Yvette Cooper Vows Unprecedented Crackdown on Illegal Migration

Social Media

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

We already have a million unemployed to fill the low skilled jobs. It would get them off benefits and give them a bit of self respect at the same time. Win win. No need to bring in unskilled immigrants, often with intolerant belief systems and criminal backgrounds to do low skilled work. 

That's just doesn't happen. If you stopped lying your posts would have more credibility.

Legal immigrants need a visa. They need background checks. They need to earn a certain level of salary. They are not unskilled and they don't do unskilled jobs. They don't have criminal backgrounds.

There have been over 1 million unemployed since I can remember. Most of them don't want to work. They, British citizens, cost the system millions more than migrants do.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ah yes, they are all Doctors and Nurses. They just lost their medical certificates at the same time they lost their passports. 

You've done it again.

Before spouting off, try to understand the difference between legal and illegal migration. 

That will enable you to stop posting the rubbish you sometimes post.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

That's just doesn't happen. If you stopped lying your posts would have more credibility.

Legal immigrants need a visa. They need background checks. They need to earn a certain level of salary. They are not unskilled and they don't do unskilled jobs. They don't have criminal backgrounds.

There have been over 1 million unemployed since I can remember. Most of them don't want to work. They, British citizens, cost the system millions more than migrants do.

I am talking about illegal immigration. You know, like in the title of the thread. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Before spouting off, try to understand the difference between legal and illegal migration. 

I understand the difference. I can even read the title of the thread, something that seems beyond you.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I am talking about illegal immigration. You know, like in the title of the thread. 

Then why mention working unskilled jobs? Why talk about then being "brought" in? Why suggest they are Doctors and nurses? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I understand the difference. I can even read the title of the thread, something that seems beyond you.

You don't seem to be able to differentiate what each group does.

I can read the title. I was replying to your inaccuracies.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

Then why mention working unskilled jobs?

Because if we are lucky, they will end up doing legal skilled jobs. As opposed to illegal unskilled jobs like mugger, dealer etc. 

Why talk about then being "brought" in?

By gangs. They don't swim over with a compass in one hand and a peanut butter sandwich in the other. 

Why suggest they are Doctors and nurses? 

It was clearly a sarcastic post. "They lost their medical certificates along with their passports". You thought I was being serious? 😃

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

You don't seem to be able to differentiate what each group does.

What each group does?

What does each group "Do"? Do they all have a set list that they adhere to, depending on whether they are legal or illegal? Please share... 

• Agree 1

On 8/23/2024 at 3:59 AM, mdr224 said:

Sort of too late for the UK. Still hope for the US but the liberals here hope all countries become like UK in the future

To be fair, the us and uk deserve it for all the countries they've invaded and ruined in recent times. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

What each group does?

What does each group "Do"? Do they all have a set list that they adhere to, depending on whether they are legal or illegal? Please share... 

This post clearly defines your lack of understanding. 

You need to go away and have a read about migration. Gov.UK eould be a good start.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Because if we are lucky, they will end up doing legal skilled jobs. As opposed to illegal unskilled jobs like mugger, dealer etc. 

That's funny. So far off your original agenda. An apology for your error would have been more fitting. Still, it all fits with your narrative.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

This post clearly defines your lack of understanding. 

You need to go away and have a read about migration. Gov.UK eould be a good start.

Nice deflection.

I repeat, what does each group (legal and illegal) do?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

That's funny. So far off your original agenda. An apology for your error would have been more fitting. Still, it all fits with your narrative.

What error?

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Nice deflection.

I repeat, what does each group (legal and illegal) do?

Rights of legal immigrants, illegal immigrants and asylum seekers are clearly defined on the website I directed you to.

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

What error?

Exactly. If you don't know, you'll never understand.

11 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Exactly. If you don't know, you'll never understand.

The sort of thing an 8 year old would say before stomping off with a smug face  😄

On 8/23/2024 at 6:54 PM, RayC said:

I agree and not it's not just France. I dare say every European country holds a similar view which, imo, is why Europe as a whole needs to act as one and search for a co-ordinated, collaborative solution to the problem.

Indeed. When the African nations were fighting among themselves the EU failed to agree on a unified approach, now deperately trying to shut the stable door. The UK were quite delusional thinking the problem would go away with brexit.

