Man, 53, Fatally Mauled by Own XL Bully Dog in Lancashire

Social Media

On 8/25/2024 at 3:08 PM, Irish star said:

Where my idiot ex friend had No muzzle on his dog at nightmarket , I can’t even remember seeing a dog in thailand with a muzzle maybe a cone lol

Well that appears to be your friend's fault, not the dogs.

Sounds like he didn't bite anyone anyway. They tend not to, if you train them and treat them properly.

I'd imagine some of the people at the market would have felt uneasy if your friend had brought a 7 foot tall black man with him. The answer would not have been to put the black man in handcuffs and a Hannibal Lecter face mask, it would have been to educate the people that not all black men are seconds away from killing them.

On 8/24/2024 at 1:48 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Thank you for confirming my recollection.

No problem. I'm always happy to remind people how responsible dog ownership works.

Besides, my dear old grandmother also had memory problems so I don't mind helping people with such conditions. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I saw a demented dog with a muzzle kept by food stall owners

Walking around off lead, sneak up and  to bite a guy on the back of the legOld and sick, struggling. Anybody could tell it should have been put down

Your old chums pitt bull should be no problem  in a marketplace muzzled or not muzzled. As long as it it well "trained" and "properly kept".

The guy is a Moron , trying to show power , everyone was getting away from it 

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Well that appears to be your friend's fault, not the dogs.

Sounds like he didn't bite anyone anyway. They tend not to, if you train them and treat them properly.

I'd imagine some of the people at the market would have felt uneasy if your friend had brought a 7 foot tall black man with him. The answer would not have been to put the black man in handcuffs and a Hannibal Lecter face mask, it would have been to educate the people that not all black men are seconds away from killing them.

Would you agree that replacing 'black' with 'Muslim' in your analogy rings just as true?

On 8/23/2024 at 2:39 PM, MalcolmB said:

Not such thing as a bad dog breed, just bad owners.

.... and there's no such thing as a good dog for rounding up sheep - people just choose Border Collies as a random choice.  Same with Police Dogs - Chihuahuas could do just as good a job as Alsatians, and Corgis make excellent guide dogs for the blind.

The dog breed has no bearing at all temperament or ability 🤣🤣🤣

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Generally the only good dog, is a dead one. If they are so much mans best friend why do they have to be trained, after thousands of years, not to attack people and to behave? We don't have to train cats, but then the cat is more intelligent than stupid mutts.

• Sad 2

On 8/23/2024 at 6:45 PM, RayC said:

Why am I not surprised that you choose to ignore the evidence when it doesn't fit your narrative?

Apparently nothing must be allowed to infringe upon your individual sovereignty, even if it means that others suffer the consequences: 'No accountability and no responsibility' appears to be your mantra.

Must be awful for you living in Thailand with your hatred of nationalism and your need for high personal responsibility, political correctness and strict law enforcement.

Makes me wonder what exactly attracts you to the country. Except for the obvious 😄.

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

No problem. I'm always happy to remind people how responsible dog ownership works.

Besides, my dear old grandmother also had memory problems so I don't mind helping people with such conditions. 

Clearly there’s nothing wrong with my memory.

Though your habit of drawing erroneous conclusions does suggest a problem somewhere.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Must be awful for you living in Thailand with your hatred of nationalism and your need for high personal responsibility, political correctness and strict law enforcement.

Makes me wonder what exactly attracts you to the country. Except for the obvious 😄.

Hit a nerve, did I?

Not for the first time, I notice that you avoided answering my question.

What attracted me to Thailand in the first place was the offer of a well-paid job, and a lifestyle which would have been unaffordable to me in the UK at the time.

We (my wife and me) live in the UK most of the year - the place that you care so much about, you state you will never return to - and Thailand during the UK winter.

I have no time for nationalists, who use an accident of birth in a misplaced attempt to show their superiority. On the other hand, I have a great deal of admiration for patriots who serve their country and communities.

