Swift endorsement turns more voters from harris than it attracts…

riclag

34 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Of course yes 2012.....and people are never allowed to change their minds are they.....unless you've dug yourself into a huge whole with 50% of the voting population who want control over their own bodies....then it's oh...it's got to be longer than six weeks....oh...it has to be decided by each state....

Btw, I think it's wrong to see abortion in this way. Abortion is not just about women controlling their bodies, it is also about the right of another life, and also about the right of the father. It's not a one-dimensional issue.

The states shouild decide. It's the democratic thing to do.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Btw, I think it's wrong to see abortion in this way. Abortion is not just about women controlling their bodies, it is also about the right of another life, and also about the right of the father. It's not a one-dimensional issue.

Hardly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

I'm lost....if you return it the States (primarily fat, middle aged white men, but that's another argument) and the States come up with everything from no abortions to abortions on demand.......where are your morals at????

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I'll tell you what's scary, the abortion without limitations which Taylor Swift, Walz and Harris support.

...and of course you trot that out with no evidence whatsoever.....so I won't expect a reply....if I ask for any.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

...and of course you trot that out with no evidence whatsoever.....so I won't expect a reply....if I ask for any.

I didn't believe it existed either. Until I read the Minnesota Public Radio news:

Under current law, abortion is allowed in late-term pregnancy — though it’s worth noting that these cases are very rare. Lawmakers passed and Walz last year signed a law removing many of the restrictions on abortion in the state. 

https://www.mprnews.org/episode/2024/09/11/minnesota-mentions-trump-harris-presidential-debate

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Just because the Biden data is irrelevant, that doesn't mean that the Trump data is.

Yes it is, because it is a comparison between TWO specific presidential candidates, and one is gone.

See, you have so little that you don't even know what you're quoting. In other words, you got NOTHING

Just now, Cameroni said:

I didn't believe it existed either. Until I read the Minnesota Public Radio news:

Under current law, abortion is allowed in late-term pregnancy — though it’s worth noting that these cases are very rare. Lawmakers passed and Walz last year signed a law removing many of the restrictions on abortion in the state. 

https://www.mprnews.org/episode/2024/09/11/minnesota-mentions-trump-harris-presidential-debate

But there are also restrictions on providers by medical boards and ethics rules. They wisely left it to medicine.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

No such thing. Abortions have always had some restrictions. Not only by law.

Not in Minnesota, thanks to Tim Walz. Alll restrictions on abortion were removed:

"Under current law, abortion is allowed in late-term pregnancy — though it’s worth noting that these cases are very rare. Lawmakers passed and Walz last year signed a law removing many of the restrictions on abortion in the state. 

Late-term pregnancy is defined as 41 0/7 to 41 6/7 weeks. 

https://www.msdmanuals.com/professional/gynecology-and-obstetrics/approach-to-the-pregnant-woman-and-prenatal-care/late-term-and-postterm-pregnancy#Management_v25896684

Edited by Cameroni
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

Yes. Abortion is legal in Minnesota. There is no limit on abortion in Minnesota based on how far along in pregnancy you are. 

https://www.abortionfinder.org/abortion-guides-by-state/abortion-in-minnesota

Just because the state does not impose restrictions does not mean there are none. Doctors are not going to abort a viable near term foetus. No matter how much you stomp your feet.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Just because the state does not impose restrictions does not mean there are none. Doctors are not going to abort a viable near term foetus. No matter how much you stomp your feet.

During Tuesday night’s presidential debate with former President Donald Trump, Vice President Kamala Harris refused to say whether she opposes late-term abortions and denied that they happen in the United States.

However, more than a dozen states, in fact, allow on-demand abortions after the point of viability, and nine of those states permit abortions throughout the entirety of pregnancy.

What’s more, studies from pro-abortion groups and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that thousands of abortions happen late into pregnancy every year.

https://www.ncregister.com/cna/post-debate-explainer-the-truth-about-late-term-abortions-in-the-united-states

• Sad 1

Just now, Cameroni said:

During Tuesday night’s presidential debate with former President Donald Trump, Vice President Kamala Harris refused to say whether she opposes late-term abortions and denied that they happen in the United States.

However, more than a dozen states, in fact, allow on-demand abortions after the point of viability, and nine of those states permit abortions throughout the entirety of pregnancy.

What’s more, studies from pro-abortion groups and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show that thousands of abortions happen late into pregnancy every year.

https://www.ncregister.com/cna/post-debate-explainer-the-truth-about-late-term-abortions-in-the-united-states

OMG...are you serious?.....that is exactly what you applauded Trump for....the right for states to decide.....do you not see the irony??????

• Like 1

Just now, cjinchiangrai said:

And spout a bunch of phoney conspiracy theories. They are pretending that Trump really cares about abortion. Minnesota was smart enough to avoid stupid laws like reimplanting ectopic pregnancies.

Trump cares about one thing only.

• Like 1

Minnesota, the home state of Harris’ running mate, Gov. Tim Walz, has some of the most permissive pro-abortion laws in the country. Walz signed legislation in January 2023 that declared abortion “a fundamental right” and prohibited local governments from taking any action that interferes with that legal right. This provided even stronger protections for Minnesota’s laws on abortion, which permit the procedure until the moment of birth.

However, the CDC does report its estimates of how many abortions occur in the 21st week of pregnancy or later. In 2019, the CDC estimated about 4,882 abortions were performed at least 21 weeks or later into pregnancy. The data is incomplete because it excludes the nine states that permit abortions at that stage of pregnancy and the District of Columbia.

The pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute, which provides estimates through voluntary surveys, reported that about 0.9% of abortions were conducted in the 21st week or later in 2023. The report estimated more than 1 million total abortions, which would mean that more than 9,000 abortions occurred in the 21st week or later.

If the Guttmacher Institute’s reporting is correct, this would mean that, on average, between 24 and 25 abortions in the 21st week or later occur every day in the United States.

This is why Taylor Swift voted for Harris. She wants unfettered abortion where women can decide right up to the 9th month to get an abortion for any reason.

This is morally wrong, 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

Do the names Ronald Reagan or Arnold  Shwartzenegge ring a familiar note.?

They got elected.  By voters. 

Not that I think Swift couldn't win in California.  She may be able to beat Newsom.   But she couldn't afford the pay cut, and hasn't the stomach for the criticism.  So she won't run.

• Like 1