Why Men Are Rejecting Marriage

5 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Touche 

Writing about taxes ... Are you in Thailand?  If so, you may not have seen the kamala campaign ads where she asks, are you in debt?   I will tell billionaires to pay more taxes!   Every time I see that campaign ad, I hear democrat voices in my head that goes, are criminals mob robbing your store?  I will tell criminals to stop stealing your stuff!  

Edited by radiochaser
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/7/2024 at 9:36 PM, radiochaser said:

Writing about taxes ... Are you in Thailand?  If so, you may not have seen the kamala campaign ads where she asks, are you in debt?   I will tell billionaires to pay more taxes!   Every time I see that campaign ad, I hear democrat voices in my head that goes, are criminals mob robbing your store?  I will tell criminals to stop stealing your stuff!  

Yes indeed - and the silly fools fall for it every time.  I recall the guns and abortions debate.

We must allow abortions to be legal or they will be done illegally and bad things will happen. and then......

We must make guns illegal and that will stop bad thing happening.

If they had enough sense to see the hypocrisy in their own views, they would be mature adults and vote for Trump.

On 9/28/2024 at 1:24 PM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

As most of us are a victim of the western marriage laws that are totally biased towards women in the west.  Most of us have come here (and other SEAsian countries) because we can either remain single, and/or we can build a relationship with a women (or whatever) that has old school values.  We currently live in a gated community in Isaan - the vast majority of the women living here stay home and look after the kids - the way it was when we were kids - and the way it is supposed to be IMO.  Feminism has caused the problems the west for many reasons, one of them being because of their total and utter focus on getting things for the women - often at the expense of the men. 

The guy is the video has summarised the problem very well. If I was a young man in the west I would not get married either. I would work and save/invest, have fun and do things with my single mates, and then when wealthy enough - retire early and move overseas and find a partner that has the values I want to 'invest in'. Many will stay home country and do everything I said, except not go overseas. Nowadays they have seen what happens to so many men (thanks to social media) and they now ask themselves why buy and risk so much, when it is better/safer to rent.

One poster has already stated what IMO will the Answer - if you can call it an answer - more a prediction.  Robots will be developed that are more than willing to perform the roles that a man wants - there is already a huge demand for such a thing, and that will only increase over time.  ASt that time in the future, IMO the choice for men in that future will be - Pick a partner and get married and have kid/s and see what happens (hope) - OR stay single and dont marry, with the plan to move with your money to a 'better' culture/society with marriage laws that are at least even - OR stay single and dont marry with the plan to get yourself a robot or prostitutes (or both).  Women will be less needed in the future - only for those that want kids - they are sewing the seeds of their own destruction right now and they just cannot see it.  

Well once AI rules, yeah I am sure life will change - already, in the US many young folks who got STEm degrees and worked for many of the leading companies of the "future" have had their jobs taken away by the very things they were writing script/apps about that ended up replacing themselves by AI methods.  Now they can't find jobs, still young and that will happen to more and more - just look at some of the auto manufacturers that have replace people with robots.  Expensive at first but then cost effective as no salaries, no health insurances, no pensions, and no strikes.  Those sci-fi movies we watch are more accurate that the human mind might think.  Just my thoughts and observations.

19 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Yes indeed - and the silly fools fall for it every time.  I recall the guns and abortions debate.

We must allow abortions to be legal or they will be done illegally and bad things will happen. and then......

We must make guns illegal and that will stop bad thing happening.

If they had enough sense to see the hypocrisy in their own views, they would be mature adults and vote for Trump.

I have been hearing, that since Roe V was overturned, not only has abortions continued, but they are up 12%.   So, in a way, their predictions of bad things being done are true, 12% more true!!!

Years ago when I was working for the U.S. Government, I would intercept radio teletype broadcasts of the English language version of Radio Tass, the russian news agency.   One thing that struck me was, all the reports of people arrested for possession of, and/or building sub machine guns.   It was and is illegal for civilians to possess semi and full automatic firearms.  But people still built them at home! 

I think that part of being mature is making fewer decisions based on emotion and that one of the driving forces of democrats making decisions is, emotion!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I have been hearing, that since Roe V was overturned, not only has abortions continued, but they are up 12%.   So, in a way, their predictions of bad things being done are true, 12% more true!!!

