Harsher Penalties for "Drunk Driving and Repeat Offenders" Demanded

webfact

The yearly agenda:
- no intercourse on Valentine's Day for teenagers
- no booze on Buddhist days
- no drunk people during Songkran
- decent (i.e. conservative) dressing during Songkran (see the dressing code for nuns during Stone Age) 
- no drunk people on Loy Krathong 
- no drunk people on New Year's Eve
- no drunk driving
- no gambling
- no prostitution
- no tips (better known as bribes)

If you throw the entire list out, fine a first time offender on the booze with a seriously juicy fine of 20,000 Baht or more (that's what they take in Pattaya from foreigners, if the latter wants to avoid a police report and subsequent court hearing). Repetition of the same = impound the vehicle and release it at 50,000 Baht after a month. Revenue for social welfare (flood victims in Chiang Rai etc. spring to mind). 
Legalize gambling = brings tax money into the state's coffers and keeps those sticky fingers from the corruption till.
Legalize prostitution = will de-criminalize it and Somchai the Police Man goes empty without "beer money" or more
"Tips" or corruption, name the culprit publicly with photos and personal details all over the media, ban them for life from any governmental job after they served six months with the compliments of the Department of Corrections. 

But after all these years I know, that the very same list will appear in each and every year to come - for the time being guaranteed! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/12/2024 at 10:48 AM, Bert got kinky said:

Stop feeling defensive about your habits and look at my comment again. (Maybe before you smoke?)

I have looked again and again, you are bringing up your favourite gripe without reason.

What is your problem with people smoking weed, why does this consume you so much that you go out of your way to show everyone how fickle and pathetic you are?

I am not demonising anything.

Yes you are and you are getting boring with the repetitiveness of your one man campaign.

The article is about the dangers of driving under the influence.

No it is not, it is about drink driving, it is even in the title, not one mention of ANY other substances.

Maybe you should put your breakfast bottle down and read the article again.

Yet, as always, ignorant folk think that alcohol is the only problem.

Nobody has said that.

Ignorant folk insert their own opposing views into a disagreement, just to fit to their agenda.

Drug driving (any mind-altering drugs) is dangerous.

It is now more common in some parts of the world than drink driving, yet most people think that drink driving is the only problem. It's not.

Aaaaaah, you managed to find a story of somebody crashing while under the influence of weed.

Do you think that I might be able to find any stories of drink drivers crashing?

Try searching again to understand why drink driving is a much bigger problem that DUI of weed.

it is now more common in some parts of the world than drink driving

Where, show the evidence.

Put up or shut up.

I suspect he was attacked and severely mauled by a vicious bag of weed when he was a child.

I've seen this happen before. It hard to overcome such traumatic events at an early age.😔

Just cut him some slack.

• Haha 1