Residence Certificate in Jomtien

XGM

How long does it currently take to get a Residence Certificate in Jomtien's immigration? I recall that the normal time is two weeks but that there is an "expedited process" for a fee in some immigration branches.

And what the required documents? is the following correct:

- Passport

- Rental agreement

- 4x6 photos

- Copies of passport front page, visa, entry stamp, TM30, TM6

16 minutes ago, XGM said:

How long does it currently take to get a Residence Certificate in Jomtien's immigration? 

- Rental agreement 

Submit application morning, receive afternoon. 

I use blue house book. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is the 'formal' list I received from Jomtien info desk yesterday.

Seems like a TM30 means no need for blue book or lease (makes sense as you already gave them to get the TM30)

20240924_142955.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just got back from jumping through the (ever increasing) hoops at Jomtien,  before they let you apply for the residence certificate   you have to "report address"   using these documents    I thought I did that every 90 days already  but was told in no uncertain terms that it's "different" !!

P_20240924_140925.thumb.jpg.bdc72173cbdc662722c1ee401a890be8.jpg

then go back get another queue number  and submit the documents

that @Pattaya57  posted above

photos are 2 x passport sized photos.

fee is 300 baht   and maybe pickup same day if you go early  but as I went later  they said come back tomorrow after 10AM

"special certificate of residence form"

Certificate_Of_Residence_latest_form.thumb.jpg.f88e2e39036433351b7609f17f54e527.jpg

what a palaver !!!!!

Edited by johng
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, johng said:

The most important bit of paper.

redacted_reportaddress.thumb.jpg.1a2b6275bdac7b58e6ae6fc903fe4731.jpg

This is the TM30. It's in the list of necessary documents. 

If you had your 90-day report notification, it's the TM47, which is not necessary.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can always use an agent if the paperwork is too much hassle...

I did that a year ago. I'd just got back from 6 weeks in the UK and had arranged to buy a new car almost as soon as I returned, so I needed a residence certificate. I also had a new passport which had to be entered in the Immigration system and the visa stamps transferred before I could do the residence certificate. That meant two trips to desk 8 in Soi 5, and between the jet lag and seeing the dealer, plus a trip to the bank to get a cashier's cheque, I really didn't want to waste more time getting the residence certificate. I used a German guy whose office is just a few hundred yards away from the village where I live. He took photos of me and my passport but didn't want any actual paperwork (I already had a valid TM30 slip stapled in the passport), relieved me of some money, and the next day the residence certificate was ready in his office. There are occasions when it really is worth paying an agent to do this stuff for you, but it's up to you to judge when that is

27 minutes ago, MART said:

This is the TM30. It's in the list of necessary documents.

I fail to see how it is any different from the 90 day reports that I have been doing for years without ever changing the address  I have never been asked for this  "TM30" before.

I had the blue house book and copies of it but they where not  having anything of it  unless I got the special bit of paper first..so once again they said jump and  we ask how high ? 😧

So tomorrow I'll go back and hopefully get the other  bit of very important paper so that I can then go to the Department Of Land Transportation and   see how high they want me to jump there too.😋

26 minutes ago, Guderian said:

You can always use an agent if the paperwork is too much hassle...

I'm not quite there yet  I like to know the exact procedure having tread the torturous path myself I can then opine on internet forums (like this one) about it, although more and more it seems I must just be a masochist :w00t: 😋