Garbage Republicans Slither Out To Endorse Harris

DougieMax

5 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Former Bush AG: Harris endorsement ‘contrary to his nature’

Former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales told Julie Mason he thinks it is unlikely former President George W. Bush would ever endorse Vice President Harris. Bush, who was president during Gonzales’s attorney general tenure, announced last week that he would not publicly support a candidate in 2024.

“That would be so contrary to his nature and what I know about the man,” Gonzales said to Mason on SiriusXM.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4879566-gonzales-bush-harris-endorsement/

It's an indirect quote. Not the same thing as him making a direct quote in public.

Alas, no retraction for you. But keep digging.

• Haha 2

Sept. 8, 2024, 2:18 AM GMT+7
By Kelly O'Donnell and Megan Lebowitz

Former President George W. Bush does not plan to endorse a candidate for president, his office told NBC News on Saturday.

When asked whether the former president or his wife, Laura, would endorse a candidate or make public how they will vote, Bush's office said "no."

"President Bush retired from presidential politics years ago," the office added.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/former-president-george-w-bush-no-plans-endorse-2024-election-rcna170055

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, DougieMax said:

It's an indirect quote. Not the same thing as him making a direct quote in public.

Alas, no retraction for you. But keep digging.

You make a claim, demand from others to refute the claim, when that's done you don't accept it 

Just substantiate your claims yourself.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Sept. 8, 2024, 2:18 AM GMT+7
By Kelly O'Donnell and Megan Lebowitz

Former President George W. Bush does not plan to endorse a candidate for president, his office told NBC News on Saturday.

When asked whether the former president or his wife, Laura, would endorse a candidate or make public how they will vote, Bush's office said "no."

"President Bush retired from presidential politics years ago," the office added.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/former-president-george-w-bush-no-plans-endorse-2024-election-rcna170055

Again, "Bush's office" does not constitute a direct quote. 

Keep trying.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You make a claim, demand from others to refute the claim, when that's done you don't accept it 

Just substantiate your claims yourself.

No, it was a counter-rebuttal statement to a challenge consisting of the assertion that Bush has never endorsed Harris. I just wanted to know how he knew that and he supplied an indirect quote which is not the same thing. Unlike a wokie, I'll admit I'm wrong if he can supply one.  Besides trends being what they are, it is indeed garbage republicans who are coming out for Harris, and according to the wokie left, Bush personifies republican garbage. So why not make the tiny hop to a perfectly reasonable assumption?

Edited by DougieMax
Changed "conclusion" to "assumption"
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Two weeks ago this ago this got a lot of attention in political circles:

James Carville Names 'Only Way' Republicans Can Get Their 'Party Back' In November

I like Carville and his whole style of political commentary but I don't always agree with him.

“Remember, Republicans got blown out in ’64 and won the presidency in ’68. Democrats got blown out in ’72 and won the presidency in ’76,” noted Carville,

I disagree here because the 1964 presidential race was tainted by the JFK assassination, and the following 1968 race was colored by the incumbent dropping out and the assassination of the front-runner, which left the Dems in a mess.  1976 was about the Nixon skullduggery. 

Maybe some GOP members are taking this to heart -- after all, this is the guy who got Bill Clinton elected in 1992.  They know they've already lost this year, but looking ahead to 2027 (when the 2028 race begins) they are probably already planning how they can beat her then.  So yeah, the thinking in that camp might be "let's elect somebody we know we can beat next time around."

On 9/15/2024 at 9:06 AM, DougieMax said:

No, it was a counter-rebuttal statement to a challenge consisting of the assertion that Bush has never endorsed Harris. I just wanted to know how he knew that and he supplied an indirect quote which is not the same thing. Unlike a wokie, I'll admit I'm wrong if he can supply one.  Besides trends being what they are, it is indeed garbage republicans who are coming out for Harris, and according to the wokie left, Bush personifies republican garbage. So why not make the tiny hop to a perfectly reasonable assumption?

"No, it was a counter-rebuttal statement to a challenge consisting of the assertion ..."

Wait, what was the middle part again?

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

I think the significance of Cheney's endorsement is that it demonstrates the breadth of support for Harris.

If Cheney and AOC both support Harris she appeals to a wide variety of voters.

Or it could be interpreted to how broadly Trump is disliked which for the purposes of the election amounts to the same thing.

My take on what you say is that only the worst sort of people who hate America and anything decent want Harris. She's perfect for the job they want her to do.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/16/2024 at 7:23 PM, DougieMax said:

We Know Trump is disliked  by your side. After all, it's you people who tried to murder him twice. Is this really what you support? It begs the question: What kind of person are you? It certainly makes my case that truly despicable people are rooting for Harris at any cost. And all for what? Or is not for anything but only for the purpose of being against Trump? I think you need to spend some time in front of a mirror.

Look you claiming they, as in not MAGA, want to kill him. No need to as he will lose and never darken our door again.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2024 at 7:04 PM, DougieMax said:

Nor am I certain that Democrats they have given up on this year either. In 2020, they ran an absolutely rotten candidate who couldn't talk very well and hid out in his basement away from the media. But a combination of election interference and outright fraud was enough to get him elected. 

So, you are a defender election denier. Even Trump has admitted he lost the 2020 election.

Was Trump lying?

Amazingly, you cling to your delusion that the 2020 election, in the absence of any proof.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 9:07 PM, DougieMax said:

For the entirety of this century thus far, the left has been relentless telling anybody who would listen what a rotten person Dick Cheny was and how he was satan personified. Same with George Bush and same with Mitt Romney. Mike Pence too. The vitriol was off the charts with every foul name in the book thrown out there. So it is only fitting that such sh!tty people, being the human garbage the left has spent so much time and energy to remind us of, should throw their support over to Kamala. It just seems so completely appropriate that human garbage like that want her in the White House. There are certainly plenty of people like Cheney, Bush, Romney and Pence right here in this forum that want the same thing they do.

Just out of interest......does all this not make you stop and think.....even just for a moment......WHY?

• Like 2

I like seeing an intelligent Republican, it's refreshing. "Harris works across the aisle, Edwards wrote, and is a potential president that Western leaders will respect. Edwards wrote that the Americans needs a serious person to lead the country as tyrants threaten the U.S. and its allies."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/longtime-oklahoma-republican-mickey-edwards-183134305.html

List continues.

Need a truck to help load the .....

• Like 2

On 9/14/2024 at 4:07 PM, DougieMax said:

For the entirety of this century thus far, the left has been relentless telling anybody who would listen what a rotten person Dick Cheny was and how he was satan personified. Same with George Bush and same with Mitt Romney. Mike Pence too. The vitriol was off the charts with every foul name in the book thrown out there. So it is only fitting that such sh!tty people, being the human garbage the left has spent so much time and energy to remind us of, should throw their support over to Kamala. It just seems so completely appropriate that human garbage like that want her in the White House. There are certainly plenty of people like Cheney, Bush, Romney and Pence right here in this forum that want the same thing they do.

On the scale of political evil in our lifetime, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz are at the very top. Cheney wants the world to be in a state of never ending war.

That they should fuse with the Democrats, and find a welcoming bosom, for their vile poison only further illustrates which side is the side of good in this epic battle.

As of course did the two cowardly assassination attempts.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1