Renewal Date for Long Stay Visa

I have a non-immigrant long stay visa that I renew every 12 months. Next year, I will be away from Thailand on the mid-November renewal date. Is it possible to renew the visa in September to expire the following September. Asking from Chiang Mai. Thanks!

Presumably you mean you have an extension of stay?  You can renew 30 (maybe 45) days before it ends, so mid, maybe early October.  The new extension will be 12 months from the expiry of the current one, mid-Nov.

5 minutes ago, CCCARP said:

I have a non-immigrant long stay visa that I renew every 12 months. Next year, I will be away from Thailand on the mid-November renewal date. Is it possible to renew the visa in September to expire the following September. Asking from Chiang Mai. Thanks!

Can you be more clearer is it a LTV (10 yr) or other ?

29 minutes ago, CCCARP said:

I’m assuming you’re on a Non-IMM O/OA which can be extended at most Imm offices 45 days before & maybe even longer if you can sway the IO as you’re travelling. 

An agent can get it done up to 3 months in advance. 

Edit: Extensions start from the date of expiry of your current permission to stay so will still be due the following November.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CCCARP said:

Asking from Chiang Mai.

At CM you can apply for extension 45 days prior to expiry of your current permit (it's not a visa) 

Immigration may allow you to apply early. Supporting info such as flights etc would help.

Assume that your extensions are based on retirement.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, I have an investment visa (in this context, functionally equivalent to a retirement visa) which I extend every year in mid-November. In 2025, I will be outside Thailand from about September 15 to November 30. My question is, can I go to Immigration (Chiang Mai) around September 10 and simply renew my visa to expire on September 10 of the following year? Losing a couple of months in the process. Or is it more complicated than that? I greatly appreciate the feedback.

9 minutes ago, CCCARP said:

Sorry, I have an investment visa (in this context, functionally equivalent to a retirement visa) which I extend every year in mid-November. In 2025, I will be outside Thailand from about September 15 to November 30. My question is, can I go to Immigration (Chiang Mai) around September 10 and simply renew my visa to expire on September 10 of the following year? Losing a couple of months in the process. Or is it more complicated than that? I greatly appreciate the feedback.

Keep it simple.

What type of visa do you have. 

Maybe PE or....? There is no such thing as retirement visa 

Basically you are asking if you can obtain extension 65 days prior to expiry. 

You will not receive definitive answer in this forum.

Visit your immigration office for advice or deal with agent. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CCCARP said:

An agent can generally get extensions done early.  Whether an agent can get that particular type of extension done is an open question, however.

Is this is the old 10M Baht in condos and/or govt-bonds extension?  If so, I would not want to let that lapse, or you might not be able to get it again, using the existing investments.