Tourist sim unlimited

Hummin

Trying an AIS unlimeted package for less than 500, and had 50 pluss mb  downoad and upload at the shop. Back at the hotel 3 download and 15 upload 😑

We will se when we are at home in the outback where I useally had 8mb to 20 pluss depending on weekdays or weekends. 

I started using the Saily app instead, they can't track me anymore that way in Thailand too and I can easily pay for other countries too except Laos only. Also possible to just change to access in entire region or even the entire world that way.

Benefit is too when using that, it always selects the best networks where you are (AKA true or DTAC or AIS etc). I often have with my Thai simcard of choice that it not works great at all regions of thailand. Last but not least; costs are same too with Saily.

I used to always want the unlimited ones with truemove prepaid etc but I realized that in reality I never really use more than 10GB data, per month, anyway, maybe 20GB in case I would be working from a hotspot a lot within a month, which happens rarely.

It's made by NordVPN as well so I guess that is a good thing: https://saily.com/

Screenshot 2024-09-20 at 08.53.42.png

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

I started using the Saily app instead, they can't track me anymore that way in Thailand too and I can easily pay for other countries too except Laos only. Also possible to just change to access in entire region or even the entire world that way. 

I used to always want the unlimited ones with truemove prepaid etc but I realized that in reality I never really use more than 10GB data, per month, anyway, maybe 20GB in case I would be working from a hotspot a lot within a month, which happens rarely.

30 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Trying an AIS unlimeted package for less than 500, and had 50 pluss mb  downoad and upload at the shop. Back at the hotel 3 download and 15 upload 😑

We will se when we are at home in the outback where I useally had 8mb to 20 pluss depending on weekdays or weekends. 

Try out saily

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

There is no wifi options at our location home, so we use our mobiles as hotspots for everything we do. Before I moved back home this spring, we had Dtac mobile broadband and also independent different providers on our own phones. Personally I watch tv and movies on my laptop and use around 200gb a month alone. 

18 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Does anyone really need unlimited calls and texts these days? Why not pre-pay, maintain minimal balance and validity so that you could make the odd call and receive SMS. An add-on unlimited data pack can be bought for 1,800 baht (150 baht per month).

Ehh unlimited data for 150 baht per month? Right, at 56-128kbps speed lol.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

There is no wifi options at our location home, so we use our mobiles as hotspots for everything we do. Before I moved back home this spring, we had Dtac mobile broadband and also independent different providers on our own phones. Personally I watch tv and movies on my laptop and use around 200gb a month alone. 

Yeah the idea is to still have wifi as well indeed, in that case, I would just use a SIM router from Lazada together with a 1-1.5K monthly local sim. If you could resell to your neighbors you could consider a Starlink from Philipinnes with global access at 100 USD monthly.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

Yeah the idea is to still have wifi as well indeed, in that case, I would just use a SIM router from Lazada together with a 1-1.5K monthly local sim.

We travel a bit to, so independent mobile unlimited is the best for us. 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

We travel a bit to, so independent mobile unlimited is the best for us. 

These things come in all kinds of variations, some are with a battery intended to bring along on holidays. I used to have the same in cambodia too back in 2016, i could just bring my router with me hehe.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I too am looking for an unlimited package. I haven't found a prepaid full speed unlimited package from AIS. What package do you have exactly?

27 minutes ago, AlwaysThere said:

I too am looking for an unlimited package. I haven't found a prepaid full speed unlimited package from AIS. What package do you have 

zeed Zim, and I'm sure we got F. Over by the AIS representative yesterday, saying it was unlimited on special terms. I will go and buy the D-tac.

It was the same with True last time, even asked no hidden terms, and unlimited they lie and confirm unlimited use, and don't give a <deleted>

20240919_153231.thumb.jpg.f8964f021f67d0dc1021775dbaa0d7c9.jpg  

At shop yesterday 

Screenshot_20240919_145401_Speedtest.jpg.592f1a3b25c5e520822c6d2bf7b08563.jpg

Today

Screenshot_20240920_112420_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.8005692d90c614d3a17b74997a3e41e6.jpg

Edited by Hummin

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

zeed Zim, and I'm sure we got F. Over by the AIS representative yesterday, saying it was unlimited on special terms. I will go and buy the D-tac 

It was the same with True last time, even asked no hidden terms, and unlimited they lie, and don't give a <deleted>

At shop yesterday 

Today

Screenshot_20240920_112420_Speedtest.thumb.jpg.8005692d90c614d3a17b74997a3e41e6.jpg

That's just a SIM. What's the package applied to that SIM? Should be in an SMS.

