About the high class hotels

georgegeorgia

I have never stayed in a high class hotel in Pattaya before 

Probably because I'm not rich I'm very poor old man forced to work like a slave mopping hospital floors for the last 30 years 

So I'm back on long service leave next month 

Now please guys tell me about high class hotels in Pattaya 

I would like to go to one for 2 nights to experience the difference ,I'm thinking I have not much time left with all my sicknesses that the doctor lies that I don't have , once I get worse I will go back to them they were wrong ,but that's another story 

Hilton ? Would that be the best ?

I would like someone to tuck me into bed yes I said tuck ,,is that what you call  a turn down service?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, saakura said:

Try Centara Grand, I had a very good experience several times. Happy holiday. Dusit Thani and Move & Pick are also very nice.

Yes I would like to be called Sir and have my bags carried up to my room

Somewhere where there is room service and gym perhaps 

I have stayed in high class hotels, when I was traveling on the company dime. I would not spend my own money on them, I'd regard it as wasted.

All the OP has to do is look online for something with 5 stars.

What one gets is a full minibar with exorbitant prices, restaurant room service, plush towels and expensive furniture.

Read the Google reviews carefully. I once stayed at a Sheraton in New York that was a sh!thole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have stayed in high class hotels, when I was traveling on the company dime. I would not spend my own money on them, I'd regard it as wasted.

All the OP has to do is look online for something with 5 stars.

What one gets is a full minibar with exorbitant prices, restaurant room service, plush towels and expensive furniture.

Read the Google reviews carefully. I once stayed at a Sheraton in New York that was a sh!thole.

I will probably steal the towels 

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Centara Grand Mirage is also excellent although perhaps better if you have kids. Lots of pools, gym, good food, good breakfast, and excellent service. Got a bit expensive the last few years though.

I don't want to stay where there is screaming kids although the screaming geriatrics at View talay 2B were just as bad on my last trip 

The worse stay was that Arcadia condo when a big Scottish lady asked all the male swimmers to leave the pool as her kids were swimming 

Anyway please don't get me off topic 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

From time to time Accor memberships are on good specials, if you get one with free nights it could be very good value for money to experience 5 star hotels. In the past I stayed in Sofitel Sukhumvit for around 4500 p/n, the rooms were going on Agoda 8-9k p/n. Wouldn't normally stay in such places, but was with my 5 star demanding gf...

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/860308

• Thanks 1

Yes I love that ozbargain forum , unfortunately I'm banned from posting though , but $372 a year membership to Accor is a bit steep 

I have a Qantas premium credit card I will look on their website 

I won't be paying big money to stay in a hotel though unless I'm treated like royalty 

1 hour ago, saakura said:

Try Centara Grand, I had a very good experience several times. Happy holiday. Dusit Thani and Move & Pick are also very nice.

Be aware, though, that Centara Grand is currently undergoing an extensive renovation.  It's still open but some of the attractions are closed during the renovation work and some of the property has been walled off to screen the work being done.  I do know the gym is still open.

Edited by newnative
added info

8 hours ago, saakura said:

I was going to suggest the Dusit.... I often booked there for the Fireworks and thought it excellent. 

• Thumbs Up 1

These hotels are only worth it if you have a membership status with them. I had a highest tier status with 3 chains, Marriot, Hilton and IHG. Since COVID I lost them all and there is no way in hell I would pay a full price for zero benefits. The worst part is that after a few days when you finally  get used to comfort and mattress you have to check out.

If you are going to croak soon, just rent yourself a nice condo. After years of hotel hopping I realized what I needed the most - bathtub and a big balcony, so I rented a condo with both.

My condo is still one of those chicken farm condos, but I chose the unique unit with a good layout.

Edited by Celsius
  • Like 1

Which part of high-class hotels do you like or what is important for you?

Personally, I love great breakfast buffets. And those don't exist in many hotels.

For the room, it shouldn't be bad, but I don't need all marble and all that.

So, for me a good hotel is a good hotel which is near to a great hotel with a great breakfast buffet.

image.thumb.jpeg.dff145a61e9da13a23d0506a56e1b12c.jpeg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

So I'm back on long service leave next month 

Now please guys tell me about high class hotels in Pattaya 

Why are you going  back to Pattaya , you hated it there last time you went and spent the whole holiday moaning and complaining 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Why are you going  back to Pattaya , you hated it there last time you went and spent the whole holiday moaning and complaining 

Your right but this time I'm going to NOT stay in the one place 

That 2b view talay was depressing

This time I will go to Bangkok a few days ,maybe Isaan ?

I probably will stay at your house a few nights if I can 

I can mop the floors 

Edited by georgegeorgia