Years ago when I was working for the U.S. Government, I would intercept radio teletype broadcasts of the English language version of Radio Tass, the russian news agency.   One thing that struck me was, all the reports of people arrested for possession of, and/or building sub machine guns.   It was and is illegal for civilians to possess semi and full automatic firearms.  But people still built them at home! 

I think that part of being mature is making fewer decisions based on emotion and that one of the driving forces of democrats making decisions is, emotion!

Nail on the head hit - exactly correct.

I reckon Shapiro said it best - Facts do not care about your Feelings.

On 10/9/2024 at 11:04 AM, Presnock said:

Well once AI rules, yeah I am sure life will change - already, in the US many young folks who got STEm degrees and worked for many of the leading companies of the "future" have had their jobs taken away by the very things they were writing script/apps about that ended up replacing themselves by AI methods.  Now they can't find jobs, still young and that will happen to more and more - just look at some of the auto manufacturers that have replace people with robots.  Expensive at first but then cost effective as no salaries, no health insurances, no pensions, and no strikes.  Those sci-fi movies we watch are more accurate that the human mind might think.  Just my thoughts and observations.

Good observations - I saw the same and recommended to my son that he focus on developing AI and not so much on the coding. Finished the degree, which was all about coding, but is now working for Government on AI implementation and developments. Hopefully one day he will be setup enough and have a go at doing it himself with his own company - you never know. IMO there will always be the need to employ those who can develop and implement AI - until the day Skynet becomes self-aware of course 🙂  But on a serious note - computers are just algebraic machines that can calculate extremely quickly using algorithms - they are a long long way from independent nuanced calculus type thinking. Many years ago I played chess and computers were developed which got better and better - and then one day I castled to set what it would do - and it was thrown out and I smashed it.  It took many years before a program was developed to counter that 'unusual' move. AI is just reactive calculators operating within programmed parameters, with loopback 'learning' mechanisms. That was developed in the 80s and the guys that did that won the Nobel Physics award this year (Hopfield and Hinton) - it is just that with networked computers and components and their much lower costs it is possible to do it now. If you want to know about this field - check out the development of 'Self Driving' at Tesla. However.  IMO for a long long time, there will be something 'instinctive' that an AI device will not understand and they will need a person to develop and implement them. They are like a savant that can calculate mathematics unbelievably, but cannot put on their shoes. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Good observations - I saw the same and recommended to my son that he focus on developing AI and not so much on the coding. Finished the degree, which was all about coding, but is now working for Government on AI implementation and developments. Hopefully one day he will be setup enough and have a go at doing it himself with his own company - you never know. IMO there will always be the need to employ those who can develop and implement AI - until the day Skynet becomes self-aware of course 🙂  But on a serious note - computers are just algebraic machines that can calculate extremely quickly using algorithms - they are a long long way from independent nuanced calculus type thinking. Many years ago I played chess and computers were developed which got better and better - and then one day I castled to set what it would do - and it was thrown out and I smashed it.  It took many years before a program was developed to counter that 'unusual' move. AI is just reactive calculators operating within programmed parameters, with loopback 'learning' mechanisms. That was developed in the 80s and the guys that did that won the Nobel Physics award this year (Hopfield and Hinton) - it is just that with networked computers and components and their much lower costs it is possible to do it now. If you want to know about this field - check out the development of 'Self Driving' at Tesla. However.  IMO for a long long time, there will be something 'instinctive' that an AI device will not understand and they will need a person to develop and implement them. They are like a savant that can calculate mathematics unbelievably, but cannot put on their shoes. 

well the AI experts say 2034 that AI will rule - not hard to believe as I am totally AI ignorant to the extreme.  I managed an office with 50 computers but fortunately I had computer techs and expert users or I would have failed at my job.  I do feel sorry for all those that worked their butts off in schools getting those degrees, offered great jobs and then having the rug pulled out from beneath them during a huge immigrant influx taking anything and everything offered just to get a couple of $$.  Many of those youngsters also have house and car payments that are still due.

On 10/1/2024 at 1:41 AM, save the frogs said:

psych hacks latest video is about sexless marriage.

he calls it a breach of contract and equates it to cheating on your partner. 

PsychHack is superb, well worth watching anything with Orion Taraban.

• Thumbs Up 1