The ONLY truly unlimited package I've found from AIS, is capped at 10 Mbps; 482.50 baht.

If that is the one you have together with that SIM, you get 2GB per monthly top-up of at least 150 baht.

So the higher speed that you are seeing is that 2GB of free data.

22 hours ago, Hummin said:

If you've had good experiences with DTAC, take a look at https://finnmobile.io/en/promotions DTAC sub brand.

They have 20 Mbps unlimited from 259 baht. No contract. 429 baht for full speed unlimited. Since you wrote that you saw 8 to 20 before, the cheaper pack might be enough. Comes with a 200 minute call bundle for 299.

Found them whilst searching for unlimited data packs.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AlwaysThere said:

That's just a SIM. What's the package applied to that SIM? Should be in an SMS.

The ONLY truly unlimited package I've found from AIS, is capped at 10 Mbps; 482.50 baht.

If that is the one you have together with that SIM, you get 2GB per monthly top-up of at least 150 baht.

So the higher speed that you are seeing is that 2GB of free data.

We are heading back to the shop, and you are right, we paid 482 baht + 50 baht for the sim.

22 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Does anyone really need unlimited calls and texts these days? Why not pre-pay, maintain minimal balance and validity so that you could make the odd call and receive SMS. An add-on unlimited data pack can be bought for 1,800 baht (150 baht per month).

You need unlimited if you are one of the zombies you see every day. Face intently looing at the screen for the entire time they are awake. Normal people dont need it though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Photoguy21 said:

You need unlimited if you are one of the zombies you see every day. Face intently looing at the screen for the entire time they are awake. Normal people dont need it though.

Did you post only to insult? @Hummin needs 200GB per month. What's your solution?

• Thanks 1

Just now, AlwaysThere said:

Did you post only to insult? @Hummin needs 200GB per month. What's your solution?

A regular SIM is all you need unless you intend to be engrossed in your phone screen all day long. I assume you would use your phone only when there was a need so any SIM will do. If you feel you need a SIM that is unlimited can you explain what use you would be putting it to?

• Haha 1

Just now, Photoguy21 said:

A regular SIM is all you need unless you intend to be engrossed in your phone screen all day long. I assume you would use your phone only when there was a need so any SIM will do. If you feel you need a SIM that is unlimited can you explain what use you would be putting it to?

Is this the normal behaviour here? Where someone asks for help, but people like yourself post only unhelpful and insulting comments towards them? Why would you do that?

It's their primary gateway to the Internet. Didn't you read that?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

zeed Zim, and I'm sure we got F. Over by the AIS representative yesterday, saying it was unlimited on special terms. I will go and buy the D-tac.

It was the same with True last time, even asked no hidden terms, and unlimited they lie and confirm unlimited use, and don't give a <deleted>

At shop yesterday 

Today

You have to try different networks before you dive into a sim deal

4 minutes ago, AlwaysThere said:

Is this the normal behaviour here? Where someone asks for help, but people like yourself post only unhelpful and insulting comments towards them? Why would you do that?

It's their primary gateway to the Internet. Didn't you read that?

Don't botter, he doesn't understand people do not have access to wifi, and rely on their phones to watch TV and movies, and as well have meetings regularly via Zoom. I also use YouTube for entertainment while exercising in my homegym a couple of hours 5 days a week. 

46 minutes ago, AlwaysThere said:

Did they claim that it was a more than 10 Mbps package?

I am not sure what they claimed, since he told me I would have maximum wherever I went, and therefor I tested innthe shop before we left. As you see, more than 50mbs during the test in my previous post. 

4 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Ehh unlimited data for 150 baht per month? Right, at 56-128kbps speed lol.

you could get unlimited 1 year sim with 30Mbps
which is more than enough to stream 4K
most people have little reason to require duper fast speeds these days unless gaming or transferring large files etc
but phones simply have an overkill connection already these days when working as should.

not sure if 30Mbps sims still on offer but 15Mbps certainly are
and 15Mbps can stream 4K

Edited by patman30