Take my dog back home

LOG54

Hello

My dog has a chip, rabbies account, all vaccines etc..

I know I must obtain an export licence from animal center quarantine in the airport..

My question is, do I need a health certificate from a local vet on international form or do the quarantine department check the dog themselves.

I will go there one day before to avoid any last minute issue.

I know the documentation required when reaching abroad

Thanks a lot

On 9/13/2024 at 1:16 PM, LOG54 said:

My question is, do I need a health certificate from a local vet on international form or do the quarantine department check the dog themselves.

I will go there one day before to avoid any last minute issue.

I did this some years ago and I think you made need to read up on the process as it wasn't as simple for me as you suggest although I could be wrong and things have changed since then. If so apologies.

I remember going to get an export licence/certificate at least a couple of days before but I was using a company to organise.

I have just checked some old emails and found the pdf but I stress it is 8 years old at least but may help - I also discover I cannot add pdfs......

However please note on there it states there you are supposed to apply for the export permission a minimum of 3 and maximum of 7 days before..........

This was the relevant part -

Preparing the final documents/flight reservations for the animal:
o
Minimum 3 working days and maximum 7 days before the flight: Apply for Export Permission
(Thailand) from your local Thai Department of Livestock Development (Link
http://www.dld.go.th/webenglish/move1.html). They will also certify the health/veterinary
certificates required for traveling and entering the destination country.
o
Take along:
o
Completed Application Form for Thai Department of Livestock Development– they
will prepare the export license and Thai health certificate based on the information in
this document. You may need a Thai person to help you with fill it as it’s mostly in Thai.
o
Pre-filled EU FORM 998/2003 (for EU)/ USDA health certificate (if dog going to US)
o
Dog on a leash or cat in crate
o
Original vaccination card (completed and signed by licensed vet) + photocopy of card
o
Copy of traveler’s passport photo page
o
Microchip card
o
Rabies Test Certificate (for EU import)
o
Payment: 50 Baht

Hello

Yes I did it in Thailand a few years ago.. it took some time as they send it to Germany.. I didn't do it in a so-called "pet center" specialized in attracting farangs and in a small vet it was much cheaper.. she put the chip at the same time..

@topt

Last time I took dogs out of Thailand was 20 years ago (several times). Always did alone, smooth and quick process, they just filled and stamped a form (export licence).. 5 minutes, even did not take the dog temperature.. Looked in internet after posting here and yes apparently need now deparasitation by vet 15 days before + health certificate 2 days before going.. then go to airport office..

If anyone has other info, pls advise..

Thanks everyone 

Have a good day