Fraud Scandal Rocks Phuket Condo Project: Aussies Demand Justice

snoop1130

good luck with that one fellas .....    I think you have two chances of getting any financial claim back ...

buckleys & none ....        TIT,  it's not the west .. their justice system is far from credible. 

who in their right mind would buy an expensive seaside condo here without seeing it and without paying a lawyer to do a complete and thorough check.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

it's a developer that went bust,  which happens in Australia, UK and everywhere.

But, unlike Australia, UK and everywhere, Phuket is absolutely littered with abandoned developments, many of them huge! I would imagine that there is a similar back story to most of them.

When I first started coming to Phuket, the only one I noticed was at the south end of Nai Yang beach - now they are everywhere with more to follow I would guess.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The logical progression after buying

imaginary property 

with real money

(should have made a quick sketch and told sellers 'there's an artists impression of what the money will look like')

Edited by Regyai

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The CIB emphasised the importance of complying with consumer protection laws, stressing that developers must be held accountable for their failures.

Arrest the Kata Beach Company CEO... easy solution.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Celsius said:

Oh look at the picture looks like Dubai suay na krap

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

File photo

Prabably totally unrelated to the report.

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

good luck with that one fellas .....    I think you have two chances of getting any financial claim back ...

buckleys & none ....        TIT,  it's not the west .. their justice system is far from credible. 

who in their right mind would buy an expensive seaside condo here without seeing it and without paying a lawyer to do a complete and thorough check.  

Winning such cases in court are difficult pretty much anywhere in many countries. It takes time. But foreigners can actually win cases here and surprisingly fast at times (and not that rarely). Working in Thailand   (legally, yes.. 🙂 )i sued clients three times (same reason : non-payment of fees overdue), all were  well-established and one could say "powerfull" Thai companies  who thought that as a foreigner, even with a small (boutique) thai registered company they could pretty much do whatever the heck they wanted and get away with it. Well, they were all proven wrong and lost the cases, fairly rapidly (in less than a year), and had to pay pertaining penalties etc...The thai justice system is certainly not optimal in many instances, but  it more often than not, it works. Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, rumeaug said:

Winning such cases in court are difficult pretty much anywhere in many countries. It takes time. But foreigners can actually win cases here and surprisingly fast at times (and not that rarely). Working in Thailand   (legally, yes.. 🙂 )i sued clients three times (same reason : non-payment of fees overdue), all were  well-established and one could say "powerfull" Thai companies  who thought that as a foreigner, even with a small (boutique) thai registered company they could pretty much do whatever the heck they wanted and get away with it. Well, they were all proven wrong and lost the cases, fairly rapidly (in less than a year), and had to pay pertaining penalties etc...The thai justice system is certainly not optimal in many instances, but  it more often than not, it works. Cheers

well your result certainly sounds fine but it is rare. I know several farang who went to court for similar circumstances and in the end they got nothing, ... oh' two won the case and the director of the company was ordered to pay ... but never did and left Thailand, the other didn't pay up as ordered also.

And in a case I was involved in, the same thing, got zero,  and the cops don't go and look for the guy, and who's going to keep paying fee's, lawyers, hotels etc .. thousands of baht when the result will be nothing back.  Get what I mean .....  So please don't try and tell me the Thai justice system is anywhere near credible,  it's crooked as a dog's hind leg.  

• Like 1