China Denies Upstream Water Release Amid Thai Floods

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Did you miss this post below, or just ignore it :coffee1:

I've been here long enough to remember both cities, Nong Khai and Nakhon Phanom both being flooded.  

I missed it but it's still the same situation and you could probably take the same photo again with the same scene. FFS mate why would the Thai Government spend billions building flood mitigation projects all along the entire length of the Mekong. That's the root of our discussion so, please, leave me alone now, I'm tired from dancing in the rain as we finally got a little bit of rain in Surin Province today.

• Sad 1

On 8/29/2024 at 11:03 AM, Theforgotten1 said:

Asians , denial ,denial,denial , 

Hey, its the Peoples Republic of China and they always, always tell the true. They never deflect accusations of only doing things to their own advantage, to the detriment and suffering of other.

So you have to believe them 🤣😅😂

Edited by Ricardo99
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/29/2024 at 4:16 PM, animatic said:

Ah yes, Auntie Yingluck’s Rice Pledging floods from trying to save the rice crop to pay off the rice millers mafia for handing her the election.

When extra rain kicked in they almost caused multiple dam over flows and catastrophes by not letting out more water sooner during harvest. More floods and bigger and 2-3m in Bangkok. Sounds like round two.

Do you mean that now, at this time, flooding might be worse than the last extremely severe flooding, which occurred just over a decade ago?

If so....  My heart goes out to the farmers, and to the many people so very affected....

It really isn't China's fault. Every year the Monsoon season brings heavy rains and resultant flooding. Do you really expect China to build a reservoir to hold all of the rain that falls? It is physically impossible. It is up to Thailand to build the flood mitigation system  required. Thailand  goes through droughts too because there is insufficient water. Maybe, if they put some of the monsoon water into additional reservoirs they could deal with both flooding and drought.

I don't know enough about the situation to know how much responsibility the Chinese have in this, but I do know enough to know that the Chinese government, like most governments lies through their teeth, and in the case of the CCP even more than usual, since they are morally bankrupt beyond the reaches of most people's imagination. 

Having said that, there is no doubt that Thailand could be doing multiple projects to lessen the impact of seasonal flooding. The problem with that, is that it's a solution that would require a little bit of vision. 

Thaksin, Schmaksin. Who cares anymore? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2024 at 10:16 AM, Patong2021 said:

It really isn't China's fault. Every year the Monsoon season brings heavy rains and resultant flooding. Do you really expect China to build a reservoir to hold all of the rain that falls? It is physically impossible. It is up to Thailand to build the flood mitigation system  required. Thailand  goes through droughts too because there is insufficient water. Maybe, if they put some of the monsoon water into additional reservoirs they could deal with both flooding and drought.

Somehow those problems didn't happen before China build all those dams on the upstream Maekong.

Edited by SpaceKadet
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/30/2024 at 5:31 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Do you mean that now, at this time, flooding might be worse than the last extremely severe flooding, which occurred just over a decade ago?

If so....  My heart goes out to the farmers, and to the many people so very affected....

Well there are many parallels. Huge biblical flood just as yet another Shinawatra woman takes the reins without the training g to do the job. Abhisit  says she may finish the term, but only because all other parties are totally deranged. And most competent and organized party was dissolved. As usual into the abyss.

• Agree 1