Tax, PRB etc.

thailandsgreat

After owning a scooter for a year I went to DLT with the "insurance document" and the green book. I paid a moderate sum and got a new tax sticker to keep on the bike.

Did I then also pay the PRB for next year? Since I got a sticker for next year I should be OK? PRB is mandatory, isn't it.

A Thai person told me I didn't need to go to DLT. If I just go to a licensed operator ตรอ/inspection station, like opposite 7Eleven ship on S Pattaya road, they will set all up for me. But needs for me to go back and pick up after a few days.

But will that cost more? If I need to buy PRB, where should I buy it?

I also have a motorcycle and may buy one more. They are delivered with one year first class insurance with a company called Lockton. I guess I will just call Lockton when time to renew arrives. I could compare offer to what the ตรอ can give. And If I go with first class insurance, PRB is included?

Any suggestions appreciated. Any good insurance companies?

Edited by thailandsgreat

Just done that with Sister-in-law's car. Nearest tax office is 25km away so we went to a testing station only 3km down the road. We paid the correct amount, received the receipt, left the registration book and we have to retrieve it with the new sticker tomorrow.