Drunken 68 Year Old Man Climbs Phone Tower, 6 Year Old Granddaughter Talks Him Down

Georgealbert

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

" personal family issues "   they always have an excuse....     ( so he can't solve his issue properly?  ) 

now charge him with trespassing on Thailand Telecommunications property and disturbing the peace while under the influence of alcohol  ...  that'll give a couple of more personal issues to deal with.  

Should have all just left him there and ignored him,  eventually he'll get hungry and either fall or jump. 

Yes, always an excuse for a pathetic waste of space of a man.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

The shame he brought on his granddaughter by doing this is unforgiveable.

clueless ... he's a drunk Lao Khao lay about ....   a loser FFS

get out more any see the real thai people ... 

Edited by steven100

A combination of drinking, family troubles and possible depression has many here looking for a way out. Thailand in most places is a very boring place to live, besides the beach areas where there are things to do. Living in the country has many turning to drink to try and forget, but you can't escape your life, and if you have depression, which this one most likely has, you need professional help. Drinking the Lao Khao, which is absolute garbage, adds to stomach and liver problems, and many die here from those.

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

com·pas·sion
/kəmˈpaSH(ə)n/

noun
noun: compassion; plural noun: compassions
  1. sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.

your joking right ....try telling compassion and empathy to the cheating lying thieving thais who took farangs life savings after he built a house, bought a car etc ...  so don't farking try to tell me about compassionate thais.

ok ... 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, steven100 said:

your joking right ....try telling compassion and empathy to the cheating lying thieving thais who took farangs life savings after he built a house, bought a car etc ...  so don't farking try to tell me about compassionate thais.

ok ... 

All Thais aren't lying, cheating dead beat scammers. Many are of course, as I was married to one, but that doesn't mean they all are. I'm telling you you should show compassion when you don't know the history of someone who's this desperate. He might be a decent man who's drinking isn't helping him in life, along with obvious depression, which isn't easy for others to understand unless you're either living it or researched it enough to understand their plight.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

A combination of drinking, family troubles and possible depression has many here looking for a way out. Thailand in most places is a very boring place to live, besides the beach areas where there are things to do. Living in the country has many turning to drink to try and forget, but you can't escape your life, and if you have depression, which this one most likely has, you need professional help. Drinking the Lao Khao, which is absolute garbage, adds to stomach and liver problems, and many die here from those.

so he's so god damn stupid like most Thais that he can't think of a better way to resolve an issue.  God help this place...

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

All Thais aren't lying, cheating dead beat scammers. Many are of course, as I was married to one, but that doesn't mean they all are. I'm telling you you should show compassion when you don't know the history of someone who's this desperate. He might be a decent man who's drinking isn't helping him in life, along with obvious depression, which isn't easy for others to understand unless you're either living it or researched it enough to understand their plight.

well, I understand where your coming from and I do have a heart,  but if someone thinks climbing a tower to jump off will solve everything then he's a lost cause, because anyone with an once of sense will think how to solve their problem properly.   He had zero once of sense.  

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'll fix all my problems,  where's the telecoms towers  :cheesy:   but after a few more Lao Khao bottles  

Edited by steven100
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

com·pas·sion
/kəmˈpaSH(ə)n/

noun
noun: compassion; plural noun: compassions
  1. sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.

Usually misplaced, like it's over used and more popular cousin 'empathy' 

• Sad 1

so he's so god damn stupid like most Thais that he can't think of a better way to resolve an issue.  God help this place...

The average IQ here is lower than most other countries but not all are stupid because of this. Try researching depression just a bit and you'll understand why people do things like this. My best friend was a very smart man with a wife, house, job, hobbies and many friends and he took his own life. Depression back then in 1987 wasn't as well treated as it is now, although people still commit suicide daily here, as well as everywhere else. Nothing to do with intelligence as I mentioned in an earlier post of many scientists that have taken thir own lives.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

The average IQ here is lower than most other countries but not all are stupid because of this. Try researching depression just a bit and you'll understand why people do things like this. My best friend was a very smart man with a wife, house, job, hobbies and many friends and he took his own life. Depression back then in 1987 wasn't as well treated as it is now, although people still commit suicide daily here, as well as everywhere else. Nothing to do with intelligence as I mentioned in an earlier post of many scientists that have taken thir own lives.

FFS ....  stop trying to be an apologist for their delinquency ....   I don't want to hear pity any more.

thanks.  :jap:

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

FFS ....  stop trying to be an apologist for their delinquency ....   I don't want to hear pity any more.

thanks.  :jap:

I'm not apologizing for anything or anyone. If you don't know their history, you can't judge them. Guessing doesn't cut it. Feeling sorry for, and trying to understand  those suffering with depression is empathy and sympathy.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

em·pa·thy
/ˈempəTHē/

noun
noun: empathy
  1. the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.   It exists in those that have it.

Usually woke bleeding hearts doing a bit of virtue signalling, being all empathetic- as long as it costs them nothing.

• Sad 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, proton said:

Usually woke bleeding hearts doing a bit of virtue signalling, being all empathetic- as long as it costs them nothing.

You can't try to be empathetic. You either are or you aren't. Just like being a narcissist. if you are, there's no denying it. Feeling for someone comes naturally. Not caring is taught behavior.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, black tabby12345 said:

The drunk often cannot even walk straight.

But he climbed up 50m high and managed to come down safely instead.

He must be extremely fit.

Exact thought that came to my mind immediately after reading the article!

• Agree 1

Reading some comments above, it seems there are some perfect human beings, who have decided to live in Thailand. According to them, Thai nationals seems to be the most cheating, lying & thieving people on the planet.

Its a very clear indication of the high IQ, intelligent (mentioned above) peoples behavior!

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

IMG_5459.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Khaosod.

A bizarre incident in Nakhon Ratchasima on September 11, when a 68 year old man under the influence of alcohol climbed a 50 metre high phone tower in a rural village, leading to a dramatic rescue involving his 6-year-old granddaughter, who successfully persuaded him to come down safely.

At around 11:00, police officers from the Khon Buri Police Station, led by Deputy Inspector Kriengsak Chaiyasarn, received reports of a man scaling a phone tower in Moo 22 of the Khok Krayai subdistrict. Authorities, including rescue teams from Hook 31 and local officials, quickly responded to the scene. Police Captain Napadol Chuayboon and District Chief Peerapat Teerawatana took command of the situation.

Upon arrival, they found a crowd of villagers watching anxiously as the man, identified as Mr. Si Koetmoli, hung precariously near the top of the tower. For over an hour, the crowd shouted and pleaded for him to climb down, but Mr. Si remained unmoved.

In a final attempt to resolve the situation, authorities called in Mr. Si's 6-year-old granddaughter, who is currently a kindergarten student. Her gentle coaxing eventually persuaded her grandfather to descend. However, due to the tower's height and Mr. Si’s weakened state after being atop the structure for so long, electrical workers from the Provincial Electricity Authority and rescue teams had to climb the tower and fit him with safety gear and a lowering rope, to ensure a secure and slow descent.

Ms. Ananya, Mr. Si’s 29-year-old niece, revealed that her uncle lives with his wife and 17-year-old granddaughter in the village. A habitual drinker, Mr. Si often experiences bouts of erratic behavior, though this was the first time it had escalated to such a dangerous level. She believes that a combination of personal family issues and intoxication drove him to climb the tower.

Thanks to the intervention of his young granddaughter and the coordinated efforts of the rescue teams, Mr. Si was brought down safely without injury.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-12

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

Some good news in Aseannow, thankfully he is okay.

• Like 2