How early can renew non-o Chiang Mai

khunJam

7 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Technically Mr. Chipper is correct....one can extend but really can't "renew."  I avoided commenting about the OP's phraseology as I didn't want to be pedantic and thought I knew for certain that OP was referring to either the first or repeated extension of his Non-O visa.  A lot of people argue that our Non-O's fully expire but I don't really see it that way.....as every annual extension we get is based on the last Non-O we obtained. 

Correct, as all originating from the “NON IMMIGRANT VISA” stamp & reason to stay and subsequent permission extensions.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Not specific for CM but I never read that someone is denied within 30 days before due date.

(I always go within 30 to 25 days ahead here in KK)

45 days may need some justification.

It's been 45 days here in CM as long as I can remember (started getting annual extensions here in CM in 2011).  Prior to 2011, had a couple of annual extensions in Hua Hin and that office only allows one to apply for an annual extension within 30 days of the applicable expiration date.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks CM Bob. I made a Non-0 extension recently,  asked this question directly to an IO and the "English speaking" interns there and could not get a straight answer. My feeling is not evasion, they just really cannot understand spoken English.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2024 at 8:39 PM, CMBob said:

At CM Immigration, you can apply up to 45 days prior to the expiration date of your Non-O Visa or 45 days prior to the expiration date of your current annual extension thereof.

I am trying to figure out how many days the online immigration website will accept an ATTEMPT to book an appt.   

For example , when i look today ( the 12th of Oct ) ..... what day on the booking calender would be the latest day they allow one to TRY to book an appointment ?   

Since any date I click on says "nothing available on that date" .... well, what does one do ?  I remember you saying you did it at 2 minutes after midnight ( which i once also did years ago) .    But... i need to know what first chance to do that would be what date.

Thanks ( in advance)

also........ used to be some "help"  for over 70 year olds.  (i am able bodied).   does that exist at CM immig any more ?

Edited by rumak

10 minutes ago, rumak said:

I am trying to figure out how many days the online immigration website will accept an ATTEMPT to book an appt.   

For example , when i look today ( the 12th of Oct ) ..... what day on the booking calender would be the latest day they allow one to TRY to book an appointment ?   

Since any date I click on says "nothing available on that date" .... well, what does one do ?  I remember you saying you did it at 2 minutes after midnight ( which i once also did years ago) .    But... i need to know what first chance to do that would be what date.

Thanks ( in advance)

also........ used to be some "help"  for over 70 year olds.  (i am able bodied).   does that exist at CM immig any more ?

Seems like now they are allowing very bookings I've tried everyday within the 45day limit, given up now, will just go very early.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, rumak said:

Since it was started again, the appointment calendar here in CM extends out 90 days.  As I mentioned, I grabbed an appointment a couple of minutes after midnight 90 days out.  I've never paid attention to what happens if a cancellation occurs by somebody (i.e., does that time slot then show up on the calendar).  

As for help for us prehistoric creatures (I'm in the over-70 bracket too), I remember reading something about there was supposed to be some easier method for people over 70 or 75 but I've never known how that works or had any idea how to try it myself.

[On a somewhat off-topic note, a guy I know told me a couple weeks ago that he grabs 2 or 3 appointments for his annual extension, saying he does so in case he can't make it for a single appointment time.  He also said he ultimately cancels "unused" appointment times.  I had no clue the appointment system would allow a given individual to grab more than one appointment for the same purpose, think's that wrong (it's tough enough to get one of the limited appointment times), and told the guy I thought his doing so was inappropriate. He didn't care what I thought about it.]

Edit:  I just checked the appointment calendar for CM and, for retirement purposes, actually see 2 slots available for this coming Monday (Oct 14th) and one slot for Tuesday (October 15th).  The next and only appointment slots available are for January 1, 2025.  That last notation merits a comment that somehow the appointment calendar at least sometimes allows an appointment to be made on a government holiday.  A friend of mine got one of those dates recently and the office was closed so he had to attempt the regular queue system the next day.  So it might be wise not to even attempt to get appointment on a government holiday (or on a Monday) when such a holiday falls on a weekend).

Edited by CMBob

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

Since it was started again, the appointment calendar here in CM extends out 90 days.  As I mentioned, I grabbed an appointment a couple of minutes after midnight 90 days out.  I've never paid attention to what happens if a cancellation occurs by somebody (i.e., does that time slot then show up on the calendar).  

As for help for us prehistoric creatures (I'm in the over-70 bracket too), I remember reading something about there was supposed to be some easier method for people over 70 or 75 but I've never known how that works or had any idea how to try it myself.

[On a somewhat off-topic note, a guy I know told me a couple weeks ago that he grabs 2 or 3 appointments for his annual extension, saying he does so in case he can't make it for a single appointment time.  He also said he ultimately cancels "unused" appointment times.  I had no clue the appointment system would allow a given individual to grab more than one appointment for the same purpose, think's that wrong (it's tough enough to get one of the limited appointment times), and told the guy I thought his doing so was inappropriate. He didn't care what I thought about it.]

Edit:  I just checked the appointment calendar for CM and, for retirement purposes, actually see 2 slots available for this coming Monday (Oct 14th) and one slot for Tuesday (October 15th).  The next and only appointment slots available are for January 1, 2025.  That last notation merits a comment that somehow the appointment calendar at least sometimes allows an appointment to be made on a government holiday.  A friend of mine got one of those dates recently and the office was closed so he had to attempt the regular queue system the next day.  So it might be wise not to even attempt to get appointment on a government holiday (or on a Monday) when such a holiday falls on a weekend).

Thanks Bob...... seems like the tough days are here again !   I agree about the "misuse" of the booking ,  by individuals and I am pretty sure that some agents grab dates randomly too ( the ones without a "back door"  method ) .

grrrrrrr............. 

you are pretty sure about the 90 day window though ? 

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

....you are pretty sure about the 90 day window though ? 

Yes, that's the way it's been since they restarted the appointment system 2+ years ago.  I snatched my upcoming November 26th appointment time on August 28th.  Contrary to what I said before, I must have grabbed the appointment within a minute or so of midnight as I now see that the confirmation-of-appointment email from CM Immigration is dated August 28th, 2024, at 12:01AM.

(Just now checking the appointment system again for retirement purposes, I don't see any times available for the 89th or 90th days out.....which means those times were already grabbed by somebody or they somehow are beginning to shorten the 90-day time period.  It's likely the appointments are taken.  And I still see the same few and perhaps erroneous slots open as mentioned in my last post.)

• Thanks 1