Police Bus Bombing: Four Officers Injured: Pattani

IMG_6094.jpeg
Picture from responders.

A police bus convoy traveling along Route 42, between Narathiwat and Pattani, was bombed on the afternoon of September 27, causing the vehicle to lose control and crash off the road. The incident sparked alarm among the officers on board and passing motorists.

The attack took place near Tabing Subdistrict, in the Sai Buri District of Pattani Province. According to reports, an IED, explosive device planted along the road was detonated as the bus passed by. The device had been hidden in a water meter cabinet on the side of the road.

In the immediate aftermath, officers were seen exiting the crashed bus, and it was confirmed that four police officers were injured in the blast. The injured officers were all transported to Songklanagarind Hospital, Hat Yai District, Songkhla Province , where their injuries are reported to be non-life-threatening.

Authorities are treating the incident as a serious act of violence, as the bombing of the police bus marks another bold attack in the region. An investigation is currently underway to determine who was  responsible for the bombing.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-28

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

image.png

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Them are some big holes... Luckily no fatalities. 

Soft skinned vehicle, target rich environment with bus full of cops, big police markings all over the bus- what could possibly go wrong????

Madness really.

Edited by sungod
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Soft skinned vehicle, target rich environment with bus full of cops, big police markings all over the bus- what could possibly go wrong????

Madness really.

2 out of 2 for the victim blaming.

47 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

2 out of 2 for the victim blaming.

No, not the victims, their stupid superiors. Obviously you are ignorant to incidents like this.

Anyway, you have no knowledge on this subject so trot on and keep an eye on those weed smokers.

54 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

I have stayed in 74 of Thailands 77 provinces.

My OCD is begging me to complete the final 3 which are Yala,Pattani and Narathiwat but Fuuck that.

I live in Narathiwat. You should come visit.

If you have faith, The Lord Your God will protect you from harm.

Edited by MarcelV

1 hour ago, Kinok Farang said:

I have stayed in 74 of Thailands 77 provinces.

My OCD is begging me to complete the final 3 which are Yala,Pattani and Narathiwat but Fuuck that.

Keep your distance from the security forces who are the real target and you will be fine. Its a nice part of the world with a real different cultural feel than the rest of the country.

51 minutes ago, sungod said:

Keep your distance from the security forces who are the real target and you will be fine. Its a nice part of the world with a real different cultural feel than the rest of the country.

Thanks,both you and MarcelV have made me feel a bit more confident of visiting the southern provinces.

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Reminds me of Iraq and to a lesser degree Afghanistan a few years back. 

Stay away from the American Armed Forces and you'll be fine.