I Voted Today

Yagoda

22 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

I voted today, via electronic absentee ballot, for the next President of the USA, Donald J. Trump. I am registered in a battleground state and would love to see Trump win my State by one vote.

Americans, dont forget to vote!

I didn't know Alabama was a swing state.

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Your state allows online voting?

Or do you mean you faxed or maiiled  ballot after downloading it online? 

On line. I pregistered so it was easy. I was going to print out my packet and drop it off in Bangkok but its more crap to carry around, so if I can do it online? Hell yeah

18 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I didn't know Alabama was a swing state.

Im not in Alabama. If I was I would have changed to somewhere where my vote is magnified. Don doesnt need me in  Alabama.

How bout you, vote yet?

8 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

On line. I pregistered so it was easy. I was going to print out my packet and drop it off in Bangkok but its more crap to carry around, so if I can do it online? Hell yeah

You're lucky. Many states don't offer this. 

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

You're lucky. Many states don't offer this. 

I hate being forced to go to Bangkok with its devilish temptations that could corrupt an innocent boy like me.

58 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Americans, dont forget to vote!

No, don't vote. The people in power will not check in with you anyway. 

Aristotle said "you are what you habitually do." 

The only way to "vote" is by how you live your life. 

16 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Thanks for the reminder.

Texas no have online voting.  Checked with Secretary of State website to confirm still active, emailed the county clerk to have a ballot and carrier envelope emailed.

https://teamrv-mvp.sos.texas.gov/MVP/mvp.do

There is a ballot box at the Consulate in Bangkok and in Chiang Mai

Just now, Yagoda said:

There is a ballot box at the Consulate in Bangkok and in Chiang Mai

I am in neither of those places, and no have ballot yet.

County clerk will email ballot and carrier envelope (both sides) PDF files.  I just have to print off and mail it in.

Voted in 1 presidential election out of 12 available.  I won't be voting in this one either.  President is appointed by electors of the Electoral College (EC).  He/she is not elected by popular vote.

You don't even vote for the electors of the EC.   Electoral College is the group of presidential electors that is formed every four years during the presidential election for the sole purpose of voting for the president and vice president.  Each state appoints the electors.

With that ... what's the point of voting for the President.   I have better things to do, than waste my time, going through the motions, doing something, that affects, absolutely nothing.

4 times the EC appointed the unpopular candidate ...

D Trump (2016)

G Bush (2000)

B Harrison (1888)

R Hayes (1876)

Edited by KhunLA

13 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Voted in 1 presidential election out of 12 available.  I won't be voting in this one either.  President is appointed by electors of the Electoral College (EC).  He/she is not elected by popular vote.

You don't even vote for the electors of the EC.   Electoral College is the group of presidential electors that is formed every four years during the presidential election for the sole purpose of voting for the president and vice president.  Each state appoints the electors.

With that ... what's the point of voting for the President.   I have better things to do, than waste my time, going through the motions, doing something, that affects, absolutely nothing.

D Trump (2016)

G Bush (2000)

B Harrison (1888)

R Hayes (1876)

Its your right as an american not to vote. no need to explain, no one cares. Folks either vote or they dont. You probably cant convince a person not to vote if they are so inclined, so your exposition of why YOU chose not to vote is really unnecessary. Of course, folks who feel bad about something always manage to come up with a explanation, neh?

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Your state allows online voting?

Or do you mean you faxed or maiiled  ballot after downloading it online? 

I've never heard of any state offering "online voting."  It would require some form of digital id. 

1 minute ago, Yagoda said:

Its your right as an american not to vote. no need to explain, no one cares. Folks either vote or they dont. You probably cant convince a person not to vote if they are so inclined, so your exposition of why YOU chose not to vote is really unnecessary. Of course, folks who feel bad about something always manage to come up with a explanation, neh?

Haven't got a clue what you're trying to say.  vote or not, it's UP2U.  I could care less, and not trying to convince people not to.  That would equate to me .... :banghead:

Just hope you realize, it, your vote, means absolutely nothing.   I'm guessing, actually pretty sure, many people haven't a clue how the President is appointed.  Or how electors are appointed, who actually appoint the Pres. & VP.

26 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

D Trump (2016)

G Bush (2000)

B Harrison (1888)

R Hayes (1876)

And the Democratic candidate wasn't even elected in a primary.  Nobody voted to have her run for the presidency.  But then, all presidential elections are kabuki theater where two establishment clones are placed in front of the populace who are then given the illusion of voting for president.  Democracy.  <laughs>

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, connda said:

I've never heard of any state offering "online voting."  It would require some form of digital id. 

you have to register, then its all form filling and a click to sign

13 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Haven't got a clue what you're trying to say.  vote or not, it's UP2U.  I could care less, and not trying to convince people not to.  That would equate to me .... :banghead:

Just hope you realize, it, your vote, means absolutely nothing.   I'm guessing, actually pretty sure, many people haven't a clue how the President is appointed.  Or how electors are appointed, who actually appoint the Pres. & VP.

Your opinion is your opinion. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, connda said:

And the Democratic candidate wasn't even elected in a primary.  Nobody voted to have her run for the presidency.  But then, all presidential elections are kabuki theater where two establishment clones are placed in front of the populace who are then given the illusion of voting for president.  Democracy.  <laughs>

Just another way to keep the masses distracted and division intact. 

They can tell you what celebrity is sleeping with who.   But probably haven't a clue what their local, state, or fed level representatives voter for the last 2-4-6 years.   Probably don't even know their rep's name ... :cheesy:

Som nam naa

43 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You do remember that Trump lost Georgia by 12000 votes. That was .0012% of almost 11 million of the state's population. Or Gore's loosing Florida by 537 out of 582000.  A few votes can make a big difference.

Edited by bunnydrops
addition

11 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

You do remember that Trump lost Georgia by 12000 votes. That was .0012% of almost 11 million of the state's population. A few votes can make a big difference.

If votes dont count why do Dems always try to steal them

Edited by Yagoda
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Im not in Alabama. If I was I would have changed to somewhere where my vote is magnified. Don doesnt need me in  Alabama.

How bout you, vote yet?

I have to fix my voter registration in Texas, because it was suspended. And then apply for an absentee ballot.