Yes, I think that individuals should practice a high degree of personal responsibility and that enforcement of the law is a good thing (how strictly it should be enforced will depend on the situation). Your comment suggests that you consider these traits negative.

If by 'political correctness', you mean treating people with respect irrespective of their creed, colour, gender, religion, etc. then, again, that's something I try to practice.

Given that you demand that immigrants to the UK fully integrate, I assume that you are fluent in both spoken and written Thai, get up at sparrow's fart to offer alms and volunteer regularly at the local Wat?

• Thanks 1

A mother’s experience witnessing her two small children torn apart by her own pets, priceless.  

The family kept these wonderful pitties 8 years before they suddenly attacked the children. Most obviously these dogs could no longer tolerate being improperly kept and poorly trained by these irresponsible persons. 

Mom fought her pets for her kid’s lives 10 minutes. Perhaps her blood-curdling screams alarmed the pit bulls? 

Mom in ICU with innumerable bite wounds, including on her face. 

Both children bitten and mauled to death. 

Then the dogs were unfairly euthanized, when they simply could have been transferred to somebody who understands “responsible dog ownership”.  

What is the world coming to? 

https://www.wate.com/news/nexstar-media-wire/mother-tried-to-shield-children-killed-in-memphis-pit-bull-attack-family-says/amp/

IMG_4906.webp

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, RayC said:

Hit a nerve, did I?

Not for the first time, I notice that you avoided answering my question.

What attracted me to Thailand in the first place was the offer of a well-paid job, and a lifestyle which would have been unaffordable to me in the UK at the time.

We (my wife and me) live in the UK most of the year - the place that you care so much about, you state you will never return to - and Thailand during the UK winter.

I have no time for nationalists, who use an accident of birth in a misplaced attempt to show their superiority. On the other hand, I have a great deal of admiration for patriots who serve their country and communities.

Yes, I think that individuals should practice a high degree of personal responsibility and that enforcement of the law is a good thing (how strictly it should be enforced will depend on the situation). Your comment suggests that you consider these traits negative.

If by 'political correctness', you mean treating people with respect irrespective of their creed, colour, gender, religion, etc. then, again, that's something I try to practice.

Given that you demand that immigrants to the UK fully integrate, I assume that you are fluent in both spoken and written Thai, get up at sparrow's fart to offer alms and volunteer regularly at the local Wat?

Just confirms what I thought, you must hate Thailand with it's relaxed attitude to law enforcement, rampant nationalism, right wing governments and 2 tiered treatment of foreigners.  

Given that you think all Thais "get up at sparrow's fart to offer alms and volunteer regularly at the local Wat" you clearly don't know much about it either. 

Maybe best you extend those visits in the police state that the UK has become, you'll be much happier in such a totalitarian, PC environment.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

The family kept these wonderful pitties 8 years before they suddenly attacked the children. Most obviously these dogs could no longer tolerate being improperly kept and poorly trained by these irresponsible chodes. 

You seem to be implying that due to the way this couple look, they (and their children) were experts on handling dogs responsibly.

What makes you reach such a conclusion? Hairstyle? Glasses? Skin colour? Nice Smile?

I think we need to know more about the history of the case than just concluding based on a cute picture of what appears to be a hipster couple. I've been in nice restaurants where couples looking like this are letting their kids run around unsupervised, knocking peoples drinks over, screaming, standing on tables etc and the parents just laugh, completely oblivious to the fact they are ruining everyone elses dining experience. Perhaps they allowed their children to show the dogs a similar lack of respect? I think we need more than just a photo to draw conclusions in this case.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You seem to be implying that due to the way this couple look, they (and their children) were experts on handling dogs responsibly.

What makes you reach such a conclusion? Hairstyle? Glasses? Skin colour? Nice Smile?

I think we need to know more about the history of the case than just concluding based on a cute picture of what appears to be a hipster couple. I've been in nice restaurants where couples looking like this are letting their kids run around unsupervised, knocking peoples drinks over, screaming, standing on tables etc and the parents just laugh, completely oblivious to the fact they are ruining everyone elses dining experience. Perhaps they allowed their children to show the dogs a similar lack of respect? I think we need more than just a photo to draw conclusions in this case.

