Best Song of Past 100 Years? Your Vote?

GammaGlobulin

Dear Folks,

The results are now IN.....

The best song of the past 100 years is THIS:

Anyone willing to validly CONTEST this?

UPS to YOU....

But then, you will have a very HARD TIME....

Strange Fruit....all around us.....not to mention Strange Fruits.....

I am almost 100-years old...and so....

I should know.

Your opinions PLEASE....

If you DARE.....

Best regards,

For the Crows to Pluck...

And the Wind to SUCK.....

Gamma

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cjinchiangrai said:

I would nominate Sing, Sing, Sing by Louis Prima

YES!!!!

Maybe First or Second....of my personal choice....FOR SURE!

((BUT, this version you posted....is NOT...the Good and Long version, as I guess you might know....))

And......

HERE IT IS:

MOTT STREET.....!!!!!

Indeed!

image.png.a4f632abd19d1d65fb4997e0a6e8d2b1.png

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

"Imagine" by John Lennon is often considered the best song of the past 100 years.  It doesn't get my vote, but it is the opinion of many.

In terms of which song has had the most influence in the past 100 years, I would say the U.S. Civil War song "Battle Hymn of the Republic."  It had a significant role as both a marching song for Northern troops and an inspirational song for civilians.  Lines from the song have been used as the titles of movies and books as well as in speeches.  Several of Dr. Martin Luther King's most famous speeches have made reference to or quoted "Battle Hymn of the Republic."  King's last publicly spoken words before his assasination were "Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Only an arrogant person would have the audacity to claim one song as the "best". It is subjective and there can never be one that is the "best". If that was the case, in honour of the senior citizens residing in Chiang mai and pattay, we present the wonderful Wayne Newton;

So say YOU!

But, very few, in my opinion, would be willing to make such an absolutist statement, such as you have just made.

• Sad 2

48 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

There really is only one:

Right, again!

I am sure that this one is the VERY Best.....

I love it when he sticks his finger in the air....

And then moves his pubic region forward, to the tune of his song....

Pretty Sexy....For sure!

Probably one of the sexiest songs of all time....NO DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTE4:  I was once embarrassed by the his suggestive moves....many years ago.  But now, I have become enured to them...and even somewhat TAKEN by them...

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I am sure that this one is the VERY Best.....

To think a couple of young guys wrote all of that when they were only in their early twenties. Genius. 

But so was Pink Floyd when they were at a similar age. They made what might be considered the best album of all time; Dark Side.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

To think a couple of young guys wrote all of that when they were only in their early twenties. Genius. 

But so was Pink Floyd when they were at a similar age. They made what might be considered the best album of all time; Dark Side.

I first heard this song, Stairway, in Tokyo.

We all, the Japs and I, knew it was.....GREATNESS....

Even then.

I had not heard it in the US, at the time.

Japan has changed.

We have also changed.

I wish I could go back.

But, I would not go back...unless....

I could take the internet with me....

((Such a profound remark, this....  I really did not think that I had it ....in me.....))

NOTE4:  Please forgive because...in my original comment I had meant PELVIC Thrusts and NOT PUBIC Thrusts with the music.....

But this was just a TYPO.....

And, also....How FING Gauche of me.....to have made this typo.....So Solly.....!!!!!!

NOTE4.1:  So happy that you have some appreciation for one of the greatest songs in 100 years......

Edited by GammaGlobulin

51 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

But this is a close second:

Yes.

He is Great.

But, not as great as Frampton....

Or....IS this Frampton?

Frampton looks like Gilmour....as you can see....

BUT....sometimes......

Frampton can OUTPLAY Clapton...when he lets him....as you can plainly see here:

Frampton was just lucky he did not suffer a heart attack in his attempt....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

NOTE4:  Please forgive because...in my original comment I had meant PELVIC Thrusts and NOT PUBIC Thrusts with the music.....

This is unbelievable. You ask people to post what they consider to be the best songs, then I post what is perhaps the greatest rock n roll song of all time, and you can't stop talking about Robert Plant's genitals. I'm not interested in discussing your homosexual urges. So you hijack your own post to discuss what interests you more than the music; his penis. It's pretty disgusting actually. I should not have even bothered. Lesson learned. 

3 hours ago, RSD1 said:

This is unbelievable. You ask people to post what they consider to be the best songs, then I post what is perhaps the greatest rock n roll song of all time, and you can't stop talking about Robert Plant's genitals. I'm not interested in discussing your homosexual urges. So you hijack your own post to discuss what interests you more than the music; his penis. It's pretty disgusting actually. I should not have even bothered. Lesson learned. 

Well, at least I never went for Elvis the Pelvis.

This is the NATURE of Rock Music.....and....it is DESIGNED to be suggestive, slightly erotic, which is something that teens seem to slightly enjoy.

Girls swoon over Plant, and with good reason.

I was just pointing out the OBVIOUS, but I do not feel threatened by him....No....I embrace him...!

But..still...I am straight enough to prefer listening to Plant ......On the Radio...

And, let the girls get turned on by him.....enjoy!

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Only one winner....

The alternative lyrics need to be credited to The Flying Helmet, aka Roy Chubby Brown, or Royston Vassey as he is in real life, who inspired the town where the League of Gentlemen reside!

Delilah.

A sadly misunderstood story of separation, cutlery and locksmiths.  Anyone who has seen Tom pleading his innocence after serving his time, and Delilah condemning him on the basis of three million (four million) - sorry, Tom, four million confessions on black vinyl cannot fail to be moved.

14 hours ago, RayWright said:

The alternative lyrics need to be credited to The Flying Helmet, aka Roy Chubby Brown, or Royston Vassey as he is in real life, who inspired the town where the League of Gentlemen reside!

Saw Chubby live in Blackpool quite some time ago....great night...went with another couple whose wife was quite prim and propper....she was warned beforehand what to expect....she nearly wet herself with laughter :cheesy:

• Haha 1