Any foolproof way of stopping Truemove credit disappearing literally seconds after adding !

I know this has come up before

Twice in the past I went in to a Truemove shop and they "reset" something but as soon as the new month started off it would come again

My Sim needed credit added so I could advance the validity. as only had a week left.....from experience you got to have your wits about you lol

Transferred 25 Baht from SCB to the Sim and immediately started dialling the short code to advance it 6 months

12 Baht to advance......Did it and fortunately it successfully worked as always

Within a minute credit was down to 3 baht left so 10 had disappeared

2 minutes later all gone

Short of binning the Sim (could do) next time in Thailand surely there must be a way of stopping this. Claims of I've clicked on links are spurious. Clearly Truemove are aware of the issues

The one time you need that phone to work is in emergency hospital situation and the three hospital numbers I've got saved wont connect from lack of credit !

6 minutes ago, Chivas said:

I know this has come up before

Twice in the past I went in to a Truemove shop and they "reset" something but as soon as the new month started off it would come again

My Sim needed credit added so I could advance the validity. as only had a week left.....from experience you got to have your wits about you lol

Transferred 25 Baht from SCB to the Sim and immediately started dialling the short code to advance it 6 months

12 Baht to advance......Did it and fortunately it successfully worked as always

Within a minute credit was down to 3 baht left so 10 had disappeared

2 minutes later all gone

Short of binning the Sim (could do) next time in Thailand surely there must be a way of stopping this. Claims of I've clicked on links are spurious. Clearly Truemove are aware of the issues

The one time you need that phone to work is in emergency hospital situation and the three hospital numbers I've got saved wont connect from lack of credit !

Easy. Change to another service provider.

I binned Truemove after my internet was down for a week, and I kept getting told at their shop the boss was in Bangkok, and he was the only one who could fix it.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Easy. Change to another service provider.

I binned Truemove after my internet was down for a week, and I kept getting told at their shop the boss was in Bangkok, and he was the only one who could fix it.

I've never had the slightest issue with Truemove internet per se and have a cracking short code (on a month by month basis) but credit disappearing is straight forward theft

Edited by Chivas

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

I had exactly this issue a few months back.  I initiated a support chat through the app and they said there was something I had subscribed to that was eating credit.  They told me I must have clicked on something which of course I hadn't (apparently "foreigners" do this a lot).  Anyway, whatever it was they unsubscribed me from it and the problem has not recurred so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKKKevin said:

If one does not have a data plan and does not have data usage turned off your phone will use data until you phone balance is exhausted... :coffee1:

Sim data is turned off. It doesnt get turned on until the motor pulls up to the airbridge

The credit disappears just as quickly within Thailand when wifi is connected

Enjoy your coffee