The Early Release of Thousands of Prisoners in UK Proves to be Very Unpopular

Social Media

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

The biggest recent rise in the prison population happened when it doubled mid nineties to 2012.

Someone should have built prisons during those times.

And the prisons were still over crowded with prisoners having to be released early in Spring 2024.

“By the prison service’s own measure of safe and decent accommodation, there were fewer than 80,000 prison places at the end of May 2024.

But the number of people in prison stood at more than 87,000, and official population projectionsindicate that it will continue to rise – to 96,200 by March 2025 and potentially as high as 114,800 by March 2028.”

https://howardleague.org/why-are-prisons-overcrowded/

Any luck on an explanation of the contradiction you allege I made?

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And the prisons were still over crowded with prisoners having to be released early in Spring 2024.

“By the prison service’s own measure of safe and decent accommodation, there were fewer than 80,000 prison places at the end of May 2024.

But the number of people in prison stood at more than 87,000, and official population projectionsindicate that it will continue to rise – to 96,200 by March 2025 and potentially as high as 114,800 by March 2028.”

https://howardleague.org/why-are-prisons-overcrowded/

Any luck on an explanation of the contradiction you allege I made?

I don't need any luck. It's there for all to see. You read something but only answer when you've ignored the words that go against your narrative.

Just like ignoring the lack of prison building during the Blair and Brown years. 

21 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I don't need any luck. It's there for all to see. You read something but only answer when you've ignored the words that go against your narrative.

Just like ignoring the lack of prison building during the Blair and Brown years. 

Let me explain it to you.

Evidence, no matter how “irrefutable” is no guarantee of justice in a fallible justice system.

And since justice is administered be people who are fallible, then the justice system is always fallible, sometimes the fallibility is a result of human error, too often it is a result of deliberate interference in the justice system, by example the withholding of evidence by police and prosecutors.

So no, there is no contradiction in my response to you post, I did not ‘selectively’ read it.

Your argument relies on the patently false assumption that verdicts are safe if the evidence is ‘irrefutable’.

Very clearly, the evidence presented might not be the whole evidence and therefore may have the appearance of being irrefutable when it is nothing of the sort.

It seems withholding evidence is a bit of a thing, which might explain the dozens of overthrown cases I linked earlier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5572445/amp/Police-trained-hide-evidence-dont-want-defence-see.html

Edited by Chomper Higgot

23 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Something that was not remedied in the following 14 years and that had, by Spring of this year, already necessitated the early release of prisoners while still leaving prisons over crowded.

14 years of inaction.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Let me explain it to you.

Evidence, no matter how “irrefutable” is no guarantee of justice in a fallible justice system.

And since justice is administered be people who are fallible, then the justice system is always fallible, sometimes the fallibility is a result of human error, too often it is a result of deliberate interference in the justice system, by example the withholding of evidence by police and prosecutors.

So no, there is no contradiction in my response to you post, I did not ‘selectively’ read it.

Your argument relies on the patently false assumption that verdicts are safe if the evidence is ‘irrefutable’.

Very clearly, the evidence presented might not be the whole evidence and therefore may have the appearance of being irrefutable when it is nothing of the sort.

It seems withholding evidence is a bit of a thing, which might explain the dozens of overthrown cases I linked earlier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5572445/amp/Police-trained-hide-evidence-dont-want-defence-see.html

Your favourite.

Whataboutery. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Will Labour be building new prisons to stop over crowding in the future ?

From the time somebody has the Idea to build a prison until the time it is commisioned into service is measured in years.  I doubt very much if Two tier kier or the Labour party will be around for long enough for the first opening ceremony.   It will probably be Nigel Farage who will be invited to cut the pink tape on opening day 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Labour seem to be doing quite well at the moment .

40 000 new NHS staff 

More Immigration staff

New prisons and staff 

Repaying the 20 Billion GBP "Black hole" .

Have Labour stated how all this will be paid for ?

