How risky is this plan?

I am in Thailand currently but something has come up and I'm going to have to go to the states for about a month. I would ideally like to come straight back but I'm worried about problems at the airport.

My visa history is that I have been spending about 5 months a year in Thailand for the last 5 years or so, always on tourist visas or visa exempt.

This year I was in the country Jan to Feb visa exempt then arrived back in Jul on a tourist visa which I haven't extended.

If I leave just before the initial 60 days of the tourist visa are up, then return visa exempt a month later:

- on departure from the US, am I likely to have a problem with the airline, and does it make a difference whether it's the return leg of a round trip ticket or a single ticket?

- on arrival in Thailand, am I likely to have a problem with immigration?

I could go somewhere else instead, but I feel like my Thailand trip is only half finished so I don't want to do that unless there's a serious risk of being denied boarding / entry. Usually I leave it a lot longer before returning.

8 minutes ago, DD25 said:

on departure from the US, am I likely to have a problem with the airline, and does it make a difference whether it's the return leg of a round trip ticket or a single ticket?

- on arrival in Thailand, am I likely to have a problem with immigration?

Any onward ticket within the 60 days is fine. Return ticket not required.

Check out "onwardticket.com" as an option or  buy cheapest throw away flight. 

You should not have a problem with immigration upon arrival. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Any onward ticket within the 60 days is fine. Return ticket not required.

Check out "onwardticket.com" as an option or  buy cheapest throw away flight. 

You should not have a problem with immigration upon arrival. 

I once got a return ticket from Singapore to Dublin, and when boarding for the return flight (in Dublin, obviously) I was asked if I had residency in Singapore and had to wait while they discussed the situation. They let me on in the end but since then I have been wary about booking a return flight to a country where you are not resident.