Uk passport photos not countersigned

1 minute ago, offset said:

I do not have anybody to countersign my photos for a UK passport renewal. Has anybody renewed their passport without photos being countersigned 

Yes I have several times and most people do not need a countersignature. Only if your appearance has changed and cannot be recognised from the previous photo. It's all explained in the application form.

Just now, Upnotover said:

Yes I have several times and most people do not need a countersignature. Only if your appearance has changed and cannot be recognised from the previous photo. It's all explained in the application form.

So if you grow a beard, men only, wear glasses and go bald, you may need a signature. 

But how does facial recognition technology work. They can pick a face out of a football or riot crowd.

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So if you grow a beard, men only, wear glasses and go bald, you may need a signature. 

But how does facial recognition technology work. They can pick a face out of a football or riot crowd.

Peoples faces can change a lot in ten years and those changes may cause the facial recognition apparatus not to work 

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Peoples faces can change a lot in ten years and those changes may cause the facial recognition apparatus not to work 

Yes, totally agree, so that's why I asked the question.

A bit silly that a baby needs a passport, and it is valid for 5 years, using the same photo. 

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Yes, totally agree, so that's why I asked the question.

A bit silly that a baby needs a passport, and it is valid for 5 years, using the same photo. 

I think they use the eyes mostly for childrens passport recognition