They did something right for those 8 years

Then after 3 years the children came

A few more years, no issues. 

Maybe there is something that is part of the problem? Not sure we can break thru here , maybe check Google. Nearly every month in the US.

Time bombs 

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

Just now, Captain Monday said:

They did something right for 8 years

Thsn after 3 years the children came

A few more years, no issues. 

Maybe there is something that is part of the problem? Not sure we can break thru here , maybe check Google. Nearly every month in the US. 

You google it.

You were the one implying they did nothing wrong based on a cute photo. 

16 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You google it.

You were the one implying they did nothing wrong based on a cute photo. 

I know GS dogs

They might bite a kid, to correct them in “the pack”. Not maul em’ to death. 

It’s your family, Einstein.  cheers

Edited by Captain Monday

On 8/28/2024 at 4:32 AM, JonnyF said:

Just confirms what I thought, you must hate Thailand with it's relaxed attitude to law enforcement, rampant nationalism, right wing governments and 2 tiered treatment of foreigners. 

There is much to admire about Thailand and it's people but those traits aren't among them.

Still, no surprise that you should find them appealing.

Given that you think all Thais "get up at sparrow's fart to offer alms and volunteer regularly at the local Wat" you clearly don't know much about it either. 

I didn't suggest that all Thais did.  However, some do and the local Wat forms a big part of community life in much of Thailand. You would discover that if you ever left your solipsistic bubble.

Maybe best you extend those visits in the police state that the UK has become, you'll be much happier in such a totalitarian, PC environment.

I would suggest that you return to the UK and see for yourself that is not the case - how long's it been since you set foot in the UK? - but we are better off without you.

1 hour ago, RayC said:

There is much to admire about Thailand and it's people but those traits aren't among them.

Still, no surprise that you should find them appealing.

Yes I do find Thais pride in their country and intolerance of Woke Liberal nonsense appealing. Also their laid back attitude and sense of humour. That's why I love living here.

1 hour ago, RayC said:

I would suggest that you return to the UK and see for yourself that is not the case - how long's it been since you set foot in the UK? - but we are better off without you.

Flew out of Heathrow on the 5th August. So 24 days. Has it really changed that much since then? I know Labour aim to ruin it fast but not even they are that quick. 

But yes I am happy to leave the UK behind now. My last trip confirmed that. Born there in the 70's, grew up there in the 80's, partied there in the 90's and left in the noughties. I saw the best of it before Liberal, Woke simps ruined it.

My only interest in the place now is getting my hard earned and not insignificant assets out of the dump before Labour try to steal it in their first budget to pay for the cultural enrichers. 

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes I do find Thais pride in their country and intolerance of Woke Liberal nonsense appealing. Also their laid back attitude and sense of humour. That's why I love living here.

Flew out of Heathrow on the 5th August. So 24 days. Has it really changed that much since then? I know Labour aim to ruin it fast but not even they are that quick. 

But yes I am happy to leave the UK behind now. My last trip confirmed that. Born there in the 70's, grew up there in the 80's, partied there in the 90's and left in the noughties. I saw the best of it before Liberal, Woke simps ruined it.

My only interest in the place now is getting my hard earned and not insignificant assets out of the dump before Labour try to steal it in their first budget to pay for the cultural enrichers. 

intolerance of Woke Liberal nonsense appealing

What?.....It must be one of the most woke liberal countries in the world.....?

On 8/28/2024 at 9:44 AM, JonnyF said:

Stay lucky Jonny.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Stay lucky Jonny.

Don't need luck when your dog is trained and treated well.

The only person that needs luck is the one breaking in at 2am.

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

intolerance of Woke Liberal nonsense appealing

What?.....It must be one of the most woke liberal countries in the world.....?

You must be living in a different Thailand to me. 

They love their culture and protect it. They reward hard work. No welfare state here. Fiercely patriotic. No shame in flying the Thai flag. They clamp down on illegal immigrants. No pandering to the cultural enrichers.  Tough jail sentences. 

