Obtain a criminal record check in Thailand

LOG54

Obtain a criminal record in Thailand

No thanks, I'm a law abiding bloke, although those gold shops near malls front doors, with no security screens do look tempting at times, just 10 meters and out the door.

28 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

No thanks, I'm a law abiding bloke, although those gold shops near malls front doors, with no security screens do look tempting at times, just 10 meters and out the door.

Its the presence of the sleeping police man in most of them that puts me off 

I went to the main police HQ in Central Bangkok - diagonally opposite Siam Paragon.  They take your fingerprints using some black goo that looks like old steam engine grease, take copy of passport, then after a week or so send the clearance cert by post.

Thank you...I have seen a form to fill.. and also they ask for a snap apparently.. Also I would bring a stamped letter and make passport copies..

Is there a validity date (read somewhere it is either 8 or 12 months)

As you are in Bangkok, I imagine you don't know if possible to get it in other provinces but already very helpful to hear the process is quite easy 

Thanks a lot

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

If you watch the news often gold shop thieves are either caught the same day, next day, or the day after at the latest.

59 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

If you watch the news often gold shop thieves are either caught the same day, next day, or the day after

You know this is because all Thais love to grass on their neighbors 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, renaissanc said:

If you watch the news often gold shop thieves are either caught the same day, next day, or the day after at the latest.

The last I read, One just repeated exactly the same robbery, as he got away with it the first time, same gold shop, same mo.