Next US President Will Wear The Grandaddy of Hoover Curses

DougieMax

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

As little as 160 years ago, the US citizens had up to 4 or 5 political parties to hitch their wagon to. Since then, the choices have been dumbed-down to where you're either a Republican or a Democrat and the polarization has really deepened since 2016. That's what you get when you prevent a once-upon-a time political dream of a 'land of the free and home of the brave' from maturing. You get a nation that's hide-bound by more federal and state legislation than one can shake an angry MAGA cap at. Freedom? Most Americans wouldn't know what to do with it if they had it. They need their laws, they crave their laws. They are a beaten and coven shambles with no clue that they're being played.

In the meantime @DougieMax, I suggest you try and get over yourself. If you don't like what you just read, don't read anymore. If you really, really don't like what you just read, don't comment. You're not cut from the right cloth to either be clever or save anonymous souls on an internet forum. And try and take comfort that when your great country does go down the toilet, at least you'll be in (maybe?) Tokyo.

Well, at least this time you were able to transcend the brainless chant of "orange man bad." Kudos to you. And this comment at least talked in the direction of the original post. As for just reading past the pabalum like yours, I was the one who created the original post and so trite like yours naturally comes across the desk. It's actually you who needs to get over yourself because you could not resist the urge to come back here and drop a second dukie.

I'm perfectly aware of history both contemporary and earlier, and also perfectly qualified to make observations based on it. The beauty of being out of the country (a conscious choice dating back to the 1970's) is the improved ability to see things unfiltered through assorted lenses designed to distort reality. In the meantime, please continue to enjoy paddling around in your kiddie pool.

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

It would seem most industrial countries have the same problem except that America's debt problem is enormous but they always have to exaggerate.

What makes it worse is that, at least for now, the US dollar is the world's reserve currency which means whatever negatively affects the dollar naturally spills over to other countries. The US will not fail in isolation.

• Sad 1

Just now, scorecard said:

Extension of that:

- Biden realized he was too old and fragile and passed the baton.

- Trump is quite old / too old and more and more showing signs both physically and cognitively that he's now not capable.  

HAHAHAHA .... They had to pry that baton out of his dessicated hands. Besides, whatever so-called diminished capacity your are belching at is nothing compared to the poor condition Joe was in even during the campaign of 2020. So much so that it was decided the best course was to simply.bury him in his basement.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Because Harris has no backbone. No thoughts or knowledge about dealing with people who are clearly her superiors (like other world leaders). She is a patsy for the Democratic party only. She will make the USA demise happen a lot faster. Do nothing to slow the influx of illegals until it is too late. Raise taxes. Make the cost of living go even higher. Spend all the government funding intended for its citizens to help the illegals get more. 

She might be a good lawyer in presenting her opinions and laws to people afraid of going to prison. But she is surely not a President and only held the title as VP, never doing anything of substance and failing miserably when dealing with other leaders as well as her top position controlling the border illegal influx. Sad day for the USA if she wins. I will be flying a flag saying GOD HELP AMERICA after that. 

Much the same as the UK with an ex Public Prosecutor as Prime Minister. But don't blame him for the present situation in the UK. It's the same in democratic countries worldwide. As the old non PC metaphor goes. 'We're like a virgin lying on her back with legs wide open saying "Come and get it." It's too late to stem the tide now.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, DougieMax said:

What makes it worse is that, at least for now, the US dollar is the world's reserve currency which means whatever negatively affects the dollar naturally spills over to other countries. The US will not fail in isolation.

There will be mighty upheavals for sure, perhaps instead of one reserve currency there could be a basket of currencies say, yuan, dollar, and euro expressed as an index against which currencies could be measured, this would do away with the status perks of one reserve currency. or just go back to the gold standard.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

There will be mighty upheavals for sure, perhaps instead of one reserve currency there could be a basket of currencies say, yuan, dollar, and euro expressed as an index against which currencies could be measured, this would do away with the status perks of one reserve currency. or just go back to the gold standard.

The BRICS tried that and failed.

I think the key to that flop was the amount of debt that's held in Benjamins?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The BRICS tried that and failed.

I think the key to that flop was the amount of debt that's held in Benjamins?

