Wise removes Long Stay Reason on Transfers

I just processed a transfer via Wise and had to use personal expenses as the reason as they have removed the Long Stay in Thailand. It looks like there will be problems with some transfers showing as domestic not international.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

I did a Wise transfer from UK three days ago and funds for long term stay in Thailand was still there at the bottom of the list. 

I would suggest it is not there now.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Captor said:

And what payment method??

Does it really matter what method you use to get your USD/GDB/EUR into your Wise account?

Once it's in there, you can either convert it there and then into say THB if the rate is better/good and send it as THB to THB, or let Wise convert it on the day you send it. 

The cost is roughly the same.

So now we must put for Buying Property instead of Long Term Stay?

Edited by KannikaP

I did a transfer from Aus$ on Wednesday and the Long Stay reason had disappeared, much to my alarm. Then I realized I was already well over the 65K฿ minimum so not to worry for this month at least.

So I decided on 'Rent or other property expenses' just to see what would happen - and it came out as foreign origin as usual in my BKK bank account.

Edited by mfd101
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Does it really matter what method you use to get your USD/GDB/EUR into your Wise account?

Once it's in there, you can either convert it there and then into say THB if the rate is better/good and send it as THB to THB, or let Wise convert it on the day you send it. 

The cost is roughly the same.

So now we must put for Buying Property instead of Long Term Stay?

Are we talking about wise ACCOUNT? I was thinking it's about transfers. I transfer money all the time without having a wise ACCOUNT were I can park money. And different options comes up with different payment methods. But I am not if different reasons comes up. Hence my question.