What is the best way to watch old movies at home in Thailand?

OneMoreFarang

Thanks for all your comments and also private messages.

I have hundreds of movies which I downloaded, and I know how to play them, and I know how do download more movies, for free.

Like described above, I would like to have something like Netflix, with an easy user interface, but with more movies. Before I checked I somehow assumed that Netflix has everything, but they don't. They don't even have many well-known movies.

I thought that maybe there are other providers like TRUE, Amazon, or something like Spotify or whatever with many more movies. But it seems such an all in one easy to use provider is not available in Thailand - at least that is my impression. 

On 9/17/2024 at 1:08 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Start with downloading movieHD apk then install the app, has most movies and series you want, i recently downloaded Once upon a time in the West, my favourite western of all time

it has commercials ?    If so..... how intrusive are they ?   ( every 5 minutes or ? )

Just now, rumak said:

it has commercials ?    If so..... how intrusive are they ?   ( every 5 minutes or ? )

Just slightly related to this, since a couple of months I pay for YouTube premium, no ads anymore. Wonderful. 

There are still ads in videos which are made by the people who upload the videos, but it's easy to skip them.

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for all your comments.

Until now the summary seems to be: There is no easy comfortable way. A little here, a little there but nothing like: Just install and pay X (not Twitter) and all will be fine.

Amazing. I would think I am not the only person who likes to watch old movies without hassle.

By the way, for Audio I use Roon. Most of the time that is very good. 

Just want to emphasize that my way is easy and comfortable, just requires some patience, but only for the more exotic choices. I usually easily find what I want to watch, download and I'm all set. This has led to a collection of over 1200 movies, some are a bit rare, but moset readily available.

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Just slightly related to this, since a couple of months I pay for YouTube premium, no ads anymore. Wonderful. 

There are still ads in videos which are made by the people who upload the videos, but it's easy to skip them.

yes,  i have YT premium ...... which is great with the no ads ( and only 179 baht/mo )

but.......... had it for a little over a year and now difficult to find decent stuff on it .  I type in a movie on search,  but more often than not its not on offer .

would like to try something like pirate bay BUT  always get ticked off trying to navigate the necessary steps (as well as a little paranoid  🙂

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you have a VPN you can point it in the direction of Albania, the government prohibits the monetization of videos. Here is a list. https://isthischannelmonetized.com/data/youtube-monetized-countries/

Have you looked on apple iTunes or whatever they call it now for older films? I think you pay $1.99 or something, but cant be sure.