He is Right...It is scary

mania

On 9/10/2024 at 2:26 PM, DougieMax said:

For people who have 40 minutes to spare, this is an excellent video. Very objective.

It is a pity most here do not have 40 minutes for something this good. The other replies came 6 minutes after posting so you can see their attention span 😉  But yes the video was quite good & informative...better than the debate 555 😅

• Agree 1

Have to admit I stopped at just over 1 min.  As that seemed to focus on WW3, which simply isn't going to happen.  At least to the point I would concern myself.   A conventional war would take years to plan, and a nuke war, well, no sense in worrying about that.  Either won't happen, or the alternative.  Nothing I can do, either way.

Like they stated deep state might not allow Trump to be president, and something about big pharma's control.

But no, not wasting 40 minutes, (that I can't get back) to listen to the same ol', whether I agree or disagree with them.  Been around for shy of 70 years, and got a pretty good idea how the world works.

Why I ignore most things, and just enjoy life.  UP2U

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Have to admit I stopped at just over 1 min.  As that seemed to focus on WW3, which simply isn't going to happen.  At least to the point I would concern myself.   A conventional war would take years to plan, and a nuke war, well, no sense in worrying about that.  Either won't happen, or the alternative.  Nothing I can do, either way.

Like they stated deep state might not allow Trump to be president, and something about big pharma's control.

But no, not wasting 40 minutes, (that I can't get back) to listen to the same ol', whether I agree or disagree with them.  Been around for shy of 70 years, and got a pretty good idea how the world works.

Why I ignore most things, and just enjoy life.  UP2U

I read nothing after your first sentence because it's impossible you could have anything constructive or critical to say about it if you clicked off after only one minute. Why on earth did you waste more than a minute composing a comment?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, DougieMax said:

I read nothing after your first sentence because it's impossible you could have anything constructive or critical to say about it if you clicked off after only one minute. Why on earth did you waste more than a minute composing a comment?

good point, i'm bored, but someone did state, sad people won't waste 40 mins to watch, so guess I was replying to that though.

But yes, waste a minute to type, now 2 mins

image.png.fbc1df16ea8e0574e6071ce2c5bfcd3a.png

Oh well, off the Hua HIn, and I could be half way there by the time that vid was over.  Time management is important for us seasoned folks.:coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA

It has always been my intent to stay in Thailand until I am 67 and get the full UK pension (i've paid my 35 year dues). Then I'll sell my 2 bed Bucks old council house, move up north, and finance a 4 bed large house and garden and take the family home to the UK with the left overs.

I say this as I really feel like I want a nice house to stay in for the rest of my life, just go shopping for food etc and stay in. The wife wants the same and is happy to stay in and just do the garden.

I am totally sick of the world and what's going on, I'm sick of politicians, immigration, terrorism, islam migration, knife crime with no consequences. I do not like the world anymore, its not what I grew up with.

Does it sound boring , yes to some, but I hate the world outside of my 4 walls !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Have to admit I stopped at just over 1 min.  As that seemed to focus on WW3,

Well of course none is forcing anyone to watch & it was just my opinion that is was well worth the watch.

As to your complaint...It was also easy to see the video has 12 chapters in the summary below it with shortcut links to each...But again everyone has their free choice 😉 

Oh well, off the Hua HIn, and I could be half way there by the time that vid was over.  Time management is important for us seasoned folks

PS: about time management yes best used for what you want most & I see you have 19,300 posts in 3 years wow!

Edited by mania

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I do not like the world anymore, its not what I grew up with.

I tend to agree & often feel like it must be a sign of my age (67) but I agree it is not what I grew up with either. Of course there has always been behind the scenes BS. I mean we can look back & see JFK, Cuba, Vietnam etc etc but this world today seems far far worse off 😕

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Is this Weinstein character dyslexic or suffer from some other kind of neurological disability?

Yes I'm sure he is not as sharp as you 😉 

Also from the video description ...

As a Harvard mathematics graduate and financial executive and investor, Eric Weinstein clearly isn’t a man who would allow his mind to dull. He’s worked as an economist, lectured on the nature of the universe

Then there is "The Theory of Geometric Unity" but yeah probably some nut job 😅

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ahh...the history and views of Piers Morgan and U.S. politics involving Donald Trump. Per Wikipedia and others:

--Morgan won the U.S. celebrity version of The Apprentice in 2008, where Trump called him "ruthless, arrogant, evil and obnoxious."

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/gq-entertainment-donald-trump-interview-piers-morgan

--Morgan, who's not eligible to vote in the U.S., said at the time that he wouldn't have voted for Trump in 2016, but still considered him a "good friend."

