Paradise, anyone?

swissie

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In that case, my advice is to do whatever it takes to keep wife happy. An unhappy wife is hell- I speak from experience.

18+ years ... I think it's working.   

But I do have to disagree with you, as my philosophy, is, the wife has to keep me happy also, it mutual.   The first 3 failed miserably.  Nothing worse than not being appreciated ... bye bye bi-atches .... NEXT :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA

16 hours ago, Hummin said:

Hell and paradise is on earth, it is up to you, to create your paradise or hell. There is no afterlife, sorry

The reason there is a paradise afterwards is because there are a select few here that make this a hell, no matter what you do . You can work your arse off all your life here, doing a job that helps society, and end up with very little, especially if you are taking care of a family. You can also rape the earth, scam people, throw families out of their homes, move money around for other rich, sell people for profit, deal drugs, and do other useless jobs9Except for you and other rich people), and end up with a mansion and cocaine parties with beautiful greedy women, and you won't make it into paradise. God would surely not make all of us and expect us to do good, follow his laws, and end up with nothing after we pass.

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My genetics predispose me to get fat, but I like junk food. I want to eat loads of sugar. I don't want to eat "healthy" food- it's boring, bland and unenjoyable.

In paradise I can eat sugar all day and not get fat.

I'm guessing you haven't tried the multitudes of healthy, delicious food that the world has available. Sugar blinds your taste buds to real tastes. When you get addicted to sugar and salt, along with chili, you lose the ability to enjoy the full flavors of food. Italian food is the best, to me, and it's not all unhealthy fattening food. Neither is Japanese, Korean, South American, Indian, Seafood, Asian and others. Not quite as boring as you would think. Texas BBQ, Indian Curry, Sushi, Meatball Parmigiana, Veal Parmigiana, New York pizza with mushrooms and Italian sausage, Cheese Omelette, T-Bone steak, Shrimp Scampi, Broiled Swordfish, Wagyu Beef cheeseburger with onions, just to name a few that aren't unhealthy and delicious. If you limit your calories and usually eat healthy, you won't get fat and you'll enjoy the foods life has available.

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

The reason there is a paradise afterwards is because there are a select few here that make this a hell, no matter what you do . You can work your arse off all your life here, doing a job that helps society, and end up with very little, especially if you are taking care of a family. You can also rape the earth, scam people, throw families out of their homes, move money around for other rich, sell people for profit, deal drugs, and do other useless jobs9Except for you and other rich people), and end up with a mansion and cocaine parties with beautiful greedy women, and you won't make it into paradise. God would surely not make all of us and expect us to do good, follow his laws, and end up with nothing after we pass.

That's the ideal idea to prevent the 7 death sins, but the church ruined it by giving people the opportunity to pay themselves out, and also, if you ask about forgiveness and embrace and accept Jesus in last minute you pass!

Your and the religious idea is corrupt. Sorry, but you got this life, right here right now to do your best, and excuses do not help anyone for not succeeding.

Every place have its set of rules to success, and we in the west (many countries who is rich, no corruption, free schools, offers good jobs, and possibilities) still manage to not make it because we are to lazy to comfortable to do what it takes to succeed. 

Off course we have people with disabilities and mental challenges who needs help, but then you have accept your unfortunate situation and still try to make the best out of it.

Jealousy and greed is two of the biggest drawbacks in this world.

People are jealous of people who succeeded, and try to bring them down for any price, even they pay back to the community 

Just now, Hummin said:

That's the ideal idea to prevent the 7 death sins, but the church ruined it by giving people the opportunity to pay themselves out, and also, if you ask about forgiveness and embrace and accept Jesus in last minute you pass!

Your and the religious idea is corrupt. Sorry, but you got this life, right here right now to do your best, and excuses do not help anyone for not succeeding.

Every place have its set of rules to success, and we in the west (many countries who is rich, no corruption, free schools, offers good jobs, and possibilities) still manage to not make it because we are to lazy to comfortable to do what it takes to succeed. 

Off course we have people with disabilities and mental challenges who needs help, but then you have accept your unfortunate situation and still try to make the best out of it.

Jealousy and greed is two of the biggest drawbacks in this world.

