Newish Vegetarian Restaurant

fanciman

But the main reason I stopped was I grew tired of inconveniencing those around me, having to check with dinner hosts to make sure they had something I could eat, having long discussions with restaurant servers,

I find this surprising, I have rarely had this problem. What were you doing wrong? :D:o

Most people think im much younger than my age

Me too eek, I often get asked to show ID for alcohol although I am 10 years overage! Sometimes even cigarettes!!!

Keep your youthful looks - go vege!!! :D

So soy is the only vegetable source of protein available I guess?...ahem, I think not.

I never said that. :o I suggested it was the usual principal source for vegetarians, a personal observation based on 24 years of hanging out with vegetarians.

Plenty of spinach, broccoli and other dark green veggies keeps the anemia at bay!

Compare heme to non-heme dietary sources of iron

I often get asked to show ID for alcohol although I am 10 years overage! Sometimes even cigarettes!!!

Keep your youthful looks - go vege!!! smile.gif

Another thing that's irksome about the dining company of vegetarians (esp the cigarette-smoking ones) is their tendency towards self-congratulation. :D I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions :D

In my observation most vegetarians don't maintain a more balanced diet than most carnivores, and in many cases quite the opposite. Most of the vegetarians I know don't look any healthier than their carnivore counterparts, and some I know look a good deal less healthy. I know plenty of overweight (or underweight) or otherwise unhealthy vegans and vegetarians, esp the latter. Dietary health isn't a simple veg vs non-veg issue.

• 1 year later...

I have been a vegetarian for 5 years +. My friends say I still look like a teenager. My mum says I have better skin than a lot of ladies.

Coming from a multi-cultural place like Singapore, we often have Muslim friends and Indian friends who have their own dietary restrictions too - Muslims do not eat pork while Hindu Indians do not eat beef. Some Chinese people refrain from eating beef for some reason too. I don't think it is a big deal to accommodate each other's dietary needs.

I know a few people who have told me it is troublesome eating with me because they have to be consider my dietary needs. I have a friend who told me he has a friend who quit being vegetarian because he was "stressing" his friends and it was affecting his social life. Although I know I am "stressing" my non-veggie friends, I know it is only a minor inconvenience and it should not be a big problem for them because I am very flexible when I am at a non-veggie restaurant. I almost always find a way to customize certain orders for my own needs.

Some Thai/Chin. vegetarian restaurants just taste so good I get cravings, especially after a day with a big meat meal. I like the variety. My favorite veg. res. is on Wualie, just past the Wua statues. Haven't tried at Wat Suan dok yet, maybe today.

So, the veggie restaurant that does the ace khao soi is the small one, on street level, rather than the large one that you need to step up to, is that right?

I don't like the large one. Too much of the "vegetarian" stuff there has something like egg or milk or even ham in.

Is there a Vegetarian sign on the warawot road restaurant?

I think the best khao soi is in Aum, by Tae Pae gate.

The avocados seem to be of poor quality in blue diamond just recently... maybe its the end of the season or something. And the 'attitude' of the owner is declining, over the years...

Yes the "attitude" of the owner of Blue Diamond has really gone down hill......