calling the uk international pension centre.

11 hours ago, CFCjeff said:

Hi, 

Ive seen a lot of posts saying how difficult it can be to get through to the UK call centre. but fortunately  that was not the case for me.

Calling from Thailand i used True move , put their 006 code in front of the number  pressed option 1 to claim, and within 5 seconds i was talking to a very polite bloke.

Few security questions, past addresses,  employment etc  and then on to the claim.  15 mins later all done.  Phone call cost  2 quid.

Ihad all the forms ready to post so glad i gave the phone a try.

Hope its as easy for you when you put in a claim.

Very helpful information thank you. Alternatively, a Skype monthly subscription for unlimited landline calls to UK costs 1.70 GBP. Free trial for one month. The downside is that you don't have a number therefore they can't call you back. 

11 hours ago, CFCjeff said:

Hi, 

Ive seen a lot of posts saying how difficult it can be to get through to the UK call centre. but fortunately  that was not the case for me.

Calling from Thailand i used True move , put their 006 code in front of the number  pressed option 1 to claim, and within 5 seconds i was talking to a very polite bloke.

Few security questions, past addresses,  employment etc  and then on to the claim.  15 mins later all done.  Phone call cost  2 quid.

Ihad all the forms ready to post so glad i gave the phone a try.

Hope its as easy for you when you put in a claim.

The 006 prefix for True is this for the cheap rate calls to mobile and landlines in the UK?

1 hour ago, scotty1286 said:

Thanks, I have sent them a message, they said up to 10 days for a reply, fingers crossed.

Hope that you get things sorted out. 

If you have not already done so, can I suggest that you download the HMRC app. It's available on Google Play (and presumably from the Apple store?). Once the app is up and running, details about your tax payments, pension contributions, etc can be viewed there.

For information, once DWP/ HMRC have confirmed the reference you need to use in order to make voluntary contributions, you can use the same reference in the future. No need to contact them every time.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2024 at 7:35 PM, CFCjeff said:

and within 5 seconds

Was this the Future Pension Centre - the number for calling from abroad?

If so you were very fortunate as I had to wait 25 minutes to get through but possibly I chose different options.

6 hours ago, RayC said:

I sent them a query on 6th August........still not seen a reply :annoyed:

18 hours ago, scotty1286 said:

I've been trying for months to get through to HMRC regarding backdating my NI contributions, I keep giving up after about 50 minutes waiting.

Maybe claims is a different department ?

HMRC have a webchat service which is very good. I have used it a couple of times to get my tax codes corrected in real-time while I am chatting to them. 

Use the link below during UK working hours. Initially, you will be connected to a digital assistant. Ask if you can speak to a human. There may be a wait, but at least it's free and you won't be cut off whilst waiting. You can also save the chat as your record of the "conversation".

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/ask-hmrc/chat/online-services-helpdesk

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

HMRC have a webchat service which is very good. I have used it a couple of times to get my tax codes corrected in real-time while I am chatting to them. 

Use the link below during UK working hours. Initially, you will be connected to a digital assistant. Ask if you can speak to a human. There may be a wait, but at least it's free and you won't be cut off whilst waiting. You can also save the chat as your record of the "conversation".

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/ask-hmrc/chat/online-services-helpdesk

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Do you know if this link is for tax and NI or only tax related issues ?

2 hours ago, scotty1286 said:

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Do you know if this link is for tax and NI or only tax related issues ?

I just asked the bot, it replied;

You have a National Insurance (NI) number so we can record your contributions in your name. It’s made up of letters and numbers and never changes.

What can we help you with?