By depriving pensioners of the winter fuel allowance initially , soon to be followed by huge tax increases, The unemployed and the disabled will also be expected to pay their share.  I would expect a significant increase in borrowing too.    The only people who will not be asked to put their hand in their pockets  will be the "irregular " immigrants and members of the approved trade unions.  All will soon be revealed

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

38 quid per 'calendar' month about 1650 baht, yep not bad 1000 quid a month for those born at the right time.....nice......don't tell the wife.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

38 quid per 'calendar' month about 1650 baht, yep not bad 1000 quid a month for those born at the right time.....nice......don't tell the wife.

As I said to a former colleague who recently retired and is in receipt of a generous company pension when he was dismissive of the state pension.

If you moved into a house that someone posted over £800 a month through the letter box every month without fail, you would think very carefully before moving somewhere else.

As you rightly say, soon to rise to a £1000 a month, not to be sniffed at regardless of what other incomes one might have.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Agree 1

It's difficult to believe but this is not parody or satire:

image.png.d2c03515690ad20251335b8b4131442e.png

Its from a real article from a serious newspaper.  

https://www.thetimes.com/uk/politics/article/sadiq-khan-prisoners-should-jump-queue-for-housing-jq3t7xv5x

Whoever coined the term "crime doesn't pay" clearly did not envisage the clowns that run the UK today getting into power. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, placeholder said:

I asked what's the solution. You haven't offered one.

I did if you bothered to read it. I said there locked up ie taken off the Streets but once a thief always a thief he will be out very soon back to stealing. If it was me id do what they used to do many years ago on the Isle of Man to petty thieves.

This pretty well sums up what the state of the UK.

Policing Minister Dame Diana Johnson had her purse stolen from the hotel where she gave a speech at a conference for senior police officers on Tuesday.

Thieves struck while Dame Diana was giving a speech blaming the Conservatives for an “epidemic of antisocial behaviour, theft and shoplifting,” at the annual Police Superintendents' Association (PSA) conference at a hotel in Kenilworth.

A member of Home Office staff also had belongings taken. A 56-year-old man from Coventry has been arrested on suspicion of burglary and released on bail in connection to the incident, Warwickshire Police said.

The Home Office said no security risks had been identified

At least there will be room for these Beasts after tomorrows Sentencing. An URDU interpreter had to be used in the Court room. All these beasts are of British Pakistani origin. Abid Saddiq was already sentenced in 2019 to 20 years for sex offences prior to this sentencing tomorrow.  

Seven men have been convicted of the "traumatic" sexual abuse of two girls over a five-year period as part of an investigation into the Rotherham grooming scandal.

Mohammed Amar, 42, Mohammed Siyab, 44, Yasser Ajaib, 39, Mohammed Zameer Sadiq, 49, Abid Saddiq, 43, Tahir Yassin, 38, and Ramin Bari, 37, exploited the girls, who were aged 11 and 15 when the attacks began, between 2003 and 2008.

Sheffield Crown Court heard the gang picked up the victims in their cars and gave them cigarettes, alcohol, cannabis and money.

The girls would then be assaulted, forced to perform sexual acts or raped.

The court heard how the attacks took place at locations around Rotherham, including a park, in a supermarket car park, a cemetery and behind a children’s nursery.In one case one of the girls was taken to a hotel where she was raped by two men. On another occasion the same girl was locked inside one of her abuser’s homes, raped on at least two occasions, and only managed to escape by climbing out of a window.

The gang were arrested as part of Operation Stovewood – a National Crime Agency (NCA) investigation into child sexual abuse in Rotherham between 1997 and 2013.

The seven defendants were found guilty following a nine-week trial.

18 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Labour seem to be doing quite well at the moment .

40 000 new NHS staff 

More Immigration staff

New prisons and staff 

Repaying the 20 Billion GBP "Black hole" .

Have Labour stated how all this will be paid for ?

They won't even release the details of this so called 20 Billion "black hole" that they are using as an excuse for all their cruel, dangerous policies.

Couldn't be because they are lying by any chance?

https://www.ft.com/content/7f686444-7036-4efc-82c5-971b0f3929fa

image.png.a653df2517e197a793ef22ad7875a881.png

• Agree 1