Honest Question: How is Trump a 'threat to Democracy'?

diceman

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it does not, he has never faced charges of that, never mind been convicted of it.

doesnt appear to matter to some on here. i asked a genuine question and instead of factual evidence the whole thread descends into insults. i guess thats the problem in a nutshell. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Lots of reasons not to like Trump. The threat to democracy comes from:

• his lack of acceptance of the outcome of last election culminating in January 6 and the other pending court matters e.g. Georgia. If someone doesn't accept when they lose is that not a sign something is up and very wrong. He still apparently doesn't accept it;
  • the sense that he and those closest were actually to dumb and lame to find an effective pathway to being dictator last time e.g. fake electors but this time he is likely to take further steps to attempt it if necessary. The Project 2025 is a concern - too many Trump people involved to ignore it e.g. replacing many government workers with those who pledge allegiance to Trump. He says not involved - I believe him - he's not smart enough to come up with such stuff - but those who have his ear likely are;
  • his approach to dictators who don't believe in free and fair elections.

That's a start. But there are many other things I don't like about Trump e.g. he simply isn't smart in terms of policy. 

thank you. thats the kind of reply i was hoping for. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Lots of reasons not to like Trump. The threat to democracy comes from:

• his lack of acceptance of the outcome of last election culminating in January 6 and the other pending court matters e.g. Georgia. If someone doesn't accept when they lose is that not a sign something is up and very wrong. He still apparently doesn't accept it;
  • the sense that he and those closest were actually to dumb and lame to find an effective pathway to being dictator last time e.g. fake electors but this time he is likely to take further steps to attempt it if necessary. The Project 2025 is a concern - too many Trump people involved to ignore it e.g. replacing many government workers with those who pledge allegiance to Trump. He says not involved - I believe him - he's not smart enough to come up with such stuff - but those who have his ear likely are;
  • his approach to dictators who don't believe in free and fair elections.

That's a start.

"That's a start".

But, to use your own well-chosen words, a "dumb and lame" start.  And, ironically, considering that you're calling others dumb and lame, you posted "...those closest were actually to dumb and lame..."!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:
15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"That's a start".

But, to use your own well-chosen words, a "dumb and lame" start.  And, ironically, considering that you're calling others dumb and lame, you posted "...those closest were actually to dumb and lame..."!

You the man Lou. If there's a trivial point to be made you'll find it and make it.

At least I was able to make a rational point.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

I disagree, old bean. While assassinating politicians may be par for the course in the 'New World', we tend to frown upon that type of  behaviour in the 'Mother Country'. Bad form, don't you know?

More than a few people didn't get the memo ... 😎

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Cameroni said:

He has said clearly he will not implement it.

This is sarcasm, right?

When he says something clearly... he is clearly lying... otherwise he speaks in a most disorganized manner.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1