People are jealous of people who succeeded, and try to bring them down for any price, even they pay back to the community 

Accepting Jesus just before you pass isn't quite going to help you, if you don't repent of what you've done all your life. God isn't a fool. All the people in the west aren't rich. In fact most just get by and have severe debt, and there is quite a bit of corruption in all countries, although it is higher in poorer countries like this one. Good jobs there have lots of competition, and there are thousands of homeless in western countries, something that people here don't quite get. Countries aren't rich. People are, and the ones with the most money usually aren't helping others besides using it as a tax write off. I don't have a religious idea. I believe in God and his laws make sense. He made everything, and has the right to govern what we do. Some, meaning many people, are rich because they hurt others, in one way or another. Nothing to be jealous of, because karma gets everyone in the end, and you can't fool God.

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Accepting Jesus just before you pass isn't quite going to help you, if you don't repent of what you've done all your life. God isn't a fool. All the people in the west aren't rich. In fact most just get by and have severe debt, and there is quite a bit of corruption in all countries, although it is higher in poorer countries like this one. Good jobs there have lots of competition, and there are thousands of homeless in western countries, something that people here don't quite get. Countries aren't rich. People are, and the ones with the most money usually aren't helping others besides using it as a tax write off. I don't have a religious idea. I believe in God and his laws make sense. He made everything, and has the right to govern what we do. Some, meaning many people, are rich because they hurt others, in one way or another. Nothing to be jealous of, because karma gets everyone in the end, and you can't fool God.

We have discussed this over and over en the believe on God tread, and this tread is about the earth paradise while we still living. At least a more based on individual subjective opinions what is my purpose and idea of my paradise here and now.

Just now, Hummin said:

We have discussed this over and over en the believe on God tread, and this tread is about the earth paradise while we still living. At least a more based on individual subjective opinions what is my purpose and idea of my paradise here and now.

The OP asked what paradise should be. Most people look at paradise as something we get after we pass. Some think they have paradise on earth, but paradise excludes disease, old age, pain, surrounded by all the money you need for anything you want, and friends you can trust. Who has that here? No paradise here. Some have a good life, but no one gets out of here alive, meaning it isn't paradise and isn't supposed to be. That's the main reason God allows so much crapola to happen. So we can look forward to a better place after we die. Paradise. Some here have a lot of "things" they can't take with them when they die. Can't buy health, love, respect r happiness with money. Just temporary things.

The OP asked what paradise should be. Most people look at paradise as something we get after we pass. Some think they have paradise on earth, but paradise excludes disease, old age, pain, surrounded by all the money you need for anything you want, and friends you can trust. Who has that here? No paradise here. Some have a good life, but no one gets out of here alive, meaning it isn't paradise and isn't supposed to be. That's the main reason God allows so much crapola to happen. So we can look forward to a better place after we die. Paradise. Some here have a lot of "things" they can't take with them when they die. Can't buy health, love, respect r happiness with money. Just temporary things.

Disease, old age and pain is what my 92 year old grandmother is going through now. I just met her a few weeks ago again. Her suffering is great.

This is the most terrifying thing, that disease, old age, pain, death and the conversion to dust awaits us all.

Just now, Cameroni said:

Disease, old age and pain is what my 92 year old grandmother is going through now. I just met her a few weeks ago again. Her suffering is great.

This is the most terrifying thing, that disease, old age, pain, death and the conversion to dust awaits us all.

True, aging isn't always pain free. This is why faith has us looking at a better place with no pain afterwards. I hated seeing my parents in pain as they aged, and my body tells me I'm not that young anymore. I'm guessing we'll all get the answers we seek when we meet God.

I'm sorry to tell you, you are a victim of false marketing!

Some think Pattaya is a Paradise, and some egoistic people cintinue to advertise Pattaya as a paradise for older men, but I see Pattaya as a tragedy for most people who live and earn money in the grey and call it black markeds. 

People becomes victims in that city, and because of the nature of Pattaya, many who come to experience the socalled paradise fail to, because they do not understand the nature of the sin city.

I know this will be a popular post, so bring it on 😄

Sorry, but prostitution, alchohol and drugs, scams, do not bring happiness to people, unless you already corrupted and gone heartless.

Black hearth city

At once we understand we are tribal animals, and follow the our instincts for good and bad mostly controlled by the environment we are in at the time, then many people will start to brake the code for happiness and find their paradise.

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I'm sorry to tell you, you are a victim of false marketing!