I don't think the Brics currency is a failed project yet, in fact it is still in the making, it's a project that many western governments fear.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, DougieMax said:

I'm all for reverting back to what has worked for thousands of years, gold.

and the wheel was the best standard for ever... we don't need no silly boats and nonsensical flying things.   Don't forget it was that crazy fad for spices that started us down this path.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sitting and having a coffee at Amazon with the iPad and time available so, my apologies …  for those in the back row (meaning those not American … or American but ignorant of voting in the USA. So, I am old and have thus grown into my field of study and teaching … history. Oh, I am aware of the passing out of bottles of booze by the ward bosses in the big cities of yesteryear gaining votes but … Hello? It is 2024 and for all the years I have voted as an American citizen, accusations that anyone can just show up and vote and have that vote count before ID is validated is patently BS. While in the US, the first time I got ready to vote I had to register and show that I was a citizen. You do this through your local voting district. Show up to vote your name is already on the books. I sign in next to my name and my signatures need to match.Truth is most Americans are known to the neighbors who are working as poll officials. So, I was not asked repeatedly for proof of being a citizen, showing an ID. We vote in our local districts overwhelmingly and are known to folks. Now I vote by Absentee Ballot still registered at my last US address (where I have not lived for over a decade). I used the federal form to request my Absentee Ballot, that was forwarded to my state election officials who matched my already being on the books with my voting record (no, not who I voted for but my established pattern of voting). On September 21 I can electronically request my Absentee Ballot, print it out here, fill it in, use the directed means of mailing (fortunately I live where we have a Consulate). I will take my ballot, in the envelope and the Consulate will put it in the “diplomatic pouch” meaning diplomatic mail going to the U.S. Once  there, we have to depend on the US Postal Service to deliver the US Mail. As I am known in my local voting district I can check directly to confirm my ballot has been delivered and will be counted. I will save my ire for those who want to stop mail in ballots, or who would make it harder for me to vote … there should be no one who does not know which party is trying to restrict the number of voters … you might ask why. The answer is not immigrants but rather the WASP founding culture in the USA losing their hold on power to the population in a nation of immigrants. You can read it … they are not happy campers! Ask The Donald, or read some of those foreign or domestic enemies posting on this forum.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, DougieMax said:

I'm starting to ask myself why Trump would want to be captain of the Titanic. The American ship of state is doomed and the day of reckoning has all but arrived at this point. Nothing can be solved by tinkering with interest rates or scattering helicopter money as in the past. The US passed the point of no return by allowing unrestricted invasion of fighting age men from the third world. The country is morally bankrupt to the point it can't even distinguish between male and female anymore, and its leaders are hopelessly corrupt and inept.

So why not just let Harris have the job?

Whoever ends up in the White House is certain to preside over the final demise of the USA. How fitting that it should happen with the first woman president at the helm leaving no question of the abject failure of everything she represents. Look at how Herbert Hoover is remembered. And things were not nearly as bad as they are now. Whoever becomes president will become the next Herbert Hoover jacked up on a cocktail of steroids, amphetimines and hormone blockers. Who in their right mind would want to be remembered in history with that distinction?

The American people pissed away their birthright and Judgment Day has all but arrived. How fitting that its humiliation should be spearheaded by the likes of Harris as it bends over for the grandaddy of all canings. America better brace itself and grit its teeth for the first swift, skin-breaking stroke with the cringeworthy sound of an amplified cackle in the background.

RUN AWAY, DONALD, RUN AWAY WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣LOL! Joker....

I'm sorry, DougieMax. Your OP missed the fact Donnie can't run anywhere. He's a convicted felon, has to serve any sentence first.

I recommend Gaviscon for the heartburn. You'll need to see a doctor to have anti-psychotics prescribed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, riclag said:

Can you imagine taking a bullet along with a few other supporters and still 

get up and chant Fight , Fight  , Fight!

It ain’t for the money , he doesn’t need it! He’s a die hard patriot 

It's debatable whether he took a bullet, or got hit by debris. On balance of probabilities, more likely the latter.

His reaction then was totally different to his reaction when Harris baited him on crowd sizes..

It's not for the money, and certainly not patriotism. What kind of patriot calls fallen soldiers suckers and losers?

It's to stay out of jail.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1