Pattaya: Search For Culprit Who Muzzled 10 Dogs With Tape

Georgealbert

47 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Apparently the dog sanctuary is a very cruel place, something has to be done but in all the time I've been in _Thailand nothing is done 

I understand ....    well,  they have a serious dog problem in Thailand and they just don't seem to want to address it.   They are so illogical in their thinking it bamboozles me most times    !  :shock1:

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Although it´s cruel, I can understand why as they might be barking all night. In an organized world, there would be no dogs running around barking, biting and chasing people in the cities.

Why is it cruel? As long as the dog is able to drink water and breathe properly.. Tape was a cheap choice. It is no more cruel  than any other muzzle you buy online to prevent dangerous animals biting or attacking. 

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 4.31.05 PM.png

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Why is it cruel? As long as the dog is able to drink water and breathe properly.. Tape was a cheap choice. It is no more cruel  than any other muzzle you buy online to prevent dangerous animals biting or attacking. 

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 4.31.05 PM.png

You do see that one gives possibility to open the mouth, right? What do you think tape do?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Although it´s cruel, I can understand why as they might be barking all night. In an organized world, there would be no dogs running around barking, biting and chasing people in the cities.

Then go back to your organized world, nobody stops you, bye bye Grumpy:cheesy:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

depends on how tightly it is taped

a i said...it was a cheap homemade solution.. Personally, I think all the soi dogs need to be put down. They are a menace to society and a danger to everyone. 

Now you got my vote 100%

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

depends on how tightly it is taped

a i said...it was a cheap homemade solution.. Personally, I think all the soi dogs need to be put down. They are a menace to society and a danger to everyone. 

It would give the army something to do for a change, they could also pay anyone a fee for all dead dogs brought in, say 40 baht. They would soon lose their pretended moral opposition to dead doggies then.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

so your illogical thinking says it's fine to have soi dogs everywhere chasing kids and biting kids, biting elderly people walking down the soi,  attacking other people's pets,  crapping everywhere,  spreading diseases  .....      how the hell could you even contemplate that that is ok.    

if you love the mangy mutts so much,  why not take them in then you can look after them all day long ....   oh wait '   no ... I didn't think so .....      your just a talker.  :vampire:

I like dogs,  but not soi dogs, they are pests.  

People like you are the Pest actually:coffee1:

"Local residents speculate that the muzzling was due to the dogs’ loud barking and aggressive behavior toward tourists."

Sounds like some tourists or long term expats have had to take matters into their own hands - Thais would probably have poisoned them!

I have had to complain several times to my landlady about one particular dog that barks and howls for no apparent reason until the early hours (4 a.m. some mornings) She has complained to the owner to no avail so I have to resort to ear plugs, but why should one dog make my life a misery? And apparently reporting such trivial matters to the police is a waste of time  - unless of course a brown envelope changed hands!

5 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Local residents speculate that the muzzling was due to the dogs’ loud barking and aggressive behavior toward tourists."

Sounds like some tourists or long term expats have had to take matters into their own hands - Thais would probably have poisoned them!

I have had to complain several times to my landlady about one particular dog that barks and howls for no apparent reason until the early hours (4 a.m. some mornings) She has complained to the owner to no avail so I have to resort to ear plugs, but why should one dog make my life a misery? And apparently reporting such trivial matters to the police is a waste of time  - unless of course a brown envelope changed hands!

Wrong on both counts. It was a Thai person.

2 minutes ago, sambum said:

I have had to complain several times to my landlady about one particular dog that barks and howls for no apparent reason until the early hours (4 a.m. some mornings) She has complained to the owner to no avail

Unlikely she ever did anything. ( it's the Thai way)

I do sympathize, with you, as I have a pack of dogs fighting and barking all night when I'm at my condo in Jomtien.

Worst still is the falang and Thai couples that come and feed them, every day.

but never take them home.

Total As!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holes.

8 hours ago, NowNow said:

I know someone who walks past them daily, with no issues. Dogs tend to react to certain people; vagrants and perhaps strangers entering the area. Not usually tourists and foreigners.

So the walk has been done and I'm getting back to you. 

People who have a problem with dogs, usually have a problem with themselves...

"..........perhaps strangers entering the area. Not usually tourists and foreigners."

Make your mind up! Tourists and foreigners are strangers to these dogs! 

10 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Find the culprit and tape their mouth over.

See how they feel not being able to have a drink of water all day - outside in the heat.

So you think he couldnt just remove it from his own mouth.

Just now, rocketboy2 said:

Unlikely she ever did anything. ( it's the Thai way)

I do sympathize, with you, as I have a pack of dogs fighting and barking all night when I'm at my condo in Jomtien.

Worst still is the falang and Thai couples that come and feed them, every day.

but never take them home.

Total As!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holes.

Totally agree with you - Wouldn't it be nice to take the dogs in a truck to where these "animal lovers" live, dump them outside their house, and hope that they take up "residency"? 🙂 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to state that after reading some of the comments here, it is clear as to what is the vermin. It's not the dogs. They are Thai born and bred. It's some of the foreigners coming here thinking that they know better than the indigenous peoples. Now where have we seen that before?

Complaining, abusing... insisting that it must be done in the way of their home countries. You can see it in their everyday posts. Always complaining or thinking they know it better than the locals.

Miserable....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Wrong on both counts. It was a Thai person.

And you know this how? Inside knowledge perhaps? Because there is nothing in the post that states that the culprit/owner is Thai. 

6 minutes ago, sambum said:

"..........perhaps strangers entering the area. Not usually tourists and foreigners."

Make your mind up! Tourists and foreigners are strangers to these dogs! 

No, they aren't. They are used to tourists and foreigners. I've actually seen these dogs. Have you? The didn't even move when I went past.

Such ugly attitudes from the foreigners here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I have to state that after reading some of the comments here, it is clear as to what is the vermin. It's not the dogs. They are Thai born and bred. It's some of the foreigners coming here thinking that they know better than the indigenous peoples. Now where have we seen that before?

Complaining, abusing... insisting that it must be done in the way of their home countries. You can see it in their everyday posts. Always complaining or thinking they know it better than the locals.

Miserable....

Please have  one more toke on that bong.

Maybe you can make some more funny posts. :stoner:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sambum said:

And you know this how? Inside knowledge perhaps? Because there is nothing in the post that states that the culprit/owner is Thai. 

Read the Update 😊 You should have done that before spouting off.

7 minutes ago, sambum said:

Totally agree with you - Wouldn't it be nice to take the dogs in a truck to where these "animal lovers" live, dump them outside their house, and hope that they take up "residency"? 🙂 

You sound like such as happy person. A joy to be with.