Two Friends in Drunken Dispute: One Knocked Unconscious After Argument Turns Violent

Georgealbert

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

That Brit has just lost his job, his house and his freedom. Something to consider before getting unruly, the consequences can be just as bad as the prison sentence. Anyone see a go fund me for the lawyers fee coming.

Not a chance, GoFundMe doesn't operate in Thailand.

• Haha 1

If the drunken British LOUT has a some money, I hope the Aussie's family takes it all.  Make the bastard a pauper.  When he emerges from Thai prison, deport him with nothing in his pocket back to Britain. Let him die with nothing on the streets of London. 

Or do some of you have sympathy for him?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, youngster30uk said:
3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I just posted my opinion, which not warranted such response from you. How would it be if you just told your opinion about the news? Or maybe you should just go back under you rock.

So you are allowed an opinion on something, but someone else isnt allowed an opinion on your opinion?

Holzerfilled's comment that Gottfrid referenced was not him expressing an opinion about anything, it was him ridiculing Gottfrid and pompously suggesting that he (Holzerfilled) represented the entire AN membership!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Reddavy said:
4 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Yet another brilliant insight from Gottfrid that none of us would have figured on our own.  On behalf of the entire Aseannow community I thank you Gottfrid for your tireless service. 

Could not of put it better.

You didn't put that particularly well so I see no reason to believe that you could have put it any better!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There was no suggestion that he was his "best friend".  Neither was it reported that he had no remorse.

Sure it was.  He denies any responsibility. That was in the article.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:
25 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why has he "lost his house"?

When in prison you can't pay the rent or the mortgage.

He has a mortgage to pay?   If he doesn't pay his rent he doesn't lose his house, he doesn't own a house to lose.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gobbler said:
7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There was no suggestion that he was his "best friend".  Neither was it reported that he had no remorse.

Sure it was.  He denies any responsibility. That was in the article.

Denying responsibility, from a legal standpoint, is not an indication of lack of remorse, it is a sensible thing to do for someone who believes that they are not guilty of a deliberate killing .

• Love It 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Denying responsibility, from a legal standpoint, is not an indication of lack of remorse, it is a sensible thing to do for someone who believes that they are not guilty of a deliberate killing .

So now the drunk Brit is doing sensible things? How convenient. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

He has a mortgage to pay?   If he doesn't pay his rent he doesn't lose his house, he doesn't own a house to lose.

At any rate he loses his home and upon release he will be unemployed, not an ideal position to be in these days, one punch and his future is ruined.

45 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Holzerfilled's comment that Gottfrid referenced was not him expressing an opinion about anything, it was him ridiculing Gottfrid and pompously suggesting that he (Holzerfilled) represented the entire AN membership!

Aka, his opinion

Hookers, Ladyboys, Booze n Beer at 2am.  What possibly could go wrong.

Said it 1,ooo Xs... Nothing good happened between midnight and 4am while drinking..

Love how the Bars are exempt from the cause.. Let's Keep pouring alcohol down ones throat...all about the BAHT...

Hmmm never see this in Singapore.. Oh that's right..they have the right to stop serving your drunk ass... Aussies..send them all home..

30 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

So now the drunk Brit is doing sensible things? How convenient. 

In the specific legal circumstance that I posted about, yes.  Don't see how you see it as "convenient", though...convenient for whom, and how?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

In the specific legal circumstance that I posted about, yes.  Don't see how you see it as "convenient", though...convenient for whom, and how?

He could have lamented the loss of his friend. 

• Confused 2

I left LOS in 2013 with my Thai family & moved to Australia, as I had cancer. In 2016 I had further treatment. After I'd finished my first week of months of nastiness, I stopped in at my local pub to put a bet on a horse, as I am involved in thoroughbred racing & breeding. Sadly, TAB's in Australia are now nearly all located in pubs & clubs. It was a Sunday & only two people were in the bar. I backed a 40/1 winner at its' first start, which apparently upset a local who had just lost his money backing something else. As I walked past him to collect my winnings, I became the victim of a "one punch" un-provoked attack. He had simply 'lost it', completely. Luckily my head never hit the floor, or I'd be dead. I was however knocked out & the chap who did it was charged & convicted. He was British, but lived here. I was lucky, as the pub had just installed CCTV the day before & it was all on film. As I didn't die, unlike so many others both here in Australia & particularly in the UK, the Court was lenient with the t*rd & he got off lightly with a fine. Two days ago the ABC here in Oz ran a special on "one punch attacks" in the UK. It revealed that the numbers of such incidents are horrendous in the UK & so, just like here in Australia, the UK govt. has enacted legislation giving severe penalties for one-punch attacks that result in the death or disability of the victim. The number of deaths from "one punch" attacks in the UK in recent years is appalling. Like others have said, if I got violent when I drank beer, I'd quit drinking.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Unfortunately aggressive people again, that can´t control and refrain from impulse action. Totally unnecessary violence, when there is an option to just say F-O and go home, as it seems they had been drinking enough and can´t control their actions.

People don't understand what alcohol does or how dangerous it is, despite weekly reports of alcohol-related violence on AN.

1 - It brings up repressed anger

2 - It lowers inhibitions, including inhibitions to act out violently. So no, you can't control your actions

3 - And if you're drunk and someone attacks you, you can't defend yourself

Sitting around drinking with "friends" is one of stupidest things in society that is considered normal behavior. 

23 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

People don't understand what alcohol does or how dangerous it is, despite weekly reports of alcohol-related violence on AN.

1 - It brings up repressed anger

2 - It lowers inhibitions, including inhibitions to act out violently. So no, you can't control your actions

3 - And if you're drunk and someone attacks you, you can't defend yourself

Sitting around drinking with "friends" is one of stupidest things in society that is considered normal behavior. 

That is just a load of bull. By far, the majority of drinkers have none of the problems you are describing. The new stupidest now is comments like yours.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

When in prison you can't pay the rent or the mortgage.

Yeah, but how was it his house? Or was it not in Thailand?

1 hour ago, Gobbler said:

Just because a teenager says something doesn't mean it should be ignored.

Absolutely not, but you should probably teach you son a bit better. 🤣

• Like 1