Kamala Harris Outlines Vision for Presidency in Exclusive CNN Interview

Social Media

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Trump is a heavyweight? You ever hear him talk about actual solutions in an intelligent way. I mean talking actual policy and giving a fulsome account of how it would work and why it would work.

I think an appeal of Kamala is not that she's absolutely the best, smartest, candidate but that she'll be willing to work as part of a team - be willing to listen to people with expertise and experience in that particular area rather than simply find the most loyal or those that tell her she's the bestest president in the world for all time. 

Trump made money and built businesses and brands and ran businesses. Yes, Daddy got him started.

Kamala has made nothing other than a government salary while pandering to far left loons. Yes, Willie Brown got her started

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Your take on the strength of the Russian economy is poor. Inflation is high and high interest rates impacts greatly on low income Russians, many of whom are borrowing to cover declining real incomes. 

“The Kremlin, as a result, is in a three way bind of its own making, The government can’t cut spending as long as the war continues. The war, however, saps the labour force, fuelling inflation and diminishing both welfare and public sentiment. And high interest rates, necessitated by all the inflation, stifle investment and productivity and further distort the economy”.

”… with every tick of the clock, Russia’s wartime economy becomes more susceptible to external (or internal, for that matter) shocks”. 

source: CEPA - Russia’s Economy: Closer to the Edge Than it Looks. 14 May 2024.

It’s not that unusual to see what on the surface looks like a booming economy, very quickly go from boom to bust. 

As I said, unsustainable. 

CEPA is a Washington think tank funded by Lockheed Martin and others. Their aim is to spread NATO propaganda. I wouldn't take my economic data from there.

Indeed, inflation is an issue there. Not here then?

32 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Lol,  your "approval rating". Do you have any idea who is giving you this "approval"? Or why you are seeking this approval?

The truth is not paint by numbers, Laces.

I don't even know there is such a thing as an "approval rating" or what mine is, I simply don't care. All I care about is the truth.  

You keep trying to squeeze in another entry. I don't seek approval, it just happens.

Your approval rating is just barely ahead of your posting numbers.

I don't think there are too many posters who believe you care about the truth, tovarisch.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

You keep trying to squeeze in another entry. I don't seek approval, it just happens.

Your approval rating is just barely ahead of your posting numbers.

I don't think there are too many posters who believe you care about the truth, tovarisch.

Again, caring about what others think, Laces. 

It's so....shallow. 

I'm sure if I posted inane banalities the approval rating would shoot through the roof. But what would be the point? Much better to just post the truth.

36 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

This is not the source as it is from February, so it confirms you got it from the Russian embassy tweet.

Anyway, the linked article confirms what other posters wrote: that is is due to military expenses (one third of budget), which has a negative impact on the "civil" economy and on consumers.

10 minutes ago, candide said:

This is not the source as it is from February, so it confirms you got it from the Russian embassy tweet.

Anyway, the linked article confirms what other posters wrote: that is is due to military expenses (one third of budget), which has a negative impact on the "civil" economy and on consumers.

This is the ultimate source. I did not get the graph from a tweet from the Russian embassy but from a reddit post. The linked article is where they took the graph from quite clearly.

Obviously it's not due to military spending if that is only a third, there's two thirds unrelated to military spending. The Economist article is much better and looks at the real economic financials. This FT article is far more polemic and political in tone.

Sorry.

I will never be comfortable with Camilla....

image.png.9deac0d93364bf74cf1120dd95e9c992.png

The American presidency is NOT.....

A Talk Show....

Let the VP appear on Oprah....

Better....

Rather than to be a contestant in the Great Game of our World....

As Prez of the USA....

image.png.63ac7647f527b5d283b4da88657808e1.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Game

Might as well vote for Oprah, over Camilla, or Kamela, or Pamela  ....

FOR SURE!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

10 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

This is the ultimate source. I did not get the graph from a tweet from the Russian embassy but from a reddit post. The linked article is where they took the graph from quite clearly.

Obviously it's not due to military spending if that is only a third, there's two thirds unrelated to military spending. The Economist article is much better and looks at the real economic financials. This FT article is far more polemic and political in tone.

No. It's not the same graph (look well) and it couldn't be as the posted graph is about a recent update and the article is from February.

Anyway it doesn't really matter.

About " war economy", I don't know if there is a standard % to declare whether it is a war economy or not,  but It's obviously a boost for GDP growth.

From the linked article:

"The Russian finance ministry estimates that war-related fiscal stimulus in 2022-23 was equivalent to around 10 per cent of GDP. In that same period, war-related industrial output has risen 35 per cent while civilian production has remained flat, according to research published by the Bank of Finland Institute for Emerging Economies"

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Like the borders bill that Trump blocked?

I'm beginning to see how it works now.

You've been told this countless times, but the border bill was designed to process the illegals into the county faster. 

You know this, but like most all leftists you support mass migrations. Harris certainly does. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

About " war economy", I don't know if there is a standard % to declare whether it is a war economy or not,  but It's obviously a boost for GDP growth.

A "war economy" is where almost the entire economy is dedicated to military production, as for instance with Nazi Germany in 1944. This is clearly not the case in Russia, and it's really not a war economy at all. It's predominantly a civilian economy,

Can somebody tell us just what her vision is? seems to be pretty blurry based on nothing but feelings, she could not even answer what she would do on day one and had to be asked again. The un edited footage must be comedy gold. They will not let her debate Trump, no way.

