Mother in Tears: Daughter Dies in Russia, Family Struggles to Bring Ashes Home

Georgealbert

16 hours ago, connda said:

Ex-Russian-Defense Minister, Sergei Shoigu, is a Buddhist.

"Shoigu stated in 2008 that he was baptized in the Russian Orthodox Church at the age of five, rebutting rumors that he was a practitioner of shamanism or Buddhism like many Tuvans"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Shoigu

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuvans

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Celsius said:

I live here because it is better for me financially. As soon as that stops being the case I will be out of here.....and back to Canada or Serbia or wherever I fancy. I do not pretent Thailand is a great place just because I am stuck here.

I did a Canadian PR for my wife last year. The only reason we are back is because she has an awesome job thanks to her non selfish parents who were also poor but did not send her away to prostitute herself and instead worked hard to invest in her education.

But i guess that is the difference between Thai and Chinese culture.

And what is the difference between Thai and Chinese culture perhaps you can elaborate to enlighten those in doubt? 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I've been here over 6 years, but knew about this country for years beforehand, and what I heard isn't as bad as what I've seen since I've been here. Children left by fathers and then mothers, has been going on for decades, and it's been wrong all along. Thailand has more children raised by grandparents than any other country by a very wide margin.

This is why so many juvenile delinquents run around here with machetes , knives and sticks, 5 against 1, and molest more girls here than any other developed country besides the Middle East., and maybe India. Also why so many children are driving scooters at 8 years old, without helmets.

If this country had the morals of western countries, more children would be excelling in school, and then in life, instead of failing in both. Men would be forced, by paying support, to help the children they conceive, instead of left to breed without repercussions. Children would have fathers at least in the sense of support, instead of mothers using that excuse to leave their kids with grandparents, who in a lot of cases are illiterate, too old, or not capable of raising children in a safe environment and teaching them respect for life. Grandparents aren't supposed to be parents to children unless both of the children's parents are gone, or dead. There is no excuses for leaving your children with others besides laziness or indifference.

With indifference from the father side, the mother had to go earn to support her kids and that is normally viable only in cities . Thailand childcare at work is almost non existent so the mother had to leave her kids with minders who are usually her parents. Being Thai buddhists, the parents will oblige due to their belief in their karma. After all they brought into this world their daughter who due to karma, had to suffer the consequences. 

On 9/22/2024 at 4:30 AM, Georgealbert said:

Pawinee, a licensed Thai massage therapist, had traveled to Russia in October 2022 to earn a better living for her family.

I know a lot of old men here that let there younger woman go abroad to 'earn better money'. They either must be idiots or swingers !

3 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

That's pathetic. I'm not Putin's friend. However, there is a long traditional Russian culture with significant impact on Western culture and politics. 

There is no question that Russian history, culture and art is incredibly deep and incredibly rich, this is the land that has produced the Bolshoi and the Kirov, Nobokov, Stravinsky, Malevich, Popova, Kandinski, etc. 

But most of that is ancient history, these days they're producing munitions, they're creating warfare, they are sponsoring corruption, they're creating oligarchs out of thin air from state enterprises, they have a leader who's one of the richest men in the world from extortion and pure corruption, who also happens to be a serial killer, and they just do not seem to be contributing much in the way of positivity to the planet as a whole. If I'm wrong, if you are aware of some wonderful things that the Russian nation is doing for the planet, please let me know. I would love to hear about that. 

Whatever existed to the great Russian culture was destroyed over a century of callous and murderous leadership. Stalin, Lenin, Khruschev, now Putin. They have become somewhat savage and crude. No grace, no finesse, no courtesy. Rather uncivilized.

My family was from Russia a few generations back. I used to ask my great-grandmother when she was still around, why they didn't teach us anything about the old country. She would give me this look, and tell me "the reason we never taught you about the place we came from, is because the place we came from was the most horrific country on earth, it was the most destitute, horrible, oppressive place and we were thrilled to finally get out of there and leave it behind. That's why we don't teach you about the old country, the old country doesn't exist for us. 

And Russia does not exist for me. They are a boil on the face of humanity. 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Very sad....but personally I've never understood the obsession with bringing bodies home.

None of our family have any kind of memorial, grave etc.

We just have the bodies burned in whichever country they happened to die....... and that's it.

I think this sad story is more about having a death certificate so that whatever estate of the deceased can be accessed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I know a lot of old men here that let there younger woman go abroad to 'earn better money'. They either must be idiots or swingers !

I did it for the amazing peace and quiet.

On 9/22/2024 at 4:30 AM, Georgealbert said:

they have received little guidance on how to proceed. Local labour volunteers have only been able to file requests with provincial labour offices, but progress has been slow.

Why aren't they going through the Thai embassy?  People die all'a time, embassies assist with repatriation, not 'local volunteers.'

https://moscow.thaiembassy.org/en/index

Shipping ashes can be done via some express delivery services, or hand carried by air.

https://thailand.go.th/issue-focus-detail/001_01_183

Current budget flights, roundtrip Bangkok-Moskau is under 20,000 baht on China Eastern.

AFAIK at least few dozens "licensed Thai massage therapist" flies there weekly. Many later move on to Dubai, private estates, as fat old man's babysitters. Whenever they got health issues nobody cares, when they "suddenly" die they are being dumped like a pets - it is a big country and to get rid of the body is not an issue. 

Embassy? please!

I know it is heartless, but who would care about licensed Thai massage therapist (yeah sure!) abroad? Few years ago the decayed body of such therapist was found on the shore of one of those baltic states (forgot the name) floating for many days. 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no question that Russian history, culture and art is incredibly deep and incredibly rich, this is the land that has produced the Bolshoi and the Kirov, Nobokov, Stravinsky, Malevich, Popova, Kandinski, etc. 

But most of that is ancient history, these days they're producing munitions, they're creating warfare, they are sponsoring corruption, they're creating oligarchs out of thin air from state enterprises, they have a leader who's one of the richest men in the world from extortion and pure corruption, who also happens to be a serial killer, and they just do not seem to be contributing much in the way of positivity to the planet as a whole. If I'm wrong, if you are aware of some wonderful things that the Russian nation is doing for the planet, please let me know. I would love to hear about that. 

There are Salnikov or Akunin, or Ivanov as writers and the Nobel prize winners in the last 20 years (Physics, Chemistry).

You can't blame hundred of thousands Russian for their leader. 

In Russian History Putin's time is like a fly <deleted>.

I'm 100 % convinced that THE Russians want to live in peace as any other populace in the world. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/22/2024 at 12:05 PM, Will B Good said:

Very sad....but personally I've never understood the obsession with bringing bodies home.

None of our family have any kind of memorial, grave etc.

We just have the bodies burned in whichever country they happened to die....... and that's it.

Your family must be very adventurous! Possibly for many the change from burial to cremation came about due to family graves becoming full? I recall that from around 1963 Catholics were allowed to be cremated. I only knew one family in UK who kept cremation urns on their mantlepiece. According to the church they should be interred in consecrated ground. The family urns here in Thailand were kept in my mother-in-laws house until she died when we purchased a column for the local temple.