Any reports of recent ME Non-I O visa (marriage) in region?

I've been browsing the threads and I haven't seen any recent reports on anyone getting a ME Non-I O visa for (Thai family visit) in the region.  Is that still possible or no longer an option anymore?

I looked at the Savannakhet consulate page and ME is no longer listed as an option.  Ho Chi Minh City has the ME listed, but does not provide details on what is needed, only-  "Applicant’s financial statement of adequate finance is required."   Jakarta has ME listed with financial requirements of "Applicant’s bank statement showing at least THB 400,000 or equivalent in other currencies for the past two months."  Perhaps Jakarta is a good option, but I'd like to confirm the possibility/financials of Savannakhet/Ho Chi Minh City before making any plans. If anyone has any fairly recent experience  at these consulates or other nearby options, it would be great to hear about it.  Thanks!

@Jetsam Savannakhet NEVER listed that they sold the Non-O visa based on marriage in multiple entry

You make an appt online, go there, have 400K baht in a thai bank account for 2 months before you go apply, you need the marriage certificate(s), thai i/d of your wife, her house book listing, copies of your data page, visa to Lao, entry stamp to Lao, 2 passport photos and 5000baht

Takes TWO business days not counting the day you apply for the visa 

• Agree 1

Just now, Jetsam said:

I take it that ME is not available at Vientiane.

the reports where people got year-long multi-entry Non-O visas based on marriage to a thai (even with 2 months of 400k in a bank account) are slim to none..
Savannakhet is the place to go OR HCMC (which is one of the only consulates that will still sell that year/multi-Non-O based on marriage with just 20K baht in the bank)

37 minutes ago, Jetsam said:

@Tod Daniels Very helpful information, Thank you!  Either Savannakhet or HCMC would be more convenient than Jakarta. Is it really only 20k baht in the bank for a ME from HCMC? Thai Bank account or any other one? No seasoning? That seems too good to be true.

I wouldn't count on no seasoning anywhere. 

Even Savannakhet now require 2 months seasoning and reports that if not seasoned then a single entry non O is issued.

Just one person's opinion.... I don't see big advantage now in obtaining a ME Non O marriage.

You can border bounce for visa exempt and obtain non O at immigration with 400k in bank on day of application and obtain 12 month extension with in the last 30 days.

Buy reentry permit. Bingo.

• Like 1

You can border bounce for visa exempt and obtain non O at immigration with 400k in bank on day of application and obtain 12 month extension with in the last 30 days.

Can you verify this method please as a way of spending 5.5 months for me and my thai wife next year    thanks...

21 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

OR HCMC (which is one of the only consulates that will still sell that year/multi-Non-O based on marriage with just 20K baht in the bank)

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Just one person's opinion....

Are you referring to the above advice ? 

If so, that post was done by this website's "Thai visa forum expert", are you suggesting that he is wrong ?

14 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Are you referring to the above advice ? 

Rather than continually play the man, post link to reports of success at HCMC for ME Non O marriage without seasoning.

Hopefully there are some. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308373-ho-chi-minh-multiple-entry-marriage-visa/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1307129-non-o-me-in-hcmc-and-hanoi-denied/

20 minutes ago, Sam555 said:

I am here on a single entry NON-0 marriage visa. Does my 400k in my Thai bank need to be seasoned for 60 days as it used to be? 

To obtain a non O visa (single entry) the funds do not need to be seasoned.

To obtain a 12 month extension the funds need to be in your Thai bank account for 2 months..

6 hours ago, Johno57 said:

You can border bounce for visa exempt and obtain non O at immigration with 400k in bank on day of application and obtain 12 month extension with in the last 30 days.

Can you verify this method please as a way of spending 5.5 months for me and my thai wife next year    thanks...

Your same question has been answered multiple times with available options.

If you don't want to open a Thai bank account and transfer 400K THB funds into a Thai bank account, then apply for and enter Thailand with a Non Imm O visa based on Thai spouse from the Thai Embassy London.

On entry, you're given temporary permission of stay for 90 days, which can be extended for a further 60 days at Immigration (1,900 BHT) = 150 days.

A border hop and re-entry will then permit you a further 60 day stay = 210 days.
Even that can be extended for a further 60 days = 270 days.

There are options available, but the key question is whether you want to open a Thai bank account and transfer funds here, or would you prefer to keep your money in your UK bank account? Answer that question, and we can be more specific with your options.

6 hours ago, Johno57 said:

You can enter Thailand visa exempt, then apply for the Non O at Immigration with 400K in a Thai bank account.

VE entry = 60 days + Non O = 90 days, total 150 days.
The 400K must be seasoned in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to submitting a 1 year extension application.
1 year extension based on Thai spouse have to be approved at regional level
You receive a 30 day under consideration stamp while your application is processed.

5.5 months in the Country, you'd have departed before your extension can be approved.

You'd only have time to apply for the 1-year extension if you entered with a Non Imm O visa based on a Thai spouse.

On 9/18/2024 at 10:20 AM, DrJack54 said:

You can border bounce for visa exempt and obtain non O at immigration with 400k in bank on day of application and obtain 12 month extension with in the last 30 days.

Buy reentry permit. Bingo.

Alternatively, during your border bounce in Savannakhet get the non O single entry without needing to show 400K (which you will need only for the extension). Correct ?

1 minute ago, kalasiner said:

Alternatively, during your border bounce in Savannakhet get the non O single entry without needing to show 400K (which you will need only for the extension). Correct ?

Yes, however soon after entry to Thailand with the non O giving 90 day stamp you would need to deposit 400k in Thai bank account in your name only to season for 2 months to apply for 12 months extension.