--"In January 2018, Morgan presented President Trump – The Piers Morgan Interview for ITV,[133][134] which many thought of as "sycophantic" and a "love-in" for Trump.[135] Of respondents to a Radio Times Twitter poll, 88% viewed Morgan as being not "tough enough" on Trump."

--In December 2018, Morgan wrote to Trump asking to be appointed his Chief of Staff in the middle of Trump's term as president.

Screenshot_24.jpg.5b94675ee86a914306fd07ad6a641d0a.jpg

https://fortune.com/2018/12/11/piers-morgan-trump-chief-of-staff/

--"In the aftermath of the January 6 United States Capitol attack, Morgan stated that Trump was "mentally unfit" to remain as president. He claimed that the pandemic and Trump's election loss that followed had "sent him nuts". In response to whether he regretted his support of Trump, Morgan said "No question. I never thought he was capable of this."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piers_Morgan#Donald_Trump

Screenshot_23.jpg.7701942dffbfa196a6506e4f1a10f8a0.jpg

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/piers-morgan-donald-trump-good-morning-britain-b1785297.html

Thus, take his presentations and choices of content on U.S. politics for just what they're worth....

His guest, Eric Weinstein, meanwhile, is a venture capital fund manager and podcast host whose expertise in U.S. politics comes from where exactly and is based on just what?

Morgan calls him "a superstar of the alternative media space," which is kind of a nice term for describing the out there types.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, mania said:

Yes I'm sure he is not as sharp as you 😉 

Also from the video description ...

Then there is "The Theory of Geometric Unity" but yeah probably some nut job 😅

As for his theory of Geometry Unity, which Weinstein characterized as a theory of everything,  it looks like it's the work of a crank. Never published for peer review. So your evaluation of him as a nut job could be spot on. 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/eric-weinstein-says-he-solved-the-universes-mysteries-scientists-disagree/

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, placeholder said:

As for his theory of Geometry Unity, which Weinstein characterized as a theory of everything,  it looks like it's the work of a crank. Never published for peer review. So your evaluation of him as a nut job could be spot on. 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/eric-weinstein-says-he-solved-the-universes-mysteries-scientists-disagree/

Perhaps that's why he decided to move on from science to finance, as his scientific views on the Theory of Everything didn't quite go over so well:

'Physicists expressed skepticism about the theory[9][12] and criticized Weinstein for not submitting his ideas for peer review, which is standard in the scientific community.[4]

But he later tried to redeem himself and his theory by doing what any accomplished scientist would do:

"In April 2021, Weinstein published a paper on Geometric Unity via an independent website and appeared on The Joe Rogan Experience to discuss it. In the paper, Weinstein stated that he was "not a physicist" and that the paper was a "work of entertainment".[4] According to Vice, the paper generated "new interest in Geometric Unity and intense criticism from scientists who remain unconvinced".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Weinstein#Theory_of_everything

Meanwhile, the above April 2021 Vice article gives a taste of his past views on Trump and related topics, based on a Weinstein April 2020 appearance on the Rogan show during Trump's term in office:

”I was somewhat holding this back because I’m afraid of what it unlocks,” Weinstein said, “and now that I know we’re willing to elect Donald Trump, not store masks, play footsie with China, be Putin’s b****, all of this stuff… to Hell with this.”

In the real world, among U.S. presidents, Weinstein's own views aside, just who would likely be at the top of the list as qualifying as Putin's "b*****"?

Trump sides with Putin as Biden tries to stop a war

February 23, 2022

(CNN)  — It took only 24 hours for Donald Trump to hail Russian President Vladimir Putin’s dismembering of independent, democratic, sovereign Ukraine as an act of “genius.”

The former President often accuses his enemies falsely of treason, but his own giddy rush to side with a foreign leader who is proving to be an enemy of the United States and the West is shocking even by Trump’s self-serving standards.

As President Joe Biden reprises the fabled presidential role of leading the free world, the predecessor who wants to succeed him is showing Putin that impunity, dictator-coddling and hero worship will return if he [Trump] wins back the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/23/politics/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-joe-biden/index.html

Maybe if someone wasted their time to watch the entire Morgan-Weinstein video above, I wonder if Morgan deigned to ask Weinstein whom he thought was Putin's latest b**** now?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

Meanwhile, although Morgan still appears to be sucking up to Trump at times, he had some rather interesting comments to say on the Harris-Trump debate that he posted on X (Twitter) about the same time as his Weinstein interview above.

As follows:

Screenshot_25.jpg.c3cabfb74639376430ec46d8bd6efa60.jpg

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1833768716619640835

• Like 1