5K to couch potato.......

Will B Good

Have done it the correct way a few times.......but refuse to road-run where we live now.....soi dogs, mental kids on motorbikes, crazy drivers.

Can anyone recommend a treadmill......I do 5km in around 25 mins (eventually)

Not looking for anything fancy.....just something that is wide enough and long enough to run comfortably without being fearful of falling off.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.....thinking of a guide price of around 20k if that helps.

Cheers

Stationary bike would be less impact on your joints.  Have one and prefer that over treadmill.   Lost quite a bit of weight using mine, and haven't needed in quite some time, as other changes keep me in my ideal weight area.  Use to do 20 minutes a day, just after waking.  Should start up again, as that metabolism boost seems to last all day.

Better would be a 'ski machine', as had a NordicTrack machine in USA, and best thing ever for exercise, for me, though took a while to get used to.  Haven't a clue where you'd get one here.

edit; scratch the nordictrack, damn expensive and don't even think they offer the type I had, that was 40 ish years ago.

image.png.939c928735e8c43a3bdd84c9c139fcaa.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Stationary bike would be less impact on your joints.  Have one and prefer that over treadmill.   Lost quite a bit of weight using mine, and haven't needed in quite some time, as other changes keep me in my ideal weight area.  Use to do 20 minutes a day, just after waking.  Should start up again, as that metabolism boost seems to last all day.

Better would be a 'ski machine', as had a NordicTrack machine in USA, and best thing ever for exercise, for me, though took a while to get used to.  Haven't a clue where you'd get one here.

Thanks for that......I hate exercising.....happy to play competitive sport for hours, but that's not an option.

I have tried the stationary bike, Ski machines and rowing machines.......but get drawn back to the treadmill as the least hated form of exercise.

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Thanks for that........is that one you have used or seen being used?

I was staggered by how many are on the market and ended up with analysis paralysis....hence this post.

I'm actually looking for one myself at the moment. With this rain I don't walk outside and even going to the gym 5 minutes down the road is unattractive.

I'm also considering a recumbent bike.

Just now, Cameroni said:

I'm actually looking for one myself at the moment. With this rain I don't walk outside and even going to the gym 5 minutes down the road is unattractive.

To actually ride on the road.....surely not?......very brave if that's the case!!!!

This looks like the one i bought 2 years ago .  Works good and no problems .   Pretty darn good .  My receipt says its a model Dyno D3 .   I saw in person at Irontec shop in Chiangmai .   Paid 19k baht ..... they delivered  ( it is very heavy ) 

https://www.irontec.co/product/treadmill-duo/

note: the one shown here MIGHT be a model slightly smaller than the one I got ( looks similar but i remember there was one at showroom smaller than the one i chose )

Edited by rumak