Personally don't see the point..

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes, however soon after entry to Thailand with the non O giving 90 day stamp you would need to deposit 400k in Thai bank account in your name only to season for 2 months to apply for 12 months extension.

Personally don't see the point..

My 400k comes from a fixed term deposit account which matures 2 weeks after my permission to stay expires. A real cock-up on my part !

I am on a 90 day single entry Non-0. I have not yet transferred the 400k to my Thai bank. As long as I do the transfer before getting my 60 day extension, can I then still apply for the year extension after having done the 60 day extension? 

TIA

23 minutes ago, kalasiner said:

My 400k comes from a fixed term deposit account which matures 2 weeks after my permission to stay expires. A real cock-up on my part !

Have you previously obtained a 60 day extension to visit wife.

That would provide time.

If that option not possible then do a border bounce just prior to  current expiry and reenter visa exempt. 

Obtain a non O at your immigration office minimum 15 days prior to expiry of your 60 day stamp.

For the non O you require 400k in bank on day of application.

That provides 90 day stamp.

In last 30 days with the 400 seasoned for 2 months obtain your 12 month extension. 

7 minutes ago, Sam555 said:

As long as I do the transfer before getting my 60 day extension, can I then still apply for the year extension after having done the 60 day extension? 

Yes

You are referring to 60 day extension to visit wife. 

• Like 1

@DrJack54 Thank you. I was waiting to reply until I finished this business: I just obtained a bank account on Visa Exempt status at Bangkok Bank Silom HQ branch. That this is possible may be of interest to some people here.

As you suggest, I have considered converting to a non-o from either this VE stamp or a future one,  but my concern has been leaving Thailand during the first 90 day entry. I have to travel on an unpredictable schedule, and I think that I'd have to be sure that I would be here during the under consideration period, when they visit your home.  Is that correct? 

Do you know if I get a multiple reentry permit during the first 90-day stay, if that would be valid for the entire 12-month extension? Because that could solve part of my problem.  Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Jetsam said:

Do you know if I get a multiple reentry permit during the first 90-day stay, if that would be valid for the entire 12-month extension?

No. Would only be valid for the 90 day stamp from the non O OR if have applied for the extension it would be valid for till date they give you for under consideration period. 

7 minutes ago, Jetsam said:

I just obtained a bank account on Visa Exempt status at Bangkok Bank Silom HQ branch. That this is possible may be of interest to some people here

It's of interest. So you did this in Bangkok. Did you use an agent? 

You could have supplied a COR so did you buy insurance? 

10 minutes ago, Jetsam said:

I have to travel on an unpredictable schedule, and I think that I'd have to be sure that I would be here during the under consideration period, when they visit your home.  Is that correct? 

It might be easier to just exit and reenter visa exempt each time till such a time that you see a big enough time slot inside to do the ve to non O to 12 month extension. 

Re home visit ....that depends on your immigration office. 

Most offices would do home visit and you are required to be present 

2 hours ago, kalasiner said:

If you haven't already, you can apply for a 60-day extension first, allowing time for the 400K to season before applying for the 1-year extension.

37 minutes ago, Jetsam said:

As you suggest, I have considered converting to a non-o from either this VE stamp or a future one,  but my concern has been leaving Thailand during the first 90 day entry. I have to travel on an unpredictable schedule, and I think that I'd have to be sure that I would be here during the under consideration period, when they visit your home.  Is that correct? 

Do you know if I get a multiple reentry permit during the first 90-day stay, if that would be valid for the entire 12-month extension? Because that could solve part of my problem.  Thank you.

Perhaps you should consider applying for the Non Imm O multiple entry visa from Savannahket that may fit your unpredictable travel arrangements better.
400K in a Thai bank for 2 months.

No home visits.
No, under consideration period.

thank you again.  So, it seems like I could buy the re-entry permit more than once if needed, based on the validity you described. 

To clarify, is time slot needed to apply for the 12 month extension 3-4 weeks towards the end of your non-0 90-days?   And that is when you would receive a home visit if one happens?  We may choose not to stay in Bangkok so I'll have to figure that out also.

Bank account:

no agent, no COR, no insurance purchase. I went in with my wife who has an account there and who needed to change her phone number in person in order to use their app, (a very tedious process as well).  While we were there I asked what was needed to open an account and explained that I needed to open a bank account to deposit 400k to convert to a non-O visa. He requested, original marriage certificate, and the other marriage document K2 K3?, her ID, copy of tabian ban, My passport and another form of ID- (used my US driver license, and a copy of our signed lease. He wanted a 12 month lease, but was satisfied with a month long lease that had wording in it that it was extendable aka month-to-month.  He also said that you need to have more than 30 days validity left on your permission stamp. Now that we are getting 60 days VE, it is easy to meet that condition. 

No mention of Certificate of residence.  No mention of additional letter from the embassy.  When I asked about opening an account when we were visiting in 2022, they said a letter was needed and showed me a copy of one. I think it was just an document saying that you are who you say you are.

Went back the next day with requested documents, went straight to his desk and didn't have to queue, and took care of in less than an hour. I would expect people to have to wait quite a while there in general though. I overheard some officers saying that there are many people from Taiwan and Myanmar opening accounts to purchase property at this time.

3 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Perhaps you should consider applying for the Non Imm O multiple entry visa from Savannahket that may fit your unpredictable travel arrangements better.
400K in a Thai bank for 2 months.

No home visits.
No, under consideration period.

Thank you. I may still do that.  I had that visa (from Savannakhet) maybe 10 years ago and it fit my needs well at that time.