3 hours ago, proton said:

Can somebody tell us just what her vision is? seems to be pretty blurry based on nothing but feelings, she could not even answer what she would do on day one and had to be asked again. The un edited footage must be comedy gold. They will not let her debate Trump, no way.

She has no "vision", all she has is to say whatever she thinks will get her elected.

Basically her "vision" is to bribe the electorate with tax cuts and handouts. She wants to increase child tax credit and promises tax cuts. Though not for corporates who'll be taxed higher. She shamelessly copied Trump's idea to remove tax on tips.

Bizarrely she wants to fix prices for groceries, which economists are laughing about.

Though paying lip service to environmental causes she made clear she will not ban fracking. Which is the height of hypocrisy and disingenous double talk.

On immigration she tries to paint herself as a tough Wyatt Earp, but without specifying a single policy.

Her only "vision" is really on abortion, where she has promised she will sign a bill enabling abortion into law, which would be a return to Roe vs Wade effectively.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2024/08/30/what-we-know-about-kamala-harris-policy-agenda-after-cnn-interview/

Edited by Cameroni
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Cameroni said:

A "war economy" is where almost the entire economy is dedicated to military production, as for instance with Nazi Germany in 1944. This is clearly not the case in Russia, and it's really not a war economy at all. It's predominantly a civilian economy,

It does not really matter how one may call it, war economy or not.

According to sources in the article you linked (incl. Russian source), Russia's growth has been fuelled by military expenses.

Too bad you truncated my post and leave out the most relevant part:

"The Russian finance ministry estimates that war-related fiscal stimulus in 2022-23 was equivalent to around 10 per cent of GDP. In that same period, war-related industrial output has risen 35 per cent while civilian production has remained flat, according to research published by the Bank of Finland Institute for Emerging Economies"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, candide said:

It does not really matter how one may call it, war economy or not.

According to sources in the article you linked (incl. Russian source), Russia's growth has been fuelled by military expenses.

Too bad you truncated my post and leave out the most relevant part:

No, again the question is what is the main source of Russia's booming economy, which is clearly not military related.

Currently, in the midst of the Ukraine conflict, Russian GDP spending on defence is 5.9 percent. Saudi Arabia's is 7.1 percent, Algeria's is 8.3 percent . Nobody in their right mind would suggest Algeria or Saudi Arabia are "war economies" or that their economies' main motor is military production.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_highest_military_expenditures

16 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Strokes of the pen with Democrats are only for violating laws, not enforcing them.

The border can be closed in an hour.

So why didn't Trump do that?  What was stopping him?

Tim, looking like he was acting as security for Kamala gave the weirdest answers. When asked why he had lied about his military record first he said he was against school kids being shot with weapons of war, and then blamed his bad grammar for claiming to have been deployed in a war zone. God help the USA if these two lying clowns get elected.

• Thanks 1

When not flip-flopping her policy narratives on fracking, green new deal, she is busy copying Trump policies on border security, and Trumps proposed untaxing tip wages. She should probably just shut her big mouth and endorse Trump at this point instead of copying Trump polices. It's not a good look for an already failed and embarrassing political campaign, she should get out, she's in way over her head. She's acting like the past 4 years of her destructive and failed admin were somehow the fault of Trump. This women is mega delusional. A few months ago she was considered a joke by the media and now she's gaslighting and hiding behind the MSM. Extraordinary someone this daft can be elevated and installed as the nominee despite NEVER getting a single vote in a primary. Hows that for democracy for America and the 14M who voted for Biden. LOL, Pathetic, hypocrites.

KamalacopiesTrumpPolicies_FOXNews.thumb.jpg.c6bf0a0d22db177d884bd602bb4204fb.jpg

Kamala copies Trump policies.

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

So why didn't Trump do that?  What was stopping him?

Trump did close the border to illegal aliens. 

To get the flood of illegals flowing again, Biden-Harris: 

• Suspended the remain in Mexico policy
  • Stopped construction of the border wall, and sold the remaining components
  • Lifted the title-two restrictions that turned back unaccompanied minors
  • Canceled the expedited removal program
  • Reversed refugee bans from key regions
  • Enabled flights from those regions to begin   

You've been told this any number of times, yet you keep pretending you have not.

You support mass migration, yes?  

8 minutes ago, candide said:

I have no doubt that Trump claimed that! 🤣

Up until Biden canceled the remain in Mexico policy and lifted the title 2 restrictions that turned back unaccompanied minors, the Mexican government was taking care of millions of illegals that Biden's policy changes allowed into the United States. 

If you support mass illegal immigration and think it's great for the country, that's fine. I disagree, but I understand the position. Just be honest about it. 🤣🤣

19 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Up until Biden canceled the remain in Mexico policy and lifted the title 2 restrictions that turned back unaccompanied minors, the Mexican government was taking care of millions of illegals that Biden's policy changes allowed into the United States. 

If you support mass illegal immigration and think it's great for the country, that's fine. I disagree, but I understand the position. Just be honest about it. 🤣🤣

So Mexico didn't pay for the wall. Thanks for confirming it! 😀

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Mexico did pay for it, Biden gave them there money back 😀😀😀

Sorry, I don't see any part of your previous post explaining how Mexico paid for the wall! 🤣