Liquid limits at airport security...

SunsetT

On 9/14/2024 at 8:35 AM, NanLaew said:

I drink the tap water in east Lancashire, and it doesn't taste "like a swimming pool" or at least, not like any swimming pool I have used.

United Utilities (northwest England) boasts 7,000,000 consumers and in 2022, there were only 4 detections of fecal bacteria in the water. I broke my calculator trying to get that as a percentage. Maybe someone didn't wash their hands after taking a dump?

Happens.

Burnley?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2024 at 12:27 PM, khunjeff said:

It still exists at all Thai airports, and I haven't heard any discussion about ending it. The airports in the UK and EU where the policy was changed had installed new-tech scanners that could supposedly differentiate between various liquids, but even most of those airports have brought back the old limits due to issues with the new scanning machines.

I got one of these blue ice blocks for keeping my food cold in a carrier bag confiscated at Glasgow Airport. No way is there 100mls of water in them.

On 10/3/2024 at 6:06 AM, NoshowJones said:

I got one of these blue ice blocks for keeping my food cold in a carrier bag confiscated at Glasgow Airport. No way is there 100mls of water in them.

One of these?  Approx. 6 x 3 x 1 inch.

d7c2637328f3781e755d6652feac5eb0.jpg_340x340q75.jpg_.webp.dd9b94c2fdeab69e8034c255f3c5297c.webp