Switching from Embassy affidavit to 800K deposit Non O

I’ve always renewed my Non O with an affidavit of income from my embassy.

But next time I renew (Aug 2025) I want to change to the 800k deposit method.

I have the 800k in a Kasikorn Savings account since 2 months before I renewed this time, (Aug 2024) but I didn’t tell them about that, I used the Embassy affidavit method to get the extension.

**The Question**: In Aug 2025, I’ll change from affidavit to 800K deposit, is Immigration going to want to see the 800K since Aug 2024? Or for the two months before Aug 2025?

50 minutes ago, Khun Roberto said:

*The Question**: In Aug 2025, I’ll change from affidavit to 800K deposit, is Immigration going to want to see the 800K since Aug 2024? Or for the two months before Aug 2025?

Seems that you did not do the monthly transfers from Aug 24 (your current extension) 

I would have done it differently.

Continued the transfers and 2 months prior to Aug 25 have 800k in Thailand bank account also continued the transfers up till application for next extension.

Currently I'm doing the reverse to yourself and doing both methods simultaneously. 

Satisfying money in bank and will show 12  transfers at my next extension. 

1 hour ago, Tod Daniels said:

In theory, because it is the first time you were using banked money method for proof of financials it should be seasoned for just 2 months before you apply for the next extension.

BUT

We all know how theory can go out the window dealing with Thai immigrations.

I would get the yearly transaction detail print out from your bank, which will show how long you had the funds in for,

but

I would try to apply for the extension with only showing 2 months of bank balance.

Only bring out the year transaction detail report if they give you grief about the seasoning.

Right? Theory and practice are not always the same.

Right? Theory and practice are not always the same.

When you’re new to the system, with the 800K method, you only have to prove two months prior, but once you’re in the system you’ve got to prove 12 months prior. The 800k/400k/800k over the past year.

If you’re new to the system with the affidavit method, they aren’t looking at the past. Your affidavit just says “That’s what this guy gets every month.”

14 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

If you have an Embassy Income Letter do you really need to comply with the 65k/m deposits as well.

I've used the Embassy Income Letter for years and never had any monthly deposit.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Currently I'm doing the reverse to yourself and doing both methods simultaneously. 

Why? please.

45 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems that you did not do the monthly transfers from Aug 24 (your current extension) 

Continued the transfers and 2 months prior to Aug 25 have 800k in Thailand bank account also continued the transfers up till application for next extension.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I’ve never done the monthly transfers, only the embassy affidavit.

This last time I renewed, I started what you are planning, the simultaneous method.

I had the 800k in the bank, seasoned for over two months, but didn’t show it. I used the embassy letter.

So next time I renew, I will have both options, the letter OR the affidavit.

But… I want to spend some of the 800k for a couple of months, and it’s not past the three months since renewal Aug 4th, even though I didn’t use 800k method to renew.

So if it drops a little bit below 800k it would violate the 3 month after rule, but I didn’t use it for this renewal, I hope to use it for next one, which theoretically would be only 2 months. 

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Why? please.

I think most of us who want to change method, for whatever personal reason, figure it’s best to use the simultaneous method, like DrJack and I am doing, because it’s unclear what Immigration will decide when it comes to the day we need to renew. Best cover both options.

My query is: really how much do I need to keep in the bank?

33 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Why? please.

Another thing is that Embassy’s change the rules.

My embassy still does the affidavit, but that could change.

Other embassies used to do the affidavit and stopped.

That could (has) leave (left) some of us with a sudden surprise when we’re suddenly unable to renew. 😮

12 minutes ago, Khun Roberto said:

Another thing is that Embassy’s change the rules.

My embassy still does the affidavit, but that could change.

Other embassies used to do the affidavit and stopped.

That could (has) leave (left) some of us with a sudden surprise when we’re suddenly unable to renew. 😮

Yep, the UK stopped the áffidavits' because their content could not be proved.

So three options left. 800/400/800k in the bank, 65k per month international, or a Combination of the two, if allowed eg. 400k in the bank and 35k per month.

I started regular deposits just before last extension which was based on income letter from consulate.

Why?

1) Want to avoid the effort with the consulate (don't live in Bangkok or Pattaya). 12 month deposit can all be done locally.

2) Always afraid consulate might stop issuing for lazyness/careless about their people abroad.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Both? I need to know all the options......

My reason for changing to income method is that not married to long term Thai partner and want her to have no issue getting access to the 800k. 

With income method I have 120k transfered every month from my Oz bank and WISE transfer to my Thai Bank. 

As soon as it hits gets transfered into her account. 

Regarding reason for currently doing both methods is that since my mob AU does not provide income letter from embassy I need to show 12 monthly transfers at my next extension and I also need to adhere to financial requirements for current extension using money in bank method. Hence the overlap

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

if you extended on Aug 24 using the monthly transfers, then you will need to have 12 monthly transfers when you wish to change  next year.  That has been how it was explained to me as I used to do the monthly transfers too.  But, with all the changes in visas recently, to be sure you should contact immigration unless some "expert" on the renewal methods see this  and  advises you...I thought that is who is here answering you already but ...

• Like 1

Another thing is this new threat of possible income taxation on foreigners, or at least having to file paperwork to avoid the taxation.

If you’re advertising that you’re bringing in 100k or whatever every month, that leaves a paper trail.

800k deposit or Embassy affidavit avoids monthly transfers.

2 minutes ago, Presnock said:

if you extended on Aug 24 using the monthly transfers, then you will need to have 12 monthly transfers when you wish to change  next year.  That has been how it was explained to me as I used to do the monthly transfers too.  But, with all the changes in visas recently, to be sure you should contact immigration unless some "expert" on the renewal methods see this  and  advises you...I thought that is who is here answering you already but ...

I think like DrJack. 

Simultaneous method until new method is accepted. 

Like a monkey swinging through the jungle, don't let go of one vine until you have the other vine firmly in hand.