the economic stimulation of employment, even very low energy employment.

Don't security guards play a useful in being "employed", as opposed to unemployed? Each on earns more a month than the digital wallet will ever pay out, and earning such a paltry amount will be sure to send it to the last baht (at least the stuff not owed to loan sharks). 

1 minute ago, retarius said:

It is stimulating the economy. Watch the guards carefully and you will detect the economic stimulation of employment, even very low energy employment.

Don't security guards play a useful in being "employed", as opposed to unemployed? Each on earns more a month than the digital wallet will ever pay out, and earning such a paltry amount will be sure to send it to the last baht (at least the stuff not owed to loan sharks). 

perhaps they should stop play gambling on phone and start saving up then?

just a thought..

bob.

Slight of topic, but there is an empty closed bank, near me, They have re-opened the currency outside exchange 'booth', have never seen anyone using it, he sits inside an empty closed bank all day.....................🙄

24 minutes ago, bob smith said:

is this what usually happens with very old estates? they no longer become secured projects and instead open up?

bob.

Yes.

Just look at the many abandoned  security houses.

Edited by SouthThailand
  • Thanks 1

They make great parked car pushers. Also, they serve as a great way to get rid of uneaten food in your refrigerator which is about to expire. They are also great at keeping tabs of anyone who brings home a mistress every now and again when their wife isn't around. 

4 minutes ago, FriscoKid said:

They are also great at keeping tabs of anyone who brings home a mistress every now and again when their wife isn't around. 

....that's what tinted windows where made for!!

bob.

7 minutes ago, bob smith said:

....that's what tinted windows where made for!!

bob.

True, but they all still need to enter and exit the building. And all goes within eyeshot of Sleepy Somchai. 

Edited by FriscoKid

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, FriscoKid said:

True, but they all still need to enter and exit the building. And all goes within eyeshot of Sleepy Somchai. 

the old 'we are just friends' line has always worked for me...

bob.

Edited by bob smith