King of Shaves products in Thailand?

eddi

A couple of years ago I bought online some shaving oils from K o S and they deducted the UK VAT which almost covered the postal charge.

I just tried to do a similar order and no deduction of VAT and the shipping charge (by Royal Mail) was more expensive than the products!

Does anyone know a better way to get King of Shave products in Thailand?

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Not related but just bought a Phillips One razor......WOW!!!

Usually have a beard, but going to start shaving now so I can use it everyday .

I went with the Remington Durablade, and similar competitive concept.  Was going to be Durablade or One Blade.   Durablade heads last about 1year, far from the 5 yrs stated.

Don't know if I'd recommend, as expensive here/TH.  Bought one here, and 2 from USA, and stocked up on shaving heads.  

Not for the business person, with heavy beard and needs to be clean shaven every day, but I shave every other day or so.  

On topic ... sorry OP, never used oils when shaving.  I do shave after walking the dog in the early evening, which usually works up a sweat.   Blade seems to slide over that fairly well, just before showering.  Better than clean, just wet or dry face.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

There has been a relatively recent change in Thailand in that mail order items under a certain value, do not get a VAT waiver when mailed from overseas. (Not sure why that might impact UK VAT.) Been looking on Lazada of late for some good razors, not seen that product...some better razors are rather pricey in Big-C. 

12 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I went with the Remington Durablade, and similar competitive concept.  Was going to be Durablade or One Blade.   Durablade heads last about 1year, far from the 5 yrs stated.

Don't know if I'd recommend, as expensive here/TH.  Bought one here, and 2 from USA, and stocked up on shaving heads.  

Not for the business person, with heavy beard and needs to be clean shaven every day, but I shave every other day or so.  

On topic ... sorry OP, never used oils when shaving.  I do shave after walking the dog in the early evening, which usually works up a sweat.   Blade seems to slide over that fairly well, just before showering.  Better than clean, just wet or dry face.

Must have a look...didn't know about the Durablade!!!

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Must have a look...didn't know about the Durablade!!!

I used this guys recommendation.  He was a Blade One fan, and compared the 2.  Seemed to like the DuraBlade, though also skeptical of the blade life warranty, which is BS.  iF in USA, they will replace, but it would cost me more to ship to/from, than simply buying new blades heads when on sale.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I used this guys recommendation.  He was a Blade One fan, and compared the 2.  Seemed to like the DuraBlade, though also skeptical of the blade life warranty, which is BS.  iF in USA, they will replace, but it would cost me more to ship to/from, than simply buying new blades heads when on sale.

5 years is a brave claim to make......especially in America!!!

I use the best a man can get razors, imported from UK.

After use, I put it in a small cup of vegetable oil, as it is oxidisation in the air, not the cutting of the whisker. I shave every other day and am into the third month of this blade.