Some think Pattaya is a Paradise, and some egoistic people cintinue to advertise Pattaya as a paradise for older men, but I see Pattaya as a tragedy for most people who live and earn money in the grey and call it black markeds. 

People becomes victims in that city, and because of the nature of Pattaya, many who come to experience the socalled paradise fail to, because they do not understand the nature of the sin city.

I know this will be a popular post, so bring it on 😄

Sorry, but prostitution, alchohol and drugs, scams, do not bring happiness to people, unless you already corrupted and gone heartless.

Black hearth city

At once we understand we are tribal animals, and follow the our instincts for good and bad mostly controlled by the environment we are in at the time, then many people will start to brake the code for happiness and find their paradise.

I'm not as victim of anything besides bad judgement in finding a girlfriend here, then wife. I'm not near gullible and don't trust anyone unless they prove themselves, and go by facts instead of opinions. How am I a victim of false marketing if you're stating that Pattaya, for one, isn't the paradise some make it sound like.? I'm saying there is no paradise here, that you can make a good life for yourself if you pick a good partner, work hard and stay out of trouble, but you'll still succumb to disease, old age and death, and most will not get what they want in life. They might get what they need, but everyone wants more, including the greedy rich who seem to have everything. The things you mentioned I'm agreeing with. Paradise isn't here but you might have a decent life if you don't take what you have for granted.

21 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm not as victim of anything besides bad judgement in finding a girlfriend here, then wife. I'm not near gullible and don't trust anyone unless they prove themselves, and go by facts instead of opinions. How am I a victim of false marketing if you're stating that Pattaya, for one, isn't the paradise some make it sound like.? I'm saying there is no paradise here, that you can make a good life for yourself if you pick a good partner, work hard and stay out of trouble, but you'll still succumb to disease, old age and death, and most will not get what they want in life. They might get what they need, but everyone wants more, including the greedy rich who seem to have everything. The things you mentioned I'm agreeing with. Paradise isn't here but you might have a decent life if you don't take what you have for granted.

My finger pointing at you as a victim of false marketing, was about your beliefs in a God as in the Bible, and the Bible as a true book, given to us by God through good humans. 

For some Pattaya is a paradise, or anywhere on this planet, and for some others, the very same place can be hell.

Simple as that, it is just a matter of who you are.

If you haven't taken advantage of someone or the system, then you or anyone else should feel provoked by my previous post. 

You can live in hell and make it your paradise, and you can live in Paradise and make it your hell.

I prefer to live a good life at my home, and visit my paradise once and awhile. Makes the taste of paradise better, and my mind doesn't get corrupted so easily.

Edited by Hummin
  • Agree 1

Just now, Hummin said:

My finger pointing at you as a victim of false marketing, was about your beliefs in a God as in the Bible, and the Bible as a true book, given to us by God through good humans. 

For some Pattaya is a paradise, or anywhere on this planet, and for some others, the very same place can be hell.

Si.ple as that, it is just a matter of who you are.

If you haven't taken advantage of someone or the system, then not you are any other should feel provoked by my previous post. 

You can live in hell and make it your paradise, and you can live in Paradise and make it your hell. Even neither of those places to. 

I prefer to live a good life at my home, and visit my paradise once and awhile. Makes the taste of paradise better, and my mind doesn't get corrupted so easily.

Best not to argue religion or the belief, or non belief, in God, as neither side can prove otherwise, besides what we see daily as the miracle of life, and there isn't a way possible that all of it came from nothing. That can bring arguments that always end up the same way. Someone is wrong and someone is right, and the only way we'll all know is when we die. I don't believe in God because anyone brainwashed me, nor that all in the Bible is real, because it seems some might not be. I believe from faith, common sense and hope there's something better than all the sh*t we see daily.

4 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I do envy the faith and hope religious people can have, regarding an afterlife.

It must be very consoling.

Going out as a candle is consoling to. No more, gone for ever,.back to black, dust to dust of small small atoms. 

Paradise is the temperature is always 25 Centigrade, 50% cloud cover, a nice bungalow set in a large garden with a river one side and a lake on the other, with many different fish to catch. a nearby social club with many interesting people in it, and attractive women who like company for the night. it only rains after midnight, so is dry by mid morning.

Actually, you should have to work for a few hours every few days, at something you enjoy. Paradise still needs maintenance!