Cervical Cancer Treatment Options

Aviatorhi

So yesterday I was hanging out with a girl I know and she gets a phone call out of the blue - long story short, she goes outside and then she comes into the room from the balcony and simply says "I have cervical cancer, doctor said don't worry and go to Chonburi Cancer Hospital on Monday - how can I not worry?". Well, I've known her a while and don't have much else to do and she's terrifyingly young to get such a sinister disease so I'd like to give her the best odds of survival.h

What do contributors have to offer as far as advice? I'm lucky myself and have never been in a hospital for anything more than my annual physical "body scan". So I'm completely out of my depth here. Most advice I've found is that the Chomburi hospital is poorly staffed and private hospital will likely be much better. But I genuinely don't know. 

The treatment and prognosis both depend on  the cancer stage.  Early stage cervical cancer is very curable. 

Depending on stage of the cancer, tteatment may be as simple as cauterization of the cervix (a onetime outpatient procedure) or may involve surgery with or without radiation.

Whether of not the woman wants to preserve fertility is a treatment consideration along with the cancer stage.

While government cancer  hospitals are low on comforts/amemities and crowded, they usually provide a good quality of care snd there is no medical advantage to going private. In addition it would be extremely expensive and carry a greater risk of unnecessary treatment/ overtreatment

It's not at all sure she has cancer already,  it may just as well be a precursor to cancer, eg a pathological PAP smear. Most girls will not differentiate (and won't understand the difference anyway), but the difference in treatment and outcome is huge.

She should go to Chonburi Cancer Hospital as suggested,  at least for further diagnostics, and probably get the treatment there,  too.

It doesn't make sense at all to go to a private hospital at this stage,  as Sheryl said.