No pearl clutching here. No Asian guilt. Not many liberals. 

Thailand is about as right wing as it gets. It's run by the military for goodness sake. WOKE?

The UK could learn a lot from Thailand. Viva Thailand. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I had 2 American bulldogs both large strong dogs….they both had a very strong prey drive especially the female.my dogs were loving towards humans but hell on other dogs they were a liability big time I even considered having them put down,I chose instead to be responsible and protect other’s pets from them.Make no mistake these dogs have the power to hurt you that’s not to say they will most are sweet and gentle towards their loved ones.that being said they aren’t granneys poodle don’t treat them as such!!they are fine dogs but the owners must be responsible!!!

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

I had 2 American bulldogs both large strong dogs….they both had a very strong prey drive especially the female.my dogs were loving towards humans but hell on other dogs they were a liability big time I even considered having them put down,I chose instead to be responsible and protect other’s pets from them.Make no mistake these dogs have the power to hurt you that’s not to say they will most are sweet and gentle towards their loved ones.that being said they aren’t granneys poodle don’t treat them as such!!they are fine dogs but the owners must be responsible!!!

I actually made it to the end of that post.

Of course I have a headache but that's par for the course with your posts. Paragraphs Bro. Use them.

Yes dogs that are dog aggressive should be kept away from other dogs. Common sense. 

Same as horses should not be let loose on highways. They might cause an accident.

That does not mean we ban horses when an idiot buys one and releases it on the highway.

Any more than we ban white vans when a cultural enricher drives one into a London crowd while shouting Allahu Ahkbar.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You must be living in a different Thailand to me. 

They love their culture and protect it. They reward hard work. No welfare state here. Fiercely patriotic. No shame in flying the Thai flag. They clamp down on illegal immigrants. No pandering to the cultural enrichers.  No pandering to the cultural enrichers. Tough jail sentences

No pearl clutching here. No Asian guilt. Not many liberals. 

Thailand is about as right wing as it gets. It's run by the military for goodness sake. WOKE?

The UK could learn a lot from Thailand. Viva Thailand. 

They reward hard work.....300b/day ????

No welfare state here......so much to be proud of seeing people struggling and begging????

Fiercely patriotic......trying to get rid of the you know who and the elites ????

No shame in flying the Thai flag......wow...you are so easily impressed...someone waves a flag

They clamp down on illegal immigrants........they flood into the country to depress wages and maximise profits

No pandering to the cultural enrichers........what?

Tough jail sentences...12 hours for 8 years...5 years for murder.....people given royal pardons every year?

Thailand is about as right wing as it gets....in the sense that the population is abused and disabused by the elites......yes.

You are away with the mixer

• Love It 2

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

And there was I thinking that your comments were borne of a desire to see the country of your birth thrive. 

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in liquidating your assets. Hopefully, you can now sort out everything remotely from Thailand and it won't be necessary for you to return to the UK.

March 2024. New Jersey. Daymon Balbuena, age 3 months killed by family livestock.  

https://nypost.com/2024/03/14/us-news/3-month-old-baby-mauled-to-death-by-family-pit-bull-in-nj-reports/

August 2024. Rochester, New York. In another shocking 😳 incident a man and woman outside smoking weed. One or two of their animales go up to an attic room and maul  their 3 month old baby to death. The couple are now charged with manslaughter. Premeditated murder, I’d reckon. 

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/3-month-baby-fatally-mauled-dogs-attic-parents-113063873

https://13wham.com/news/local/parents-charged-for-pit-bull-attack-that-killed-infant-baby-boy-in-rochester-dog-mauled-teen-parents-smoke-marijuana-bidwell-terrace

Is this a bad year for 3 month old boys? Or maybe let’s just use our noggins. Was the animal in question a gerbil, a rabbit, a Shi Tzu, a German Shepherd dog? Nah, we all know what type of "pet" was involved.

Edited by Captain Monday