Drive (a bar girl) from Pattaya to Burriam. Help.

advancebooking

29 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

He will probably end up in Mae Sai.

IME asking directions of a Thai has about a 33.333% chance of getting a correct answer.

If you ask them in English probably lower.

If you use Thai a lot higher.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My statistic is based on speaking to them in Thai.

Gee you must speak it well.

How do you say “Take the first right after the hardware shop, then keep left at the fork, then go straight for 3.5 kms until you reach a sharp bend then turn right and continue until you hit the second uturn and then turn right at the Kanom jeen restaurant. It is the fourth building on the left”

13 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Can anyone give me basic directions how to get out of Pattaya in the right direction

Oh, it's you again. 

I remember you asking how to get from Nana/Sukhumvit out of Bangkok. 

Put here on the bus, heading south, just after Pattaya Klang, nice 5 star (Gold class) bus, Nakhonchaiair. About 400 baht, 

IMG_20240923_101929.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

You might need to get clarification on where in Buriram, some say they live there but it could actually be in the middle of nowhere quite a distance from the city. Do you have a 4 wheel drive?

Maybe your wife can help asking directions during the trip.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, advancebooking said:

Im not in Pattaya right now and cant work out how to use google maps making pattaya the start destination and burriam the end. Its all too hard. 

Maybe you are not qualified for the job. Google maps is really sooooo complicated.

Maybe ask her if she has a brother who can help her.

Edited by OneMoreFarang

12 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Has to be a troll post given you have similar threads already. How does anyone today not know how to use google maps that tells you exactly how to get there

There might be some people who grew up with maps and never (had to) use Google maps or something similar.

Until about 15 years ago most of us used maps, for many years, and it worked just fine.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Gee you must speak it well.

How do you say “Take the first right after the hardware shop, then keep left at the fork, then go straight for 3.5 kms until you reach a sharp bend then turn right and continue until you hit the second uturn and then turn right at the Kanom jeen restaurant. It is the fourth building on the left”

Perhaps I omitted to mention I usually have my Thai GF with me as well, if directions get as complicated as you describe.

I could probably cope with leo qua, leo sy, drong bai, ran hardware, ran ahan, baan ber see. Forks and bends would be a bit beyond me.

I do have the advantage of being able to read maps, and most Thai highways have the signs in English as well as Thai.

Most of these girls are experts with their phones so just get to Pattaya, and have her set up your map for you.

She must be pretty special for you to be chauffering her, rather than giving her the 150 baht for the bus. 

Drive to Don Muaeng, fly and then rent a car at Buriram airport.

Avoid soi minibus (the visa run road to the Cambodian border) it is full of road works. 

Take the Chachoengsao road through Kabin Buri then the 24/218 if you require Muang Buriram.