Smart Home automations - anybody using?

Just now, KannikaP said:

If you did not try any alternatives, how do you know that you would not like say Tuya better?

Maybe I would like something else better.

What I do mostly before I buy something is that I do a little research on the internet. What's available? What to people write about it? Forums, Videos, etc.

When I did this Omada looked good to me. So, I bought the basic parts and tried it. And I liked it. And then I bought some additional parts, and until now all works fine.

Is it the best for small network managements? I don't know. But it works good enough for me and until now I never missed a feature which I had to look up if it is available with another product.

And the same principle applies for me to Home Assistant. I looked at alternatives before I bought anything. And then I bought the basics and tried this and that. It always takes time to get used to any new system. I spend the time, and it does what I want.

Maybe at some stage I will change to something else than Omada and/or something else than Home Assistant. My cabling is easily accessible so if I have to change something that is no problem for me.

But currently all works fine with above, so I have no reason to look for any better alternative.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe I would like something else better.

What I do mostly before I buy something is that I do a little research on the internet. What's available? What to people write about it? Forums, Videos, etc.

When I did this Omada looked good to me. So, I bought the basic parts and tried it. And I liked it. And then I bought some additional parts, and until now all works fine.

Is it the best for small network managements? I don't know. But it works good enough for me and until now I never missed a feature which I had to look up if it is available with another product.

And the same principle applies for me to Home Assistant. I looked at alternatives before I bought anything. And then I bought the basics and tried this and that. It always takes time to get used to any new system. I spend the time, and it does what I want.

Maybe at some stage I will change to something else than Omada and/or something else than Home Assistant. My cabling is easily accessible so if I have to change something that is no problem for me.

But currently all works fine with above, so I have no reason to look for any better alternative.

For me to control my Home Devices, no cabling is need, nothing to buy, except the actual devices of course. Tuya syncs with Google Home and my Amazon Firestick so easily.

Maybe your situation is more complicated than mine.

12 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

For me to control my Home Devices, no cabling is need, nothing to buy, except the actual devices of course. Tuya syncs with Google Home and my Amazon Firestick so easily.

Maybe your situation is more complicated than mine.

Light needs cables.

In the moment I use lots of LED strips with 24V and LED controllers.

Years ago, I would probably have used 5V. Maybe in the future it makes sense to use 48V, or whatever.

There are many levels of home automation, from the change of one or a few light bulbs to everything.

My condominium is ready for "everything". Will I need all my empty pipes which allow low voltage power cables, LAN cables and control cables everywhere? Probably not. But now I use already some of them and I have almost unlimited possibilities. I like that - and I like to play around with things like that.

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Light needs cables.

I simply replaced the old ones with new 220v bulbs, using the old aluminium surrounds. Now all I see is the bottom of the globe.