On a global basis there is a fundamental problem in the fact that the UN is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. They should have done a great deal more years ago to deal with displaced persons resulting from conflict. It is not like there is insufficient room in North Africa for refugee encampments, it was an apathetic approach that resulted in camps on the French coast.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

It is interesting that while the UK suffers from not enough “skilled” workers, over 40% of students at Cambridge are not citizens of the UK. 

That's because UK universities generate more revenue from overseas students - whose tution fees are uncapped - than domestic students whose fees are capped.

It's just one example of the ill-thought out, confused thinking wrt higher education that has prevailed in the UK for the past 30 years.

4 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Theoretically. In my home town in the UK, recently a Greggs bakery opened. All the staff are Indians who speak rather poor English. It is a small rural town, with a very small migrant community, and a lack of jobs. How the hell did they get work visas? Obviously the Bakery was set up by someone who recruited from India (probably relatives), got them possibly fake qualifications and claimed they would be paid sufficient to meet the skilled worker pay requirement. The shop will make very little profit but the off the record pay deductions from the grateful staff will be tax free.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

That is not what is happening.

We already have a million unemployed to fill the low skilled jobs. It would get them off benefits and give them a bit of self respect at the same time. Win win. No need to bring in unskilled immigrants, often with intolerant belief systems and criminal backgrounds to do low skilled work. 

Apart that is from the fact many are too sick to work, stuck on waiting lists for treatment in the NHS:

Maybe a few more foreign doctors, nurses, health professionals and auxiliary staff might help clear the backlog.

https://obr.uk/box/how-much-could-reducing-the-nhs-waiting-list-contribute-to-falling-inactivity-in-our-upside-scenario/#:~:text=We estimate that there were,-term sick inactive population).

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

The chances are they are in UK on spouse or family visa. As they are not entitled to any benefits, they work. Legally.

If they are working cash in gand and not paying tax, and get caught, their visa status is at risk. A risk I doubt they'd be willing to take. It's also very unlikely a Gregg's franchise eould get away with it.

Yes, i am sure they are in the UK 'legally'. Strange that all 5 of them are spouses or family members (do you have to be under 18?). They do not work cash in hand, just they either are family members or are paying out of their wages for the job to the franchise owner. It is very hard to believe that any attempt was made to recruit locally. Just possible they are overseas students working for the summer.

15 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Yes, i am sure they are in the UK 'legally'. Strange that all 5 of them are spouses or family members (do you have to be under 18?). They do not work cash in hand, just they either are family members or are paying out of their wages for the job to the franchise owner. It is very hard to believe that any attempt was made to recruit locally. Just possible they are overseas students working for the summer.

Why is it strange they are spouses or family members of those already in UK? You, yourself, said there was a migrant community. As there is a local migrant community it would seem recruitment has been made locally.

You also didn't mention their age in your initial post. That would have negated your impression that the aquired their work visas with fake credentials straight away.

I don't know why you think they'd be paying to work.

How do you know they all don't speak good Engish? How do you know so much about them in general?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yvette Cooper Vows Unprecedented Crackdown on Illegal Migration

IMO Cooper will neither carry out an Unprecedented Crackdown on Illegal Migration, nor fix the problem.

I've heard it all before, by say anything to get elected politicians, and they rarely ever do what they say.

Thatcher was an exception, and people danced in the streets when she died.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, mogandave said:

It is interesting that while the UK suffers from not enough “skilled” workers, over 40% of students at Cambridge are not citizens of the UK. 

As far as the government is concerned "skilled" workers do not come from universities, and in particular Cambridge.

The lack of skilled workers comes from goverment mishandling of apprenticeships.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

As far as the government is concerned "skilled" workers do not come from universities, and in particular Cambridge.

The lack of skilled workers comes from goverment mishandling of apprenticeships.

So government workers are considered unskilled? Are engineers unskilled? Are teachers unskilled? Nurses unskilled? Are accountants unskilled?

Certainly tradesmen are skilled, but the idea that other jobs are not is a bit silly. 

4 hours ago, mogandave said:

Certainly tradesmen are skilled, but the idea that other jobs are not is a bit silly. 

You should remember the point was about a shortage of skills, not about all skills.

It is government classification, not mine, maybe I was a bit brief in just referring to apprenticeships which had one of the greatest impacts.

If you look at the Skilled Worker Visa categories, not that many of them require a formal university education. More to do with vocational achievements.