Drunken ex-official assaults child in Sing Buri restaurant brawl

snoop1130

drunk-3-1.jpg

A former local government official, visibly drunk, caused a scene at a Sing Buri restaurant in central Thailand by assaulting a four year old boy, leading to a brawl with the child’s father. The incident occurred around 10.20pm yesterday, September 25, at a restaurant in Sing Buri City.

The restaurant had two occupied tables: one with a family of four, including two children aged three and four, and the other with a short-haired woman, identified as a 63 year old former local official, accompanied by two other women. The former official, who was drinking alcohol, began arguing with one of her companions, identified as a local administrative organisation president and her friend.

The argument escalated when the former official shouted at the family, asking, “Why are you looking at me?”

The situation intensified when the husband, a 25 year old man who wishes to remain anonymous, approached the former official to inquire if she had said anything to his wife. Despite attempts by restaurant staff to defuse the situation, the former official retorted aggressively, leading to a confrontation.

The husband returned to his table, but the former official continued causing trouble. She asked for her car keys, intending to follow the family home. Approaching the family’s table, she picked up a bottle, threatening the man who managed to push her away. The commotion spilt onto the street, where bystanders intervened.

During the chaos, the couple’s four year old son ran out to see what was happening. The former official grabbed the boy by the head and threw him to the ground, causing him to hit his head hard on the surface. Enraged, the boy’s father rushed to defend his son, repeatedly punching the former official while shouting, “Why did you hurt my son?”

Police action

The family filed a police report at Sing Buri Police Station. The boy’s mother described the incident.

“My husband and I are ordinary people who work general jobs. We never expected such trouble. We frequent this restaurant with our two sons. When I heard the argument, I turned to look, and the short-haired woman in black shouted at me, asking why I was looking. I apologised, explaining it was unintentional. Someone in the restaurant pleaded with the former official to calm down but she ignored them.

“A woman in yellow came to our table to apologise, saying her friend was drunk. I accepted the apology, and we tried to move on. However, the former official came to our table and tried to hit my husband with a bottle.

“My eldest son ran to see the fight but was violently thrown to the ground by the former official. My husband retaliated in anger, asking why she hurt our child. We went to the police and later took our son to the hospital.

“He complained of a headache and couldn’t sleep. The hospital advised us to monitor him at home and return if his condition worsened. He vomited three times the next morning, so we went back for further tests, but no serious injuries were found. However, he is still frightened and keeps mentioning the mean person who hurt him.”

Police Colonel Patikorn Harnhatthakit of Sing Buri Police Station commented on the incident.

“The incident was reported to us yesterday by the mother of the injured child. The events were captured on CCTV, confirming the altercation.

“We’ve sent the child for a medical examination to determine the extent of his injuries. Our investigators are reviewing the footage and gathering witness statements to proceed with legal actions against the former official.”

Attempts to contact the restaurant and the involved parties for further comments were unsuccessful, reported KhaoSod.

By Puntid Tantivangphaisal

Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Source: The Thaiger

-- 2024-09-26

news-footer-3.png

image.png

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, chippendale said:

Angry lesbian + alcohol = Trouble! Child abuse!

Yes, drunk lesbians are a menace! How many times have I seen these sinister beings cause all kinds of problems over the years. 

Not like us hetero guys who would never dream of doing such a thing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, chippendale said:

Angry lesbian + alcohol = Trouble! Child abuse!

So you know the lady?

I see nothing in the article that says that she was a lesbian.

PS Not all women with short hair are lesbians.

My wife had short hair all of our married life and she definitely was not a lesbian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A good thing here would be, 3 year in jail and withdrawn government pension.

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

So you know the lady?

I see nothing in the article that says that she was a lesbian.

PS Not all women with short hair are lesbians.

My wife had short hair all of our married life and she definitely was not a lesbian.

But, she might have been bisexual, but never told you.