Some of the biggest right-wing social media stars became unwitting mouthpieces of Russia

Inderpland

8 hours ago, maesariang said:

They want Harris, she is predictable.

Well, its true that Trump is chaotic. But he is also very impressionable, which in part explains why he is chaotic.

For instance, he might be dead set against military aid to Ukraine, and he might have rational reasons for that.

But then Putin goes and says something mean about him, and  Trump is ordering 1000 F35s.....

Trump entered office in 2017 as an Afghanistan sceptic. In his first speech as Commander in Chief, he ordered an increase in troop numbers. He said America was no longer concerned about nation building only "killing terrorists". Presumably some Generals sat down with him, and gave him some home truths, that caused an about face. 3 years later, he's going to the Taliban and offering then 5000 terrorists if they will leave American soldiers alone. He's at pains to highlight during these meetings, the Taliban kept calling him "Your Excellency".

Margaret Thatcher was famous for a lot of speeches and policies. She was laser sharp in her policy objectives, unwavering. Some might say that made her predictable. Maybe thats what charmed Gorbachov. I can imagine Lavrov, who is somehow still around, yearning for some predictability.

https://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/110711

Russia isn't really all that interested who wins elections in the West. They are more interested in sewing crisis and loss of confidence in Western political systems, in order to sew division among allies, slow Western decision making, make Western-style systems appear less attractive, which in turn creates power vacuums that Moscow can exploit. The USSR offfered a competing ideology, which promised easy wins for the poor, and so was superficially attractive to developing, but resource rich, nations. In 2024, Moscow has no ideology, but like many former empires, believes it should still have a role on the world stage.

Britain went through this. Though with Britain, loss of empire result in 60 years of navel gazing and inward facing despair. We still cling to ideals tha the British Empire must have done some good, but we are acknowledging the great cost that came at to others. The Russian Leader, on the other hand, called the collapse of the Soviet Union

"the greatest geopolitical catastrophe of the (20th) century....As for the Russian people, it became a genuine tragedy".

A spectacular lack of insight, but to understood given his role in the KGB.

Straight away, he played Russia the Victim. Rather than speculating that the presence of Russian minorities in the newly independant states might be a fantastic opportunity for dynamic mercantilism, in the same way the the British diaspora conducted themselves, he immediately identified them as victims, under threat, though a largely imagined threat. He he thought they were under threat, then it must because he secretly knew how Russia treated minorities, treating them as subhuman. Even Russia's relationship with Ukraine; the Russians call them "Little Russians", not out of some fraternal love, but because the Ukrainians are something less than a full blown Russian.

When Putin "endorses" Harris, he is trolling the US. He also has no idea  what motivates people in a free and fair election, because the concept is alien to him. He's used to Russian  people expressing their love for him, through really quite superficial reasons. He thinks Americans make their choice at the ballet box based on a person's laugh, a haircut, size of hands

Maybe he thinks if he picks Harris, that will scare people to vote Trump, which is a nonsense (I hope). He literally doesn't understand electioneering.  He doesn't understand, for instance, understand how Vance can lambast Walz (and vice versa), but following a recent car accident, wishes Walz well. Putin likely looks at that as weakness (so probably does Trump, but thats because of Trump's character traits, not because of the broad society in which he was brought up)

Edited by MicroB
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Lol, you really have no idea how social media works.

seeing how people fight each other over politics here I am glad i dont. would be good if those who do know started ignoring it...

i have no facebook... no twitter and am very happy i dont

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

seeing how people fight each other over politics here I am glad i dont. would be good if those who do know started ignoring it...

i have no facebook... no twitter and am very happy i dont

Though you are using Social  Media, ie at least one discussion forum, maybe more. This is Social Media.

8 minutes ago, MicroB said:

Though you are using Social  Media, ie at least one discussion forum, maybe more. This is Social Media.

ignorance is bliss... 

you should have left me ignorant... now my life is destroyed😜

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, maesariang said:

China and Iran wants Harris too as she is weak.

Keep shooting.... eventually one of your shots will at least leave a hole somewhere in the paper.

• Like 2

If you believe these "right-wing social media stars became unwitting mouthpieces of Russia". you are dumber than dirt or you have your head up your own ...!  They get $10M as a gift, from where else?  Heavenly institutions?

• Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 12:18 PM, johnnybangkok said:

Your hypocrisy and identity politics knows no bounds. 
Whether direct collusion or indirect I think I’d be super concerned I was supporting a candidate that Russia obviously wants to win. 

Seems, then, it's your own hypocrisy and identity politics know no bounds. What happened to your "super concern?"

Ever notice how when you pop one of a liberal's balloons, he ignores that fact that it was popped but just blows up another. Some time later, he'll just repeat the same nonsense as if it wasn't already refuted.

• Confused 1

On 9/8/2024 at 12:37 PM, maesariang said:

They want Harris, she is predictable.

You could be right !

Not so long ago a prominent Russian official (I forget who) remarked "We like Trump.  But he is unpredictable."

Harris is predictable in what she does, if totally contradictory in what she says.

Expect no improvement of her performance as Vice-President.
If elected, she is likely to double-down on failing policies, further eroding the economic strength and moral standing of the U.S.
Which may be kindly regarded by those seeking such a result.

• Confused 1

On 9/8/2024 at 12:10 PM, Yellowtail said:

Russia Russia Russia, just in time for the election...

hunter biden laptop was also called russia influence

to protect biden, because who would voted for him as only years later it showed his son did drugs, whores and CORRUPTION where the whole family benefitted from, using daddy to get overpaid jobs he was not qualified too...

in UKRAINE for one...

• Agree 1

On 9/7/2024 at 10:08 PM, Inderpland said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/09/07/media/tenet-media-russia-rt-tim-pool-dave-rubin-lauren-chen/index.html

Tim Pool, Benny Johnson, Lauren Southern, Tayler Hansen, Matt Christiansen and Dave Rubin. I wonder how many of our resident MAGA faithfuls are listening to these guys and getting their "information" from them.

Those are just a few of them.  There are reportedly 2800 influencers involved.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 10:23 PM, BigStar said:

Then you're super concerned about yourself. Whaddya gon' do about it? Guess you'll have to support Trump.🤣

Driving the news: Speaking at the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok, Russia, Putin reiterated his previous remarks that President Biden had been Russia's preferred candidate in the race.

Since Biden recommended his supporters back Harris, Russia would do the same, Putin said, Russian state news agency TASS reported.

"Ultimately, the choice is up to the American people, and we will respect that choice," he added.

A Kremlin spokesperson had said in an interview that aired last weekend that Russia preferred Harris over Trump because she was a more predictable opponent, Reuters reported.

--Putin says he wants Harris to win 2024 election

Blows your whole narrative. I love this forum.

I'm sorry you had to spent so much of your valuable time writing this drivel, but I've already addressed it in a previous post.
Try and pay attention. 

• Love It 1

20 hours ago, BigStar said:

Seems, then, it's your own hypocrisy and identity politics know no bounds. What happened to your "super concern?"

Ever notice how when you pop one of a liberal's balloons, he ignores that fact that it was popped but just blows up another. Some time later, he'll just repeat the same nonsense as if it wasn't already refuted.

The topic here is Russia has paid $10 million to a right wing propaganda station to help Trump. Verified by the Justice Department.
Find me the same that shows Russia has done the same to aid either Biden or Harris (from a reputable source) and I'll agree with you.

In the meantime, I won't hold my breath.  

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

The topic here is Russia has paid $10 million to a right wing propaganda station to help Trump. Verified by the Justice Department.
Find me the same that shows Russia has done the same to aid either Biden or Harris (from a reputable source) and I'll agree with you.

In the meantime, I won't hold my breath.  

Russia is doing better than the US with less debt. US is amongst the top 10 worst debt nations and all I see is nonsense talk. Trump winning and getting Elon to advise on debt reduction is a good thing. The best way forward.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Russia is doing better than the US with less debt. US is amongst the top 10 worst debt nations and all I see is nonsense talk. Trump winning and getting Elon to advise on debt reduction is a good thing. The best way forward.

Why am I not suprised you are extolling the virtues of Russia comrade?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/8/2024 at 9:02 PM, still kicking said:
On 9/8/2024 at 12:41 PM, maesariang said:

China and Iran wants Harris too as she is weak.

Go elsewhere with your dribble 

13 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Such a sad response. 

No its not sad at all, its just what you do. Throw crap up and hope it sticks. Well you have been warned to back up your statement. Where in print do China and Iran say they prefer Harris as president? If you cant produce the quote you